Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't really expect any of the pre-snap deaths to be fixed, but that's just the two if I remember correctly. As much as I think Loki is one of the best, if not the best, characters in the MCU, I could see him being written out with his arc kind of ending as it did. Presumably anyone that got snapped can be unsnapped and I'm not sure why it would be only some unless for some contrived reason.

I really enjoyed this movie on first watch, going to give it a second go as well once the theaters quiet down. I think some of the action was... underwhelming? Especially compared to Avengers 1 and 2 and the Captain America movies. Probably a side effect of them going so big, the action got a little more abstract. But the banter was spot on and that's probably as important as anything in these movies, since even the bad MCU movies are fun to rewatch for the banter when you no longer care about how bad the plot is.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
So I went out and saw this a 2nd time tonight. While there, I recorded the last 30 minutes of the film (including credits). So... Here you go. You can download it if you want. Galaxy Note 8 takes a decent picture. Sorry that the railing was visible the entire video, but that's life. Also, as I was supporting it, the phone started facing down for a bit. When I caught that it did that, I made sure it stayed in a good spot for the rest of the video. Anyway, enjoy if you want.

fuck i didnt watch it and now the damn link doesnt work. i wasnt gonna sit there till the end ima lazy. repost please.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't really expect any of the pre-snap deaths to be fixed, but that's just the two if I remember correctly. As much as I think Loki is one of the best, if not the best, characters in the MCU, I could see him being written out with his arc kind of ending as it did. Presumably anyone that got snapped can be unsnapped and I'm not sure why it would be only some unless for some contrived reason.

I really enjoyed this movie on first watch, going to give it a second go as well once the theaters quiet down. I think some of the action was... underwhelming? Especially compared to Avengers 1 and 2 and the Captain America movies. Probably a side effect of them going so big, the action got a little more abstract. But the banter was spot on and that's probably as important as anything in these movies, since even the bad MCU movies are fun to rewatch for the banter when you no longer care about how bad the plot is.
Pre-Snap deaths are Loki, Vision, Gamora, Heimdall, The Collector (Implied but didn't show), possibly Shuri (BP's smart sister. She's removed from the action by Corvus Glaive) and that's about all.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Pre-Snap deaths are Loki, Vision, Gamora, Heimdall, The Collector (Implied but didn't show), possibly Shuri (BP's smart sister. She's removed from the action by Corvus Glaive) and that's about all.

The only one I expect to live out of those is Gamora, only because her death is linked to the Soul Stone. However, whoever gets the gauntlet could just bring everyone back no matter what.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think Shuri died pre-stones, they would have made a bigger deal of that, and Glaive was after Vision / Vision after Glaive. I forgot Vision's death is definitely pre-snap.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Isn't it obvious those with a sequel coming will live. Those that don't will be perma death or written off. Or they will pull off some parallel universe shot so their phase 4 will exist and let them reintroduce old characters with new personas. You know Jane Foster Thor and Agent Carter Captain America is coming :cool:

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The deal between Sony and Disney that allow for Spider-man to be used in the MCU is for 5 movies only, if they want to have more they'll need to renegotiate a new deal. Civil War, Avengers 3 and 4, Homecoming and it's sequel and that's it.

The Homecomings are Sony pictures and wouldn't be part of that. RDJ, Evans, etc. had separate contracts with Sony to appear in those.

It would put an interesting twist on whatever the Phase 4 mashup will be though (assuming Spidey is in enough of A4 to count).

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Isn't it obvious those with a sequel coming will live. Those that don't will be perma death or written off. Or they will pull off some parallel universe shot so their phase 4 will exist and let them reintroduce old characters with new personas. You know Jane Foster Thor and Agent Carter Captain America is coming :cool:

They can also write Hawkeye’s return in a big way. He could have a dead wife and kid. But Cpt Marvel is definitely their deus ex machina.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
The Homecomings are Sony pictures and wouldn't be part of that. RDJ, Evans, etc. had separate contracts with Sony to appear in those.

It would put an interesting twist on whatever the Phase 4 mashup will be though (assuming Spidey is in enough of A4 to count).

The real mashup should have been a big fat 4 and X right before Captain Marvel's star on Fury's 90s throwback beeper. Alas we can only dream.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Btw let me say that a Jane Foster Thor with Thor Odinson trying to lead the few remaining Asgardians would be a great movie. Unfortunately that would mean Natalie Portman would have to come back for consistency. Can we recast a blonde Jessica Chastain please?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Btw let me say that a Jane Foster Thor with Thor Odinson trying to lead the few remaining Asgardians would be a great movie. Unfortunately that would mean Natalie Portman would have to come back for consistency. Can we recast a blonde Jessica Chastain please?
Only need her to play cancer ward Foster. You'd cast someone more built to play Th♀r

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They can also write Hawkeye’s return in a big way. He could have a dead wife and kid. But Cpt Marvel is definitely their deus ex machina.
no family hawkeye, is best hawkeye
hawkeye-fingernails.jpg

Widow's%2BDeath.jpg

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
why isnt Hawkeye in these movies?

was he written out after Civil War movie because he didnt want to do MCU anymore? or was that his intended story arc the entire time?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
why isnt Hawkeye in these movies?

was he written out after Civil War movie because he didnt want to do MCU anymore? or was that his intended story arc the entire time?

Easiest character to write out probably. I mean they left out both of the characters with kids pretty much. He'll get more screen time in the next one, so no biggie. Hawkeye has been the red headed stepchild of the Avengers since the first movie.