Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
metroid.jpg

I'm bored~

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Marvel should hire Cavill as Beta ray bill.
While I love Cavill, and I'm the resident Beta Ray Bill fag, I don't like that simply because BRB can be played by someone not quite so "photogenic." And while I think Cavill is a good actor, much better than most people give him credit for, you also want someone that is really good at conveying non-verbal cues and such, since his face would be completely CGI. Not saying Cavill can't do that too, but I would rather save him for a "simpler" character. Sort of related, that's why I was so bummed out that Michael Rosenbaum (Lex from Smallville) was playing Martinex in GotG2, because his strength lies in his facial expressions, and that was pretty much completely lost in the CGI.

To be totally honest, I'd love for Cavill to play Adam Warlock. Warlock is pretty angsty in the comics, and we've already seen that Cavill can play angsty Superman, and physically Warlock is yet another super-specimen, so he's got that covered too. He also flies, super strength, shoots stuff from his forehead (which would look exactly like using heat vision in terms of acting) if he has the soul gem, cape, all that. It would be a perfect transition for him, he'd hardly have to change a thing. Just spray paint him gold and change up his costume a little.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Metroid is more like Iron Man, except it's a chick in a suit.

EDIT: I fail and should be banned from the board as per wormie wormie

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
While I love Cavill, and I'm the resident Beta Ray Bill fag, I don't like that simply because BRB can be played by someone not quite so "photogenic." And while I think Cavill is a good actor, much better than most people give him credit for, you also want someone that is really good at conveying non-verbal cues and such, since his face would be completely CGI. Not saying Cavill can't do that too, but I would rather save him for a "simpler" character. Sort of related, that's why I was so bummed out that Michael Rosenbaum (Lex from Smallville) was playing Martinex in GotG2, because his strength lies in his facial expressions, and that was pretty much completely lost in the CGI.

To be totally honest, I'd love for Cavill to play Adam Warlock. Warlock is pretty angsty in the comics, and we've already seen that Cavill can play angsty Superman, and physically Warlock is yet another super-specimen, so he's got that covered too. He also flies, super strength, shoots stuff from his forehead (which would look exactly like using heat vision in terms of acting) if he has the soul gem, cape, all that. It would be a perfect transition for him, he'd hardly have to change a thing. Just spray paint him gold and change up his costume a little.
BRB played by the guy that did Golem's motion capturing?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
BRB played by the guy that did Golem's motion capturing?
Andy Serkis? Sure, I don't think anyone would complain about that. He's the easy choice, of course. But assuming you can't get him for every single CGI role, we'd have to think of someone else.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just read a headline calling for Cavill to be the sentry, not sure how you add the sentry to the MCU, he barely gets used in the comics because he is so overpowered.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Void Void 's Adam Warlock proposal is the best idea yet imo.

It's not quite as good, but I'd say he would make a better Cyclops than James Marsden did, whenever they get around to doing X-Men stuff.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Just read a headline calling for Cavill to be the sentry, not sure how you add the sentry to the MCU, he barely gets used in the comics because he is so overpowered.
Sentry is a horrible character, they'd just put him in "timeout mode" and have him stay in his room cuz he's agrophobic and he has to "keep the void in check"

a better fake supermanlike character is Hyperion

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
Sentry is a horrible character, they'd just put him in "timeout mode" and have him stay in his room cuz he's agrophobic and he has to "keep the void in check"

a better fake supermanlike character is Hyperion

TBH the only reason I know who all of these characters being discussed right now are is from playing Marvel Contest of Champions on mah phone

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My 3D bluray came in today from Amazon.co.uk

About time. Really annoys me that Amazon.com no longer sells 3D blurays, but at least .co.uk pulls through.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
My 3D bluray came in today from Amazon.co.uk

About time. Really annoys me that Amazon.com no longer sells 3D blurays, but at least .co.uk pulls through.

I figured people stopped wasting money on the 3d money grabs

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
have they ever filmed a movie in 360 degree for VR? that might be interesting if they could pull it off.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
have they ever filmed a movie in 360 degree for VR? that might be interesting if they could pull it off.

Yeah i was thinking either this or with how everything is going full CGI. somehow if they ever basically make VR movies where you can pick and choose the camera angle and move around as if playing a game would be an awesome tech. But 3d failed in the 80's and it's failed again (no surprises). An alternative I'd be ok with is augmented reality or something to nerd out with during action movies or something. But until they completely change the game for viewing a movie, there's no point to go beyond a basic screen.

• 1Like