Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Maul

Dental Dammer
Black Widow was probably my favourite character from the whole MCU. Hulk is the biggest letdown.

Cap and Iron man are obviously amazing and irreplaceable. The rest I couldnt care less about now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
they just don’t know how to manage female characters.

black widow is super popular. Because they made her a complex character with a dark past who is a bad ass fighter with a little sarcastic charm that Scar Jo can pull off. Valkyrie was a bad ass drunk chick who was running from a past failure. They had purpose abd layers.
Then they just make Valkyrie “black bisexual”. CM is just “strong woman”. No character. No layers.

Thor 3 was literally a perfect movie. And then they can’t carry that momentum. Too many hands in the pot.
Even pepper Potts had an arc of being able to trust Tony, or live with a man who is addicted to being a hero and the danger that comes from it, and leaving him because he snoozes Iron Man over himself. Etc.

Sir, I agree with you completely. Love Black Widow and Valkyrie. But don’t you dare forget Nebula. To me she was the best female character in the series. Huge arc, goes from evil Thanos follower to Avenger. Every line she delivered was perfect and hilarious. “Your choices were him or a tree.” Gamora totally good too. Even Evangeline Lily was fine.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Black Widow was probably my favourite character from the whole MCU. Hulk is the biggest letdown.

Cap and Iron man are obviously amazing and irreplaceable. The rest I couldnt care less about now.

In rewatching, Cap and Iron Man are just the best casting choices ever. They are just fucking perfect. RDJr and CE were just phenomenal.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Sir, I agree with you completely. Love Black Widow and Valkyrie. But don’t you dare forget Nebula. To me she was the best female character in the series. Huge arc, goes from evil Thanos follower to Avenger. Every line she delivered was perfect and hilarious. “Your choices were him or a tree.” Gamora totally good too. Even Evangeline Lily was fine.
i guess i have to throw in my vote for the bug lady
tumblr_pi6tnqOP0P1wpamevo1_500.gifv

shes actually my favorite from v2 gotg comics from 10years ago

v3 and beyond have been pretty shit w/o her and w/ horrible writers that just use gotg as a vehicle to guest star other heroes (wtf is angel [feathers] doing in space)

Maul

Dental Dammer
I couldnt get over how badly Evangeline has aged from Kate in Lost, she used to be 10/10.

She done a good performance tho

• 2Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

see exactly.

Gamora is raised by a tyrant abd rebels for the greater good.

nebula hates her father but is evil from abuse and blames her sister for abandoning her to the pain and eventually turns it around.

effort.

shuri...is amazingly smart for some reason abd her brother is king. That’s it.

bald chick is bald abd loyal. Cool.

see how they drop on quality:

I have no doubt that Jane Foster as Thor is gonna blow cock and balls.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
i guess i have to throw in my vote for the bug lady
tumblr_pi6tnqOP0P1wpamevo1_500.gifv

shes actually my favorite from v2 gotg comics from 10years ago

v3 and beyond have been pretty shit w/o her and w/ horrible writers that just use gotg as a vehicle to guest star other heroes (wtf is angel [feathers] doing in space)

shes been limited in the films but I dig her “raised as a pet by god, so she’s naive and clueless to the world” Schtick. Was really hoping she would be a larger part in GoTG 3 with Gamorra dead but that was wiped out.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this is where i'm at as well. what options do we have left? build a 20 movie franchise around bendict cumberbatch? watch chicks in unsexy clothes fight and pretend to be men for 20 movies? bank on characters who have never been tested? like, why the fuck would they sink the Titanic like this?

