Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
During the first part of the movie when you see the world in shambles after the snap five years later, it was mentioned how the planet has gotten better because there's less pollution / industrial activity, whales have returned to the Hudson, etc... plus people as a whole probably realized how much their loved ones matter and how they should enjoy the moment, yada yada...

That, to me, was the reason why Iron Man told Hulk to snap people back AFTER the five years, so they'd return to a universe that "learned its lesson" from the snap and can hopefully change its ways so another Thanos doesn't need show up ever again.

No way

Iron Man did it 100% for his daughter. If everything goes back to how it was pre-snap, then she's never born and that's not acceptable.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
The strike a pose thing has been present since the first Avengers movie. The money shot at the beginning where they're all attacking in the same direction. It's a comic book thing to have everyone shown on the same page for a spectacular screenshot. Getting butt hurt because they did a compilation shot with the women characters is dumb as fuck. It's slightly distracting, but put your dick back in your pants because it fits and the screen caps will be awesome.

I'm sure SJW are going to suck at that tit, but I don't give a fuck. It's their life to waste.

You're just ignoring the difference between establishing a shot as organic in the film (Within the rules the film laid out, no matter how obtuse they are by our standards in reality) and simply barfing the shot up. In the first avengers movie, the pose struck established all the avengers retreating to that position beforehand. The movie showed how/why they were getting free to get together, then it showed them together. The shot was established and then displayed for cinematic effect. In movie making, this is what segregates good fights and camera work from shit fights and camera work, when the audience has a relative frame and generally understands where/why actions is taking place. This is why the all girl "she's not alone" part in Infinity war works, and no gave a flying fuck about it. Its also why the main "strike a pose works"--because its established the Wizards are literally transporting everyone there, and thus its logical everyone is lined up.

In Endgame though, the establishment before that scene was that every female superhero was engaged in some significant task. Now if a few got free to run the football, no one would give a shit (Like when Thor and Hulk get free to take down one of those worms in Avengers). But that's not what happened. Despite establishing these characters all over the battle field, being integral to the battle, and showing them pinned down with everyone else from the barrage and then dealing with the after effects--out of nowhere they show EVERYONE that doesn't have a dick magically left their very integral locations to come strike that pose. You want to know who makes their movies like this, without giving a fuck communicating to the audience where/what the characters are doing, just "maximizing the cool of the shot"---Michael Bay. Why is it so hard to just say "that's a stupid shot"? Because it is. No one said it totally ruined the movie, people just said that's stupid and maybe broke their disbelief for a minute.

However, if you're going to defend it, please stop being disingenuous in your reading of other people's criticism as if its butt hurt over women being there that's driving it. No, the main problem is it was lazy and clearly done as a lazy way to get a marketing rep a screen-cap. All anyone's asking is that they do the work to get there. Which is why no gives a shit when Scarlet Witch shows up and Girl Powers Thanos into the dirt, and everyone who isn't afraid of disrupting the church of SJWs ban on criticism thought this was retarded specifically because it DOES NOT FIT. And you KNOW its retarded, that's why its "slightly distracting' (Which means it doesn't fit, by the way), which is why you have to make the criticism seem like its about being annoyed at women; because that's the only way to climb up to the moral high ground and defend those unearned, cheap Michael Bay moments as being "for the awesome" without sounding dumb.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 2Solidarity

Inque

FunEmployed
Except that Hawkeye literally held the Soul Stone in his hands. But that one probably binds with the person who is chosen to have it.

Yea, I think that's more the exception. Even Thanos held that one, and the Time Stone was held by Strange, Hulk an crew. In my head I was thinking more on the lines of all of them once, with the obvious one being the Power Stone that we know goes kablooey.

Chris

Potato del Grande
About Cap going back in time...

I was thinking that he went back to 1970 Peggy and not 1945 Peggy. 1970 Peggy maintains the Agent Carter TV continuity and he was going to her location in 1970 anyway?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
For me? It was just another neat screenshot that fits within the comic book translated to big screen. I literally don't get why people are so butt hurt over it. If they portrayed the same thing 10 years ago before the SJW movement, no one would give two fucks and may have even heralded it as being a badass moment. The fact that folks are bothered by it, even being so ridiculously minimal, means we've all been fucked by said movement so as to ruin an otherwise amazing movie.

It's not the scene that's wrong. It's that focusing on one sex or the other is critically analyzed now for political bullshit.

Pull your dick out of politics.

No one is saying it ruined the movie, you're purposely exaggerating people's criticism to try and form some non-retard defense. People criticized one scene because it wasn't established well and pretty clearly motivated by ideological/marketing needs, that's it. The scene was ham-fisted and silly. If you're not butt hurt, this is really easy to admit--even you admit it was distraction for that reason.

And stop obsessing over dicks. I get its paramount for you to try and make this about "angry men" vs women, so you can waddle up to that moral high ground...But its pretty transparent man. Again, take a step back and really ask who is butt hurt here? Think about the hypocrisy of your position. You've got a couple guys claiming the movie is being ruined because some people are saying "gee that scene was kind of retarded and forced and clearly political given the massive ad campaign that preceded it and explicitly pushed that ideology..." on a discussion forum where such things are meant to be discussed. And that this criticism is so bad that you guys can't just "pull your dick out of politics" and ignore said criticism. But you expect everyone to "pull their dicks out of politics" and ignore a massive ad campaign culminating with a silly scene in one of the most widely distributed pieces of media humanity has ever produced.

Okay.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
About Cap going back in time...

I was thinking that he went back to 1970 Peggy and not 1945 Peggy. 1970 Peggy maintains the Agent Carter TV continuity and he was going to her location in 1970 anyway?

No, the final shot showed cars from the 40's on the street. Unless there was a classic car show in town, most American neighborhoods didn't look like that in the 70's.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No, the final shot showed cars from the 40's on the street. Unless there was a classic car show in town, most American neighborhoods didn't look like that in the 70's.
at least Cap stopped Peggy from becoming a coal burner!

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I found Cap Marvel running into Ironmans ship at the start kind of lazy. They did the same in Infinity War with The Guardians running into Thor in the vastness of space. To do the same for 2 movies in a row is just lazy writing. Could have easily had them sending out a distress signal of some kind or anything at all to make it more than just the exact same coincidence two movies in a row.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I found Cap Marvel running into Ironmans ship at the start kind of lazy. They did the same in Infinity War with The Guardians running into Thor in the vastness of space. To do the same for 2 movies in a row is just lazy writing. Could have easily had them sending out a distress signal of some kind or anything at all to make it more than just the exact same coincidence two movies in a row.
didnt she go out there specifically to look for Tony? she gets the beacon message from Fury, Cap and Natasha fill her in on what happens, she flies out to Titan to see whats what and runs across Tony's ship floating in space. its not random chance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
didnt she go out there specifically to look for Tony? she gets the beacon message from Fury, Cap and Natasha fill her in on what happens, she flies out to Titan to see whats what and runs across Tony's ship floating in space. its not random chance.

Except Tony told us that they had restored power to the engines for a short amount of time, they had been drifting for 23 days, etc. Even if she was looking for that ship the chances of finding it are close to nil.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Looks like this was a cut scene since it's in the trailers.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
10/10.

Although I came here for the inevitable complaints about certain things and wasn't disappointed. I thought it was very well done to show certain characters power levels against Thanos being able to hold there own for a brief time but eventually he beat them down 1 on 1...Cap with the hammer, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch. Although I guess with SW he just had his ship bombard shit everywhere she kind of had him on the ropes. The send offs for RDJ and Evans were great. Chris Hemsworth is fucking hilarious and the entire scene with Asgaurdians of the Galaxy was great. His comedic timing is flawless. The only thing I didn't like all that much although I'm giving it a pass was Professor Hulk. "On your left" with the portals opening and everyone showing up was god tier.

