evDahcw.png

Xcs8ipk.png

cLq6EdI.png

bWXiIv4.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Please find a comic with a bald pawn shopping thanos. He looks like shit from the trailer

• 1Barf

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Well he's always been bald.

287786-180756-thanos.jpg

I'm not sure how you translate him into film, he's always looked off.
thanos-color-changes-in-mcu-1061959-1280x0.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
He looks different now because they've opted to go the same route for Brolin as they did for Ruffalo with the Hulk; a more direct translation of the actors face to allow their expressiveness to show through. Eliminating the ridges above his upper lip probably makes that easier. If he truly is as much of the central character of A3 as they have been saying he is, I can see why they'd want to do that.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
It doesn't fucking matter you nerds, as long as it's a good movie. Nobody remembers the specifics of what he looked like in a minute max of scenes in Avengers 1, 2 and GotG.

Like nobody would care about Superman's CGI upper lip if the rest of the movie was amazing. Do you guys want another DC style CGI monster or something? They are clearly putting effort into making him look like a real character.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Don't worry, when we get more shots of Proxima Midnight the complaining will move on to her helmet being the wrong shape.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
thanos born bald
cFCk2Bu.jpg

also we were introduced to bald thanos, when we saw farm thanos at the end of infinity gauntlet
IMG_8145.png

also, he's supposed to be the bald darkseid copycat, but the better version.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
2015 he must be sporting a wicked space tan. Maybe he's been too close to a sun or something. To me, the 2017 just looks incomplete. I see a lot of Brolin coming through and maybe the CGI overlays and passthroughs haven't been completed. It ultimately doesn't matter. As long as it isn't Apocalypse bad, I can deal. That crap was blasphemy.

• 1Solidarity

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
The whole "making his face match the actor voicing him" thing has always bugged me. Thanos shouldn't have visible, human like eyes. Hoping he starts looking more like this once he completes the gauntlet:

17.jpg

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If you look closely as some of the stills from both Black Panther and Infinity War many of the Wakandans are wearing metal armor. I don't know if they suit up the rank and file in vibranium but they're not all just out there in animal skins.

At least they managed to find Bucky a gun. Captain Wakanda gets a pair of gauntlets and a stiff tent:

infinity-war18.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, I guess Rhody's spine is ok? Haha, fuck consequences!

If a fucking 15 year old can build magical goddamn webspinners out of junk he scavenged from dumpsters, I'm pretty sure Iron Man can arrange to fix someone's damaged spine.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If a fucking 15 year old can build magical goddamn webspinners out of junk he scavenged from dumpsters, I'm pretty sure Iron Man can arrange to fix someone's damaged spine.
They certainly didn't play Rhody's injury that way in Civil War. I'm not going to go back and watch it, but I seem to remember the implication was it's the wheelchair life for Rhody.

Injuries matter or they don't, can't have it both ways.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They certainly didn't play Rhody's injury that way in Civil War. I'm not going to go back and watch it, but I seem to remember the implication was it's the wheelchair life for Rhody.

Injuries matter or they don't, can't have it both ways.

He's already testing out a lower body exoskeleton at the end of the movie when Stan Lee has his cameo.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
He's already testing out a lower body exoskeleton at the end of the movie when Stan Lee has his cameo.
Shit, I must have missed that. Or didn't remember it. Or preferred to remember the better movie where these stupid heroes have consequences from combat.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shit, I must have missed that. Or didn't remember it. Or preferred to remember the better movie where these stupid heroes have consequences from combat.

You mean like how Stark has to have a magnet in his chest for the rest of his life to keep shrapnel from killing him?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If you listen at the beginning of Doctor Strange, when he's listening to cases in his car before running off the road, one of those cases is War Machine and he says, "Nah, that's too easy." So I'm assuming something happened there where he was "fixed" by someone else.