Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I finally got around to watching this and I have just one question:

Why did a minor character with like 2 minutes of screen time warrant so much drama?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Why did a minor character with like 2 minutes of screen time warrant so much drama?

source.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

it was basically because of all the outside conversations. the movies themselves didn't really warrant any kind of drama. but brie and feige definitely built up captain marvel as being the savior of the MCU

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also Captain Marvel sucked and Brie is a toxic megacunt so there will be 'drama' following her around in any MCU appearance.

It sucks because I used to really like Carol Danvers and she legitimately is absurdly powerful in some of her recent incarnations, but Feige and Larson ruined her.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Also Captain Marvel sucked and Brie is a toxic megacunt so there will be 'drama' following her around in any MCU appearance.

It sucks because I used to really like Carol Danvers and she legitimately is absurdly powerful in some of her recent incarnations, but Feige and Larson ruined her.
What's your take on them not ruining her?

• 1Garbage

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
What's your take on them not ruining her?

I mean, even outside of the weird SJW shit...You knew they were going to write her poorly when they flat out said "she's the most powerful". As if her power equates to some special part of her. If the MCU taught anyone anything its that the most powerful characters can be the least useful or interesting. It just showed a myopic view of her, a really obtuse view that people generally OUTSIDE of comics have as a stereotype of comic nerds "Durr, if she's powerful it means she's good and they will like her!". In the comics though, Danvers got clowned really easily by Hulk and Thor, no problem. Hulk actually let her punch herself out hitting him before he laughed and knocked her out in a single punch. She's strong in the comics, but not nearly as strong as they are making her in the MCU. Which is weird, because in general, characters NORTH of iron man levels, have been toned DOWN, while characters south of Iron Man, have been beefed up some--to create a more homogeneous group. Which was a really wise move that has allowed the stories to be more cohesive and I'm baffled they broke it with Marvel. (Because if any "girl power" cast member is actually strongest it would be Scarlet Witch, who in the comics would pretty much rape everyone but King Thor and some versions of Dr Strange.)

Anyway, only chance they have of redeeming her is if they actually weaken her and make her genuinely struggle, and slowly regain her confidence/power. Make her depend on others for that process. Essentially do to her what they did to Spider Man the past two films. Starting her at the apex of her power was...a huge mistake and felt pretty obtuse, seemed like they only did it to shoe horn her into the finale so she could be the 'bridge' to the next Avengers (Which clearly was supposed to be Spider Man and Black Panther's roles), and they need to find a way to walk that back, and get her to grow on screen.

OR they can introduce the Xmen by having new Rogue suck the bitch's power out and just use Rogue as a stand in for her, with Rogue going through the above process of learning and growing because she doesn't know how to control the powers or whatever.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 7 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
^ I can't imagine buying the movies again, especially with Disney+ coming out.. but it's sad to see that. I mean it's extremely unlikely we will ever experience a run of 20+ related movies that are all pretty damn good, and tell a cohesive story, etc. It was a monumental, unprecedented, insane feat, and they pulled it off and it was FUCKING EXCELLENT. Damn...!!!!!!!!!

Inque

FunEmployed
I plan to buy it as soon as I can preorder it. Apparently it is a Best Buys only affair and so far it has not lit up for preorder.

I'm more interested in the packaging, every time they do these damn limited runs, the packaging always suffers. Discs scratch, fall out, destroying the paper slips to remove the discs etc.
Gonna pay a good chunk of change and you can't even guarantee the housing for each disc will be decent.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The fact the price has each movie at $20 plus a piece and there are no really cool collectibles for more than half the cost of that hot toys gauntlet is pants on head retarded.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched this last night on Disney Plus. I think I enjoyed it more than the first time I saw it in the theater. My 1st thought at the theater was I liked it but doubted it would be a second watch type of movie.

I was wrong. I enjoyed it more on rewatch. Knowing the story, I could concentrate on individual scenes versus keeping up with the story. I still disliked grrl power scene, but I think I disliked Ms Marvel less overall.

If you havent rewatched it, it's worth a second viewing.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I can’t rewatch it knowing Captain Affirmative Action is the last scene.

• 2Picard
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I can’t rewatch it knowing Captain Affirmative Action is the last scene.
Bucky is an assassin. It isnt like Steve could give it to him. If Falcon were another color it wouldn't matter to me. That character as written and portrayed in the MCU is the right choice.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Bucky is an assassin. It isnt like Steve could give it to him. If Falcon were another color it wouldn't matter to me. That character as written and portrayed in the MCU is the right choice.
Falcon is already a well established character. No reason to give it to him other than skin color.

• 2Picard
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Watched this while suffering meat sweats post-Texas de Brazil... Fuck this movie was long as fuck. Blade Runner was long, but it was great. I just kept checking my watch for this.

Was solid, but felt like a copy of Infinity War. Nothing special.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Seen an interview with Anthony Mackie where he was saying that the main focus of The Falcon and Winter Soldier is that Steve Rogers may have thought that Sam WIlson should be the next Captain America but the government doesnt agree.