I would be very interested to hear someone's very good explanation about how all the timelines sync up from start to finish now, since 2014 Thanos came to the future and got killed, did the original snap just never happen now? But Hulk's snap had everyone that died from the first snap just skip over 5 years of existence and come back while everyone else is 5 years older? Cap goes and lives his life but does it interfere with Peggy Carter's work as an agent her whole life? He just doesn't say shit about anything that is going to happen for those 70 years that was bad? His original body still gets found and he's asleep for 70 years? So many questions.

I haven't seen many talk about the "on your left" thing. I found that to be one of the most stunning, truly awesome scenes of the whole movie. I know this sounds so gay but I don't think I took a breath the whole time. Totally welled up with tears. It was just amazing. The Avengers just all got their asses kicked, Captain has this amazing scene with Moljnir, and still gets his ass beat, and his unbreakable shield breaks, he's bleeding, can barely stand up, then EVERYONE from 22 movies shows up at one time (except why no US Military? LOL - it always cracks me up the military doesn't ever show up, but Wakanda's military does) and it's just amazing, dramatic entrances. Fuck that was the best scene of the movie.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
As soon as they arrived in their past, they created a new timeline. It's the many worlds theory, in that the timeline they enter becomes a branching point for a new future. It was their past only until they entered it, then it became a new timeline. Captain America wasn't closing off anything. He was just giving them back the stones. Their futures are still continuing along a different path than the one that ends up in Cap's present. Thanos *did* travel to a different timeline because as soon as he discovered what was going on, his timeline would've never wound up in the modern present.

So there's no Schrodinger's Thanos. The one that traveled to our present and got snapped out of existence was completely different than the one who collected the stones. That's what they meant by not being able to change our present by changing the past. It just creates a new branching timeline that has no effect on the present
except they didn't. i'd 100% agree with you except
cap's ending completely invalidates any multiple timeline shenanigans. on an intellectual level, everything banner and stark state about time travel is actually the exact opposite of what the ancient one implies. she basically implies that as long as you don't create NEW timelines, you CAN go back into your own past. the trick is actually NOT creating new timelines (or making sure to close them off). THIS IS WHY TIME TRAVEL IS TERRIBLE AS A PLOT AAAGGGHHHH

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Really odd pacing and tone. An endless Debbie Downer vibe with some attempts at comedy shoehorned in which almost none of it landed. Really kinda jarring. Sure seemed like the 3 hrs could have been cut down to 2 1/4.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
after watching it I was mad we got so little hulk action. Then I sort of realized his right arm is forever fucked from his snap. So I assume that’s his write out. He retires to one arm land. Still wish he got some kind of “ending” - if the original 6

Stark dies the hero
Cap findally grows old
Natasha sacrifices herself so Clint can save his family
Clint regains his humanity and family
Thor accepts he will never be the Ling he’s supposed to be and accepts who he currently is and leaves earth
Banner ends the movie trying to figure out where cap went.....and that’s about it

TheOkapi

Molten Core Raider
The hair.. It's like she wanted to make herself as hatable as possible.

It's the hair Captain Marvel currently has in the comics.

MightyCaptainMarvel002_Cvr-featured.jpg

I still don't know where Rhodie's second suit came from, though.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

You mean like the distress signal from the Asgardian ship that the Guardians were responding to, that resulted in Thor being brought on board?

Good call they should have differentiated the two.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I still don't know where Rhodie's second suit came from, though.

yeah... i'm just assuming there was some deleted scene with rhodey getting a new suit right when the battle starts. his old suit was probably damaged when thanos bombarded avengers compound. they probably just scrapped it because it didn't really need to be there since he's hardly even shown in the battle. it's just weird that they didn't re-cgi his old suit back on him because it's front and center with no explanation.