Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It is shocking how many theories on the last page have literally been refuted or debunked or at least talked about on the very same page or at most one or two prior.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Looked great, except the we wuz kangs saves the day charge at the end.

• 2Picard
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah, I actually love the idea of the untouched wakadans fighting a battle....if only they were just fucking dressed like a normal nation that has the greatest tech on the planet. Instead we get a fucking tribal war.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
what... you want them running around in battlemechs and plasma launchers? that would be entering fantastic 4 levels of character retcon.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It's not all that different from the Asgardians. How many centuries of 24/7 LARPing can one culture handle?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It's not all that different from the Asgardians. How many centuries of 24/7 LARPing can one culture handle?
Just like Aquaman and Wonder Woman's cultures. Super powers I guess negate the need for advanced weaponry? Nah, swords and bow and arrows are plenty advanced!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Captain American uses a shield. The technology of ancient civilizations... And these idiots are shitting up this thread with their "we wuz kangz" bullshit.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Captain America also isn’t wearing chain mail and a cod piece. He’s wearing modern clothes. Those people are wearing loin cloths, face paint and might as well have bones in their hair. Stop shittinnup the thread with your fan boy cock eating

• 2Picard
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Wakanda can put a man in space but dress like cavemen.

Yeah checks out

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Superhero costumes are modern?

So you want them to retcon all of Wakanda from the actual comics for you?

Okay bud.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf

j00t

Yeah, this is much less "cultures should be modern" and much more "I'm just racist"

• 2Like

Khane

"Hey guys, Gunnar from Glamour here with another episode of Super Style. The only place to get the latest trends, tips and tricks on being superhero chic. Today we're talking about Wakanda. Actually let's not. In a world full of super bods in super outfits the Wakandas decide "less is more". If only Marvel had thought the same thing about Wakanda. Next time the Avengers roll through town saving the day hopefully they'll look at our "inventor" friends and put the "sans" in comic sans.

Gunnars rating?"

giphy.gif

• 6Worf
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You gotta go deeper than that. Think about it like this:

The movie Wakandans resemble the comic Wakandans (well in a lot of source material, at least). Why would comic book artists have drawn a completely advanced civilization to look like proud tribal African warriors? And once you figure that out use that same answer to understand the recent question, why Hollywood would do the same thing in a major motion picture?

Spoiler alert: It's the same answer as to why the majority of black people are going to absolutely fucking love The Black Panther movie.

There's a middle ground between being naive as fuck and being racist, and I think a lot of you are missing it.

j00t

I'm perfectly okay with a xenophobic culture that is technologically advanced, but hides that technology to avoid global scrutiny. That is neither racist nor unbelievable. The Japanese did that up until the 19th century.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
Thanos looks bad. The bad kind of bad.

It's the first trailer. The CG is always unfinished in early trailers. They'll be refining him right to the last minute. There's no way they'll let a main CG character look like shit. He'll look just as good as Hulk did in Ragnarok, if not better

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's the first trailer. The CG is always unfinished in early trailers. They'll be refining him right to the last minute. There's no way they'll let a main CG character look like shit. He'll look just as good as Hulk did in Ragnarok, if not better

People said that Apocalypse and it didn't turn out to be true. Obviously not the same company, though.

I thought Hulk looked pretty good in the trailers, incidentally.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

See that's the thing though, it's just the first one the mass public has seen. The reason we didn't see any trailer for like 6 whole months after the one that aired at D23 in July was "we're polishing it, we want to make it perfect for the masses, blah blah blah". So if they really play the early trailer unfinished CG excuse i'm gonna cry bullshit.

j00t

Guys... Didn't they release the trailer specifically because it was leaked? So they just quick made one in order to get in front of it?

If that's the case, which I'm overly positive that it is, they are not releasing content based on their timescale, just what works. They PROBABLY had most of it done already, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of that was less than optimal. Marvel has earned enough from me to deserve that at least