Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I finally saw this yesterday, it was a Two Movie Father's Day!

I liked it and I think Thanos is not such a bad guy, he is just misunderstood...amirite?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I finally saw this yesterday, it was a Two Movie Father's Day!

I liked it and I think Thanos is not such a bad guy, he is just misunderstood...amirite?
OQQilfk.gif

• 2Like

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Thanos had the ability to murder anyone he wanted and he just left it all to chance. He's a goddamn saint.

I'd have started from a top 10 list at the least.

Brad2770

Thanos had the ability to murder anyone he wanted and he just left it all to chance. He's a goddamn saint.

I'd have started from a top 10 list at the least.

Do you apply lipstick when you edit this list?

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It wasn't left to chance. If it was, then Dr Strange wouldn't have been able to make the deal that saved stark, and there would have been a 50/50 chance that thanos killed himself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It wasn't left to chance. If it was, then Dr Strange wouldn't have been able to make the deal that saved stark, and there would have been a 50/50 chance that thanos killed himself.
That woulda been some shiiiit if he did disintegrate...

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought it was well done but I had an entirely different perspective: Hulk and Thor have ZERO idea of their true power.

Ragnarok and IW illustrated Thor perfectly. How many times does the kid need to be told he’s not the god of hammers? Yet he still needs StormBreaker. He survived the explosion of his ship. The vacuum of space. The direct beam from a Star. With Odin and Hela gone he’s an Allfather or at the least a sort of Cosmic God. You get the picture.

With the Hulk it’s even worse. As your book mentioned he needs to build up his power/rage. He had no chance to do that against Thanos. He got chain stunned and sulked. That’s the only way to beat the Hulk. It’s got to be a fast kill. I genuinely hope the next phase will include the Maestro.

We’ll see.

One thing I still don't understand about this film,

When that dude puts on the helmet full of liquid, why doesn't he drown? It's like he can breathe it in... but I'm sure he wasn't a mutant.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Don't see how either of those prove it wasn't left to chance.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It also could have been "chance except for these few choices" which is basically what it amounted to in the comics.

• 2Like

Jait

Molten Core Raider
This isn’t a D&D Wish spell where you ask for half the people to disappear and everyone loses their legs.

And the wielder of the gauntlet would be auto immune to the Command Word: Death

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
When that dude puts on the helmet full of liquid, why doesn't he drown? It's like he can breathe it in... but I'm sure he wasn't a mutant.

I missed this post before. Can't remember who you're talking about.

It also could have been "chance except for these few choices" which is basically what it amounted to in the comics.

That's what I figure. Just from a logistics standpoint you wouldn't be able to pick everyone out. But it wasn't completely left to chance. In addition to saving himself and tony, he probably purposely killed people like strange who had a realistic chance of undoing his work later.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
You guys may be onto something.

He killed all of Gamorras friends whereas when she was still alive he spared them. He never met Groot and Rocket who went 50/50. And only Stark and Nebula survived Titan.

Prior to this I thought it was strange the way he continually spared Nebula until they fought in IW and it was pretty clear he cares about her in he sadistic way a tyrant pushes his red headed youngest child. Brolin killed it as Thanos. Not getting enough credit as an actor.

• 2Like