Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I really liked the trailer, BECAUSE it showed so little. Just a nice teaser, eh these guys are back, and that's really enough. I also liked how it ended on a light note, so hopefully the movie isn't a long list of action scenes and pity party dialogues.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
lately i've seen a surprising number of people (surprising in this case being ~4) say that they have not felt the desire to rewatch this movie since they first saw it, and/or can't see themselves rewatching it ever. and man, hard to wrap my head around that. i've rewatched it like 8 times, including seeing it a second time in the theater a week after premier.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
lately i've seen a surprising number of people (surprising in this case being ~4) say that they have not felt the desire to rewatch this movie since they first saw it, and/or can't see themselves rewatching it ever. and man, hard to wrap my head around that. i've rewatched it like 8 times, including seeing it a second time in the theater a week after premier.
I've watched it 3 times and it's still good but it's not rewatchable to me the way Winter Soldier, Ragnarok or GotG is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Watched it once and don't have any immediate impulse to rewatch it. I probably will just before I watch the 2nd one, but I'm good otherwise.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think any comic book movie could be as rewatchable as The Martian. If they did then that movie could be left in theaters and never put on home video.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've watched it 3 times and it's still good but it's not rewatchable to me the way Winter Soldier, Ragnarok or GotG is.

it's above CA:WS and GotG for me. Ragnarok probably still beats it on a rewatchability scale (even tho IW is better overall).

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
IW is more rewatchable for me than all of the above. Love everything about it. The tone, the good feels scenes, the bad feels scenes. The team vs. Thanos fight on Titan is also about my favorite from any superhero movie. This movie has everything. Ragnarok is very rewatchable too but I prefer IW. Endgame has a tall tall task trying to follow this up without disappointment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Hulk recreating this but with Thanos would be the best way to end it

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

It will never happen, but one can dream.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Do you take a few year break between the first 2 issues and the rest of the series? You know, to be authentic.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Just rewatched this... Honestly, this is probably my favorite movie ever. Absolutely my #1. It's just so fucking good. It's perfectly paced, there isn't a single dull moment in the entire movie. The CGI is incredible. The plot is great, it has an absolutely fantastic villain, and there's plenty of heart strings moments in it. We've all seen it, etc. It's just fucking fantastic. Amazing like the 21st movie in the whole series ends up being by far the best and most perfect one they did. Just near flawless.

Minor gripes: Vision really being weak the entire time, Hulk pussing out after Thanos whipped him (Mark Ruffalo is just a beta pussy.)

Love the end when Thor shows up, fucking amazing, I should get a painting made of that scene. And then he throws the axe, and you think for a second they win... and then the snap. Fuck!!!!

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
At least they kind of cover Vision being weak since he was attacked and stabbed by a magical spear so strong it can pierce vibranium.

hulk makes me sad. This is literally the end of hulk. We gets beat the fuck down before the opening credit and that’s the end of him. Hulk is gone and magically merged with banner in endgame and even then we don’t see him fight or be hulk.

truly, we see the permanent deaths of Vision, Loki and hulk

• 1Like

Brad2770

At least they kind of cover Vision being weak since he was attacked and stabbed by a magical spear so strong it can pierce vibranium.

hulk makes me sad. This is literally the end of hulk. We gets beat the fuck down before the opening credit and that’s the end of him. Hulk is gone and magically merged with banner in endgame and even then we don’t see him fight or be hulk.

truly, we see the permanent deaths of Vision, Loki and hulk

We have Captain Marvel though.

• 2Barf
  • 1Direct to DVD

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
They get what they deserve. It was time
For the OG avengers to move on. Cap abd Tony ran out their course. But instead of building strange, spidey, hell anyone up, they

-Neutered Hulk
-changed Thor from the God of Thunder to fat ass who abandons his thrones which he sought his whole life to elevate a black gay woman
Made the o my powerful character a resting bitch face character no one likes
- elevated Wanda tot he most powerful being in the universe
- pretended Black Panther is on par with Cap or stark, and now that the actor is dead, will double down on replacing him with a woman.
- the next phase is focused on an Asian man and Muslim woman who are literally D level characters on the comic.

marvel went too hard on the diversity train and is left with no viable stars.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They need to revert Hulk to "Hulk Smash" and do the OG Defenders. Dr. Strange, Hulk and Valkyrie. Namor doesn't exist yet and didnt hang out past the into. Load up the super-bad ass villains and let them fly. While I am not a fan of current Valkyrie, the drunken witty Valkyrie from Thor 3 would fit well with this trio.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
they just don’t know how to manage female characters.

black widow is super popular. Because they made her a complex character with a dark past who is a bad ass fighter with a little sarcastic charm that Scar Jo can pull off. Valkyrie was a bad ass drunk chick who was running from a past failure. They had purpose abd layers.
Then they just make Valkyrie “black bisexual”. CM is just “strong woman”. No character. No layers.

Thor 3 was literally a perfect movie. And then they can’t carry that momentum. Too many hands in the pot.
Even pepper Potts had an arc of being able to trust Tony, or live with a man who is addicted to being a hero and the danger that comes from it, and leaving him because he snoozes Iron Man over himself. Etc.

• 1Like