Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Well, Chris Evans has filmed his last MCU movie, which is Avengers 4. We all speculate that he's going to die in that movie, which is why he's done.
Think that Thanos will take him out like The Mountain did Oberyn in GoT? Great ending!

Why would they kill any of these characters? Just recast and keep going. Nerds will be eating this shit up for decades.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Why would they kill any of these characters? Just recast and keep going. Nerds will be eating this shit up for decades.
Why? Too white, too male and too patriotic.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Why? Too white, too male and too patriotic.

Unfortunately this. And you will be able to see as to who picks up Cap's shield. Falcon or Winter Soldier. Since they have viable plot backing for both , I'm betting Falcon gets it.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Bucky Cap is a little too risque for Disney. Falcon Cap is far more family friendly and fits the progressive checkboxes

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Interview with Joe Russo saying Chris Evans is not done yet. He's kinda cryptic in his answer though. It could also just be misdirection, who knows.

I wouldn't be surprised that he's done with Captain America, but will remain in some form maybe as leader of shield, and have a smaller role or just cameos, something that will not require him to get into super-hero body which seems to be what he finds really though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't fault any of these actors who get tired of being ultra lean and cut to play their roles. Hugh Jackman wanting to step down as Wolverine, and subsequently reading up on his diet and workout regimen to stay in that kind of shape... fuck that noise! Makes me appreciate all the more how crazy it is for some of these actors and actresses to try and fit into the expected physique. I mean if you literally reach the point where having millions and millions of dollars thrown at you, guaranteed roles in blockbuster films, and huge die hard loyal fan base worshiping you, isn't worth it anymore, it says something.

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've been game for Bucky to take up the Shield for awhile now. Falcon has me all sorts of "meh" about it. It's a major downgrade imo, both in quality of character and the characters strength.

Falcon is neat, but he's just a normal dude with a cool jet back. Whoop-e.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

They'll have someone else pick up the Captain America shield, just like the comics.

• 2Like

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
bucky.jpg

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't fault any of these actors who get tired of being ultra lean and cut to play their roles. Hugh Jackman wanting to step down as Wolverine, and subsequently reading up on his diet and workout regimen to stay in that kind of shape... fuck that noise! Makes me appreciate all the more how crazy it is for some of these actors and actresses to try and fit into the expected physique. I mean if you literally reach the point where having millions and millions of dollars thrown at you, guaranteed roles in blockbuster films, and huge die hard loyal fan base worshiping you, isn't worth it anymore, it says something.
thats not diet, that is straight up hollywood rhoids

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Where can I buy a classic Dungeons and Dragons t-shirt like Mr. Russo is wearing in the video above???

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
I've been game for Bucky to take up the Shield for awhile now. Falcon has me all sorts of "meh" about it. It's a major downgrade imo, both in quality of character and the characters strength.

Falcon is neat, but he's just a normal dude with a cool jet back. Whoop-e.

I'm waiting for this franchise to go all SJW on us. They'll put Rebel Wilson as Captain America and Bucky will get a sex change operation.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm waiting for this franchise to go all SJW on us. They'll put Rebel Wilson as Captain America and Bucky will get a sex change operation.

I definitely have zero expectations once Cap Marvel and A4 hit. Everything beyond that loses 90% of MCU and Feige's street cred, IMO. There's just too much SJW momentum at this point; it's a testament to Feige that he's been able to curb most of it, but the ball started rolling with BP and that carried through to IW, Cap Marvel clearly has plenty, and I'm sure A4 will have a few facepalm worthy things like IW did (as much as I love re-watching this movie, I can't fucking STAND that scene of Shuri's patronizing "I'm sure you did your best" nonsense when talking about Vision).

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
chris evans has become a bit political about being cap, in that he never gives straightforward answers. he talked a bunch previously about preferring small indie films, and that signing on as cap was an extreme time commitment that he absolutely considered a bad thing. he also has gone on record as having some pretty heavy anxiety. he acts as a defense mechanism; being someone else. he can do a role, then disappear but marvel money means you cant do that anymore, people all over the world know him and follow him. for someone with anxiety, that kind of scrutiny can be pretty scary.

but then a few years back he just... became a pretty big company man. i wouldnt be surprised if he just disappears for a while after all his PR work is done

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
For me, Avengers 3 and the movies leading up to it were just a perfect ending to the MCU. I actually haven't rewatched it (I've seen the other movies multiple times) because I was utterly satisfied by it.

If Avengers 4 or anything after it is good then that's a bonus, I think we already won getting 20 solid films out of this.

If the SJWs make it bomb now, I don't really care too much. It'll just make more people hate SJWs.

• 4Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I barely even notice the SJW stuff people mention.

• 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I barely even notice the SJW stuff people mention.

Because people are mostly hysterical morons leaping at shadows. Not counting the start to finish abortion known as Black Panther, that 'with her' flash in the Captain Marvel trailer was the first SJWish thing that really jumped out at me in the MCU so far.

• 4Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Hulk - Black Widow thing in Avengers 2 also sticks out, but we may be biased after thinking it should immediately go the photoshop gif route.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Because people are mostly hysterical morons leaping at shadows. Not counting the start to finish abortion known as Black Panther, that 'with her' flash in the Captain Marvel trailer was the first SJWish thing that really jumped out at me in the MCU so far.

I think it's more that a lot of the morons that frequent certain sections of this forum have never felt any sort of actual, real companionship so the internet likes they get in the recesses of those cesspool threads invigorate them enough to come drop their idiotic opinions here and the rest of us have to suffer through it.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users