Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Score one for the whole White Girls ain’t got no ass argument.

That’s a twofer Phoenix. Misogyny and racism.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I missed this post before. Can't remember who you're talking about.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
OK well that's from the abyss. So I'm not sure what you're asking.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
As long as they don't mess with established characters, i'm fine and could really care less. Hate when this stuff is news. I about freaked when Iceman was written to be gay. He's only been in the Marvel Universe for how long? 1963? If you want LGBTQ characters or whatever, then write them, create them, and offer them the respect of a little thought.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
The revelation is likely to provoke a measure of backlash from close-minded fans, but it’s being met with enthusiasm from other Marvel moviegoers who are eager to see the beloved films become more inclusive.

There is only backlash when a big deal is made about it, e.g. an entire article written about it. I try to not let my political and social views come out in public because frankly it's no one's business and no one gives two shits what I think... but, I don't care if someone is LGBQ, I don't care if they're on a TV show I like, I don't care if they're in movies I like. Some of my favorite people I've known in my life have been gay, and the way my son acts sometimes wouldn't surprise if he turns out gay. And that's fine! Just let this stuff happen naturally in movies and TV like it happens naturally in life and the majority of people won't care. But writing comments like the one I quoted is just begging for backlash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I read that one will be Valkyre, who will be revealed as bi, which I imagine the average comicbook movie fan will have no problem with lol

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Hasn't it already been hinted at that Captain Marvel will be bi? Or is that just my viewing of Comics & Diversity bleeding over into the movie world? That would fit Feige's "both" comment about if it was a new character or an old one, as Valkyrie we've seen and technically Danvers we haven't.

As Drakain said, I don't care one bit if they want to do things like that. Even if the original comic book characters weren't, to an extent anyway I guess. If they are introduced in the MCU as bi or gay or whatever, then go for it. BUT, don't make their entire fucking character about being bi/gay/etc. Make them a kickass comic book hero that just happens to like to go home and bump some fuzz or suck some dick, whatever. They are all PG-13 anyway so we aren't gonna see more than a kiss, so it doesn't matter. Granted, I don't necessarily want to see the new Doctor Doom turn evil as a result of Reed Richards no longer pounding his fudge because he realized Sue Storm was more his style, but you get my drift. If Doom is still motherfucking Doom, you can say he's fucking gay I guess, just don't make that his driving force. Doom's driving force is his desire to protect his people, no matter what the cost. So don't subvert that to push an agenda. That's all I ask.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I read that one will be Valkyre, who will be revealed as bi, which I imagine the average comicbook movie fan will have no problem with lol

Ragnarok showed her girlfriend dying for her. And how upset she was with Loki for seeing it. I suppose it could have been interpreted differently but even my kids got the gist...

I assume what Disney really means is there will be some PG gay stuff. Maybe even a hug! In 2047 when they remake it I hope they include a big Valkyrie Siaynoq scene.

• 1Seriously?

spronk

FPS noob
make them Omar, not Iceman

Infinity War is going to be moving out of a lot of theaters this weekend so if you wanna see it one last time today/tomorrow might be it. It should be hitting VODs though July 31st and 4k UHDs are out August 14th with Target and Best Buy having special collector steelbook versions

• 1Like

Maul

Dental Dammer
As long as they don't mess with established characters, i'm fine and could really care less. Hate when this stuff is news. I about freaked when Iceman was written to be gay. He's only been in the Marvel Universe for how long? 1963? If you want LGBTQ characters or whatever, then write them, create them, and offer them the respect of a little thought.
What the fuck, Iceman only seemed gay during the volleyball scene, he was a god damn hero other than that.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, maybe I missed it, but did the end of movie not show what happened to Bruce Banner? Or is he dead for real when Thanos phased him into that rock?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
So, maybe I missed it, but did the end of movie not show what happened to Bruce Banner? Or is he dead for real when Thanos phased him into that rock?
He's fine, bad CGI Ruffalo sitting in a headless Hulkbuster at the end.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Hasn't it already been hinted at that Captain Marvel will be bi? Or is that just my viewing of Comics & Diversity bleeding over into the movie world? That would fit Feige's "both" comment about if it was a new character or an old one, as Valkyrie we've seen and technically Danvers we haven't.

As Drakain said, I don't care one bit if they want to do things like that. Even if the original comic book characters weren't, to an extent anyway I guess. If they are introduced in the MCU as bi or gay or whatever, then go for it. BUT, don't make their entire fucking character about being bi/gay/etc. Make them a kickass comic book hero that just happens to like to go home and bump some fuzz or suck some dick, whatever. They are all PG-13 anyway so we aren't gonna see more than a kiss, so it doesn't matter. Granted, I don't necessarily want to see the new Doctor Doom turn evil as a result of Reed Richards no longer pounding his fudge because he realized Sue Storm was more his style, but you get my drift. If Doom is still motherfucking Doom, you can say he's fucking gay I guess, just don't make that his driving force. Doom's driving force is his desire to protect his people, no matter what the cost. So don't subvert that to push an agenda. That's all I ask.
make them Omar, not Iceman

Infinity War is going to be moving out of a lot of theaters this weekend so if you wanna see it one last time today/tomorrow might be it. It should be hitting VODs though July 31st and 4k UHDs are out August 14th with Target and Best Buy having special collector steelbook versions

Omar and the Deputy Ops in The Wire are two correct ways to write gay characters.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users