Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Great trailer.

I am amazed how theyve taken a bunch of c-list comic book characters and turned it into not only the biggest superhero blockbuster movies ever, but also movies with genuine emotional impact.

April is so fucking far away.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Terial

Trakanon Raider
that's all i needed to see. Now the hard part, avoiding all the trailers and tv spot from here till movie release.
Since trailers give away so much now a days, i want to and need to see nothing else except the movie.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
that's all i needed to see. Now the hard part, avoiding all the trailers and tv spot from here till movie release.
Since trailers give away so much now a days, i want to and need to see nothing else except the movie.

Yeah, It's really hard to keep any interest in seeing a movie thanks to spolerish trailers, and the slurry of negativity and virtue signalling over every small element. It's like half the industry and its patrons have shifted to focusing on the meta aspects to the films, rather than the films themselves. I'm worn out on the movies long before I even get a chance to see it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, It's really hard to keep any interest in seeing a movie thanks to spolerish trailers, and the slurry of negativity and virtue signalling over every small element. It's like half the industry and its patrons have shifted to focusing on the meta aspects to the films, rather than the films themselves. I'm worn out on the movies long before I even get a chance to see it.
the movie studio doesnt give a fuck about spoiling movies, they spent money on those scenes and goddamit they want those in the trailer.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
the movie studio doesnt give a fuck about spoiling movies, they spent money on those scenes and goddamit they want those in the trailer.

The Red Letter Media guys talk a lot about scenes being tailormade for trailers, and it's hard to not notice this shit now. Studios seem to be in the trailer making business, with the movies just being filler added to it.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Maybe... because comics... but how does Tony Stark have a removed helmet with the nano tech suit? Doesnt it just kind of disappear back into the reactor in Infinity War?

Juvarisx

Florida
Or all that was left in the reactor before it gave out was to create a rudimentary helmet that could record

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I'm hoping, and this teaser reinforces it, that Marvel realizes that they don't need any spoilers to make this a must see. Are there really people out there that weren't planning on seeing this in the theater that would because of some flashy spoiler trailer. Hell, you could just mash up the ending of Infinity War with voice overs and you'd have a hype End Game spot. It will be interesting to see how much the end of Capt Marvel is End Game build up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
The Red Letter Media guys talk a lot about scenes being tailormade for trailers, and it's hard to not notice this shit now. Studios seem to be in the trailer making business, with the movies just being filler added to it.

Surely you've noticed over the past decade or more that upwards of half the shit you see in trailers doesn't actually make it into the movie as seen in the trailer, right?

So yes, technically they're making two concurrent productions. If done properly (like this one), it's pretty great, and I'm personally glad they're doing it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everything in that trailer looked to be first half or first third material. They've already shown they're willing to fake CGI to mask things so you can't even be sure if the movie version will have them shocked at Scott turning up or something else.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Lots of people guessed that title. At least one of the big Reddit "here's everything that's going to happen in the movie" posts said that would be the title, if I recall correctly. But now I don't want to go back and find it for fear that all the spoilers within are actually true.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Surely you've noticed over the past decade or more that upwards of half the shit you see in trailers doesn't actually make it into the movie as seen in the trailer, right?

So yes, technically they're making two concurrent productions. If done properly (like this one), it's pretty great, and I'm personally glad they're doing it.

No, because I don't really pay attention to the trailers. The few that I do is only to get the gist of what the movie is about. I've usually made my mind up about whether I'm going to watch it within the first 10 seconds. And even if I did memorize everything that happened in a trailer, I wouldn't go to the trouble of discerning what made it into the movie and what didn't.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That was great and glad there is some humor in there as well. This could have been a grim as fuck movie. Also this is gonna make such huge bank.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He got out at the end of the first ant man movie by putting one of those discs into his belt to grow large again, didn't he?

That is what I thought as well but the way he had such a desperate sound to his voice made me think that he did not bring that capability with him. He went with the vehicle shrinking him rather than the suit but you would think that a back-up plan would exist in case of emergency.

I am not sure I will see this movie. The preview was slow and non-revealing. I need a preview that tells me about the whole movie before I watch it.

Such an awesome preview. They could have just shown the name of the movie and still everybody is going to go watch this movie. In fact I would wager that if they did not show a preview, the same amount of people would go see this movie. This movie is going to set box office records that Star Wars could only dream of.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think this had to be the title. It more or less paid off the comments from Tony and Strange from previous movies. I like it. Sure, a bit obvious but you had to have that payoff even if it isn't really that big of a pay off. Makes me wonder just how long the RB's have been thinking about this movie. 22 movies (right?) is a long span to keep everything straight and work out to a huge payoff 10 years in the making. Kudos to them.