• 1Garbage

Sevens

Log Wizard
this is where i'm at as well. what options do we have left? build a 20 movie franchise around bendict cumberbatch? watch chicks in unsexy clothes fight and pretend to be men for 20 movies? bank on characters who have never been tested? like, why the fuck would they sink the Titanic like this?
Whoa whoa whoa hold up there a second...All of the entire MCU was banked on characters who had never been tested. Iron man, Capt America Thor The Avengers are all 2nd and 3rd tier comic book characters that Marvel was FORCED to use because they sold all the rights to the A list characters to Fox and Sony. I mean the characters they had were literally what no one else would touch and yet we see what they have done. You could argue that those characters were at least well known, but GOTG? Dr Strange? Black Panther? Not at all, they were obscure 3rd tier characters. As worried as I am as to the woke direction the House of Mouse is taking I will still give Feige the benefit of the doubt that they can take these no body characters and tell some really fantastic stories.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

You have to put Rocket Racoon in that mix. That rodent is straight money in every scene he is in.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Whoa whoa whoa hold up there a second...All of the entire MCU was banked on characters who had never been tested. Iron man, Capt America Thor The Avengers are all 2nd and 3rd tier comic book characters that Marvel was FORCED to use because they sold all the rights to the A list characters to Fox and Sony. I mean the characters they had were literally what no one else would touch and yet we see what they have done. You could argue that those characters were at least well known, but GOTG? Dr Strange? Black Panther? Not at all, they were obscure 3rd tier characters. As worried as I am as to the woke direction the House of Mouse is taking I will still give Feige the benefit of the doubt that they can take these no body characters and tell some really fantastic stories.
this isnt true, The Hulk was an iconic tv show from the 70s and some of the 80s. the MCU fucking ruined Hulk and they failed to give him a good origin film, twice. Cap was pretty well known, even some TV movies. they tried to have a Thor character on TV, but it was shitted up.
Iron Man wasnt very well known, but people knew his suit. you forget all the kids back in the 70s watching TV shows and reading comics knew all this stuff. people like me are what made the MCU a thing and i'm saying i dont know whats left to look forward to.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
this isnt true, The Hulk was an iconic tv show from the 70s and some of the 80s. the MCU fucking ruined Hulk and they failed to give him a good origin film, twice. Cap was pretty well known, even some TV movies. they tried to have a Thor character on TV, but it was shitted up.
Iron Man wasnt very well known, but people knew his suit. you forget all the kids back in the 70s watching TV shows and reading comics knew all this stuff. people like me are what made the MCU a thing and i'm saying i dont know whats left to look forward to.
To be fair. The license deal keeping Hulk from more solo movies is a big hindrance to the character.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea ironman was iron-ically (no pun) my favorite character, even tho if you look at him from afar, he's the most anti asian character, with his origins steming from viet congers (like nazis to captain america), and "the chinese" always buying up stark industries or giving him a spine virus or his greatest nemesis is literally an asian dialect, the mandarin.

i remember when i read the infinity guantlet and,
main-qimg-ce2414931c621abacd2a8cf39ba2e36b

it took me a while to realize those are little squirts of blood, cuz she ripped off tonys head like jango fett.

• 1Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Amusing that she doesn't list Drax.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

is this a serious question?

those main characters (iron Man and cap) did like 8-9 films each to prop up the MCU, they've been doing it almost exclusively for over 10 years. they're DONE. those who were still worthwhile and wanted to stay on got folded into other films like Thor into GoTG

you can either recast them, which would pretty much ruin the MCU because 2 have essentially become their characters, or you move on to other properties and get another 10-15 years out of FF4, Xmen, Scarlet Witch, Spiderman, etc. and if people still give a shit about 25 years after it all began, then you can reboot Avengers, etc. all over for the new generation

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
is this a serious question?

those main characters (iron Man and cap) did like 8-9 films each to prop up the MCU, they've been doing it almost exclusively for over 10 years. they're DONE

you can either recast them, which would pretty much ruin the MCU because 2 have essentially become their characters, or you move on to other properties and get another 10-15 years out of FF4, Xmen, Scarlet Witch, Spiderman, etc. and if people still give a shit about 25 years after it all began, then you can reboot Avