Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Raes

Vyemm Raider
obviously a petition cant remove somebody from a picture deal or a certain role, i was laughing at her cult turning against her because she isnt gay or non white.

Well, the petition calls for her to "step down" not be fired/replaced. 32 people isn't much of a following, lol. It's just clickbait, just like the youtube video linked. It's always been stupid that blonde white rich actress is trying to champion the lesser peoples. But not with her own money, lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well, the petition calls for her to "step down" not be fired/replaced. 32 people isn't much of a following, lol. It's just clickbait, just like the youtube video linked. It's always been stupid that blonde white rich actress is trying to champion the lesser peoples. But not with her own money, lol.
32 people isnt much, but sometimes just one complaint can get you fired. depends on how loud they are.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So I watched this movie today. It was a cluster fuck. Movies need to fuck off with time travel shit. It had a lot of really cool scenes, but I feel like it was riddled with plot holes galore.

Hopefully Detective Pikachu is more coherent.

• 1Like

Bidoof

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah.. this was a 7/10. You guys saying 9+/10 are out of your goddamn minds. Had some great moments, loved how Ironman saved the day... but time travel is never not retarded. Couple of autists in this thread have already proven that the movie broke its own time travel rules, that's bound to happen when time travel is used in any franchise. Such a cop out that just leads to confusion and discontinuity.

Felt really underwhelmed that our heroes are technically facing off against a different Thanos, from 2014... and this Thanos is somehow able to beat Ironman, Thor, and Captain America's ass BEFORE having any infinity stones. Ironman from 5 years ago made 4 stone having Thanos bleed, Thor from 5 years ago nearly fucking killed the original Thanos himself, again this is with that Thanos having the stones... you're telling me that a zero stone 2014 Thanos is supposed to be able to handle all three of these guys now, why? For convenience?

Also, they should've allowed Hulk to hulk the fuck out in that last fight, he hasn't done shit in the last 2 movies now.

• 3Like
  • 2Barf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Yeah.. this was a 7/10. You guys saying 9+/10 are out of your goddamn minds. Had some great moments, loved how Ironman saved the day... but time travel is never not retarded. Couple of autists in this thread have already proven that the movie broke its own time travel rules, that's bound to happen when time travel is used in any franchise. Such a cop out that just leads to confusion and discontinuity.

Felt really underwhelmed that our heroes are technically facing off against a different Thanos, from 2014... and this Thanos is somehow able to beat Ironman, Thor, and Captain America's ass BEFORE having any infinity stones. Ironman from 5 years ago made 4 stone having Thanos bleed, Thor from 5 years ago nearly fucking killed the original Thanos himself, again this is with that Thanos having the stones... you're telling me that a zero stone 2014 Thanos is supposed to be able to handle all three of these guys now, why? For convenience?

Also, they should've allowed Hulk to hulk the fuck out in that last fight, he hasn't done shit in the last 2 movies now.

I try to think of its as the superheroes are 5 years off their game. Thor obviously is out of shape, but still a god, but hasn't fought in years. Iron Man has been a family man for the last 5 years, no fights. Captain America has been leading therapy sessions.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
giphy.gif
Best thing I've read after watching that shit show on Tuesday.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
It had its moments but critics and fans saying its the best film yet are so wrong. It was dull as it felt thrown together and to me Infinity War was put together a lot better. The send offs were great and the mary sue moment at the end was laughable.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wife brought up something that I did not think about.

So we get to see the new Thor's city/village that he was living in after 5 years. The new Asgard so to speak. In The beginning of Infinity Wars, the ship that Thor had been traveling on was destroyed. It clearly shows many Asgardians dead on the floor of the ship. Then Thor is found floating in space which gives you the idea that he was the only survivor of that ship.

So, who are the people in the new Asgard? Also, how did the rock guy survive? How did Valkyrie survive??

With all the discussion about time travel, that is actually a pretty glaring plot hole.

• 3Like

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Isn’t thanos’ whole thing remove half the population in the universe? I just figured that was the 50% that was allowed to live.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure the ship was destroyed. If not, why was there massive wreckage and Thor left to float in space. Thanos is not much for taking prisoners, unless they serve a purpose. Crafters, farmers and musicians do not serve Thanos in anyway. Valkyrie would have fought Thanos and most likely died. Its a plot hole.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
It had its moments but critics and fans saying its the best film yet are so wrong. It was dull as it felt thrown together and to me Infinity War was put together a lot better. The send offs were great and the mary sue moment at the end was laughable.
Yeah I'd place it in the upper part of the middle tier of MCU movies. Certainly entertaining but not on the same level as the best Marvel films. 3rd best actual Avengers film, certainly better than Ultron at least. Time travel shit is real sketchy in most movies and not much exception for this.

• 2Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
My wife brought up something that I did not think about.

