Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm not so sure that the MU movies will be worth watching by the time they get around to another big bad being the culmination of multiple movies. Combine Disney being Disney, losing a lot of the actors we've come to love, and a likely focus on less iconic heroes, and it might just not hold up.

That said, what I would like to see would be a big bad at the end of a short phase followed by a series MU movies including X-men stuff that leads into a big AvX crossover set as the payoff. The most interesting Marvel stuff for me has always been the inner conflicts among heroes, not the fights with the villains.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
new Hulk movie with Abomination as the big bad

The MCU Hulk movie introduced The Leader as a potential villain, so it would be cool to have Abomination and Leader team up against Hulk, sort of a brain and brawn pair to rival Banner and Hulk. Or introduce Red Hulk, they sure have hyped Thunderbolt as an asshole by now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, I'm very much aware of that. I'm just hoop dreaming. He would be such an incredible future villain that would really require EVERY Marvel entity to defeat.

Would be great for just X-Men, but a HUGE downgrade from Thanos as a big crossover villain. Both in power level and personality.

Beyonder is something they could have fun with and pretty much take in any direction they want.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The Beyonder would be a bit much I think. I mean unless you’re bringing in molocule man as well, there’s little room in believability that they are going to take down one of the most powerful beings in all of Marvel.

I mean above him who’s left? Really? Pretty much just The One Above All and since Molocule Man beat him, maybe him too? (Depends in who you talk to I guess once you get to that level it’s all opinionated debate)

I’d prefer to keep it a bit more grounded than that I guess, I mean yeah it’s a comic book movie but that would be getting into a scale that would be hard to put into film like they do now.

That’s why I’d like Doom I guess.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The Beyonder would be a bit much I think. I mean unless you’re bringing in molocule man as well, there’s little room in believability that they are going to take down one of the most powerful beings in all of Marvel.

I mean above him who’s left? Really? Pretty much just The One Above All and since Molocule Man beat him, maybe him too? (Depends in who you talk to I guess once you get to that level it’s all opinionated debate)

I’d prefer to keep it a bit more grounded than that I guess, I mean yeah it’s a comic book movie but that would be getting into a scale that would be hard to put into film like they do now.

That’s why I’d like Doom I guess.

Not sure what you mean by molecule man beating him, but he's also not someone you really "beat" in the traditional sense. He's more of a game player anyways. That's what I mean by taking in any direction. Hell, he even let Doom have his power for a little bit.

The problem with starting with the infinity gauntlet. It's hard to take a villain like Onslaught seriously after that.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It’s been a long time but I thought I remembered MM coming out on top with the Beyonder before.

And there’s peeps more powerful than Thanos. Again that’s another reason I like Doom, they aren’t just battling his power but Doom would outsmart all of them too.

Hell the next “Avengers” type movie could even be a secret wars, really.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
It’s been a long time but I thought I remembered MM coming out on top with the Beyonder before.

And there’s peeps more powerful than Thanos. Again that’s another reason I like Doom, they aren’t just battling his power but Doom would outsmart all of them too.

I honestly was literally thinking about The Beyonder last night when reading this thread talking about big villains, I just didn't post it up. He wouldn't be the best on-screen villian in my opinion and he's a bit OP too. But Secret Wars II was a wonderful story arc (my fav) and you're correct that Molecule Man bests him, but he doesn't kill The Beyonder, he just.... well... spoilers and all. It's pretty deep imo. The SWII wiki doesn't even touch how the story arc pans out... it's a great twist though.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Molecule Man went up against him multiple times, but was always more of a speed bump than an actual challenge. Only time you could say he beat him was when Beyonder wanted to see what it was like to live as a mortal and Owen killed him while he was a mortal infant baby.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm

Not sure the smarts thing would play much of a factor since it hasnt with Thanos, and depending on who you ask is smarter than Doom.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It could easily be a thing, they just play or right. Just because two beings are close to the same playing field in intelligence doesn’t mean one can have a better plan than the other.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
they've kind of tailed it back a bit, but i always loved the whole aspect with doom, that he's a dick through and through, but he might actually just be right. he's doing all these terrible things, but his own faith in himself and his plan is so strong that you wonder if he's ACTUALLY the real savior of the marvel universe

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dad just watched this and was shocked at the end. So awesome.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Dad just watched this and was shocked at the end. So awesome.

Yeah, one thing I will say is that seeing the reactions of people who didn't know the story beforehand was possibly the most entertaining part of this movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
I'll never forget it opening night in a packed theater with super fans, everyone was CHEERING when Thor shows up at the end in his lightning form and just throughout the movie lots of cheering and hollering and then the snap... and the entire audience goes DEAD SILENT for the next 2 minutes... creepiest shit ever.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, Chris Evans has filmed his last MCU movie, which is Avengers 4. We all speculate that he's going to die in that movie, which is why he's done.
Think that Thanos will take him out like The Mountain did Oberyn in GoT? Great ending!

• 1Like