Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Maul

Dental Dammer
Spidey has a 3 film shelf life before the story turns to shit and they have to reboot it. MCU spidey 2 was mediocre at best. he isnt going to carry a franchise, neither is Captain Cheese. i guess we will see where this all leads, i'm just wondering out loud who they expect us boomers to get behind.
I'm quite interested to see what they do with something like Merlin, Captain Britain and Black Knight

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i'm just wondering out loud who they expect us boomers to get behind.

i dont think you're the intended audience anymore, boomer.

1613425216298.png

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
2nd and 3rd tier? Look to casual people like my wife. She knew cap and hulk and Ironman and Thor were big deals (I think she knew there from babysitters club). She couldn’t name a single Xman other than “the bald guy”.

spider man is the number one name in marvel tot he masses and they missed him. But let’s not pretend Cap, Hulk and Iron Man aren’t household names to anyone born in the last 50 years.

GOTG, Dr Strange, ant man and cap marvel are all no names to normal people

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
We had this discussion before, but Xmen and Spiderman were the top tier marvel IPs through the 80s and 90s and it wasn't even close. There's a reason that's what got sold off. X-men cartoon was their most popular one by a lot. Even more than the 500 different versions of Spiderman cartoons that they've done over the years.

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
We had this discussion before, but Xmen and Spiderman were the top tier marvel IPs through the 80s and 90s and it wasn't even close. There's a reason that's what got sold off. X-men cartoon was their most popular one by a lot. Even more than the 500 different versions of Spiderman cartoons that they've done over the years.

Yep, Xmen and Spiderman were pretty much the face of Marvel in 80s and 90s. They had games on SNES and Genesis every year, saturday morning cartoons, action figures, etc.

Nobody was making a Thor cartoon in 1990s because Thor was cringy as fuck like all avengers at the time

Avengers were just the embarassing B-list carryovers they were dragging along at the time.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just because Thor, Ironman, Captain America, hulk were household names doesn't mean anyone actually cared about them. Like, everybody knows who Nicolas cage is, but he's not making A list blockbuster movies.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Just because Thor, Ironman, Captain America, hulk were household names doesn't mean anyone actually cared about them. Like, everybody knows who Nicolas cage is, but he's not making A list blockbuster movies.

I read a couple of X-men comics as a kid but not really. I only had heard of Thor as a comic, I think, from the movie “Adventures in Babysitting”, and I knew he was the god of thunder. But knew nothing else about him. I can’t remember, but I think I thought iron man and magneto were the same person. I definitely knew about captain America and remember him from that great arcade game in the early 90s.

I couldn’t have cared less about comic book movies etc up until Iron Man 1. Marvel just did an amazing job.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
i dont think you're the intended audience anymore, boomer.

View attachment 335301
This is what Comic pros want to make because they are Woke SJW Propagandists. It's also why print comics are almost completely dead. No one buys this shit. If they make more recent comics into movies, no one will watch those, either. Superhero movies will end if they run out of classic comics to adapt and turn to post-2013ish comics for their storylines. They have been running hard on 60+ years of Best-in-class story arcs tweaked a little bit for a modern audience. If they try to plug in new stuff, they're going to fail. See Captain Marvel, which is really the forerunner of the new Woke Brigade.

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

1613429480101.png

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Sterling

El Presidente

View attachment 335304
They even ended up with a SF/Xmen crossover game.
xmenvstreetfighter_shopify_1000w_01_2048x.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
This is what Comic pros want to make because they are Woke SJW Propagandists. It's also why print comics are almost completely dead. No one buys this shit. If they make more recent comics into movies, no one will watch those, either. Superhero movies will end if they run out of classic comics to adapt and turn to post-2013ish comics for their storylines. They have been running hard on 60+ years of Best-in-class story arcs tweaked a little bit for a modern audience. If they try to plug in new stuff, they're going to fail. See Captain Marvel, which is really the forerunner of the new Woke Brigade.

Yep.

Im glad I got to see these characters (Avengers) done justice on film but I'm not particularly invested in MCU, I dont really care what they do with all this shit afterwards

One thing I do wish for is a more adult/grimdark/fantastical X-men films either on Mojoworld or fighting in future with Cable/Bishop, or going to other planets/dimensions etc. But I enjoyed almost 20 solid superhero films from them so I had my fill.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
View attachment 335620
View attachment 335621

Why!!!!!!???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
cuz crazy bitch gonna crazy bitch. I'm sure if asked she will have a pat explanation about some "demarginalised" group she is pandering to. "oh why did i cut my hair and make myself look like a bulldyke? well i am showing my support for lesbians with breast cancer. they need all the help they can get and i am happy to provide it."

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Or it could be cuz the movie she is filming right now she's a chick dying from cancer that probably lost her hair from chemo. This also wouldn't be the first time she did it. She shaved her head like 2 years ago as well.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Or it could be cuz the movie she is filming right now she's a chick dying from cancer that probably lost her hair from chemo. This also wouldn't be the first time she did it. She shaved her head like 2 years ago as well.
well i was half right.

• 1Great Review
  • 1Like