So we get to see the new Thor's city/village that he was living in after 5 years. The new Asgard so to speak. In The beginning of Infinity Wars, the ship that Thor had been traveling on was destroyed. It clearly shows many Asgardians dead on the floor of the ship. Then Thor is found floating in space which gives you the idea that he was the only survivor of that ship.

So, who are the people in the new Asgard? Also, how did the rock guy survive? How did Valkyrie survive??
Half of the ship's refugees had managed to escape. After that, Thanos flunkies killed the rest.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i still stand by my 10/10 rating for this, i wasnt focusing on how Cap sitting on a park bench broke nerd's brains. i only cared about tying this whole thing up in an entertaining, emotional and satisfying bow. it more than delivered on that. the grrrl powah thing didnt bother me, cuz it was just a few seconds and then bitches got flung out of the way. didnt care that Hulk got turned into a pussy, more than enough pwnage going on elsewhere, i did care that a demigod could become fat somehow. i imagined if Thor could harness a dying star and float thru space and live, a little beer isnt going to have any effect on him, but it didnt matter in the end. great movie and will see it in the theater in a week.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Even if nothing in the movie shows them surviving, the Russos or someone, maybe Feige, explicitly said in an interview that a bunch of the Asgardians escaped, along with Korg, Meek, and Valkyrie. I suppose they still got halved again in the snap, but there were still a few hundred left probably.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Time travel is always full of plot holes and head scratchers, which is why spending so much time setting up and going back was a waste. The movie didn't need to be 3 hours long because we didn't need to waste so much time watching them prep for and then finally go back in time to grab the stones. The culmination of so many individual character storylines was always going to be an issue, just because of the logistics of tying together so much into one movie. But the end of the movie was satisfying. The beginning of the movie was kind of boring and dragged on needlessly which is what makes Endgame suffer in my opinion. Telling that part of the story could have been accomplished in a much more concise manner.

We lose a lot of the excitement of the fight with Thanos because we already saw them fight a much more powerful version (Thanos with multiple and eventually all of the stones) in Infinity War. So it was just "same big baddie, but not as powerful". Scarlet Witch kicking the shit out of him was a great moment. Cap picking up Mjolnir was a great moment. Tony Stark sacrificing himself was a great moment. But most of the movie leading up to those sequences was just kinda boring.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even if nothing in the movie shows them surviving, the Russos or someone, maybe Feige, explicitly said in an interview that a bunch of the Asgardians escaped, along with Korg, Meek, and Valkyrie. I suppose they still got halved again in the snap, but there were still a few hundred left probably.

They should have taken 5 seconds to show the escape pods. I do not think the white flickering by the ship are escape pods. I think it is reflective debris. Since it was not shown, you could have just as easily assumed they were all killed. This point is made pretty strong with the bodies of the asgardians littering the deck they are walking on. Having to explain something outside of a movie to make the movie make sense, is the definition of a plot hole within a movie. I mean at that point I could just say that God Almighty "The very creator of the universe" felt sorry for the survivors and teleported them safely to earth. However God realized that Thanos might think something was wrong with no Asgardians on the ship and so just teleported half of them along with a strong female and a rock person to lead them.

Last point, Thanos would not have allowed any escape pods to have gotten away. Escape pods would not outrun fighters. This is not Star Wars where the empire allows an escape pod to get to the surface of a planet with the plans. Thanos would have blasted the hell out of anything trying to leave that ship while searching for the stones.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
They should have taken 5 seconds to show the escape pods. I do not think the white flickering by the ship are escape pods. I think it is reflective debris. Since it was not shown, you could have just as easily assumed they were all killed. This point is made pretty strong with the bodies of the asgardians littering the deck they are walking on. Having to explain something outside of a movie to make the movie make sense, is the definition of a plot hole within a movie. I mean at that point I could just say that God Almighty "The very creator of the universe" felt sorry for the survivors and teleported them safely to earth. However God realized that Thanos might think something was wrong with no Asgardians on the ship and so just teleported half of them along with a strong female and a rock person to lead them.

Last point, Thanos would not have allowed any escape pods to have gotten away. Escape pods would not outrun fighters. This is not Star Wars where the empire allows an escape pod to get to the surface of a planet with the plans. Thanos would have blasted the hell out of anything trying to leave that ship while searching for the stones.
Ok, I guess it looked like I was defending a potential plot hole when I wasn't. I agree that with only what was shown on screen, you couldn't know one way or another (unless there is something I can't remember). I was just saying how we, as nerds, knew that they escaped. But yes, if it needs to be explained by the directors in an interview, it is a plot hole...OR...they wanted it to be uncertain, because just like you can't assume anyone escaped, you also can't assume nobody did. I'd lean more towards just plot hole like you said, but we aren't in their minds, so we can't ever know. Maybe there's even a blatant 30 second scene that clears it all up, and it got left on the cutting room floor. Or they just knew people escaped, and forgot to show it because they already knew it and didn't think about it.

• 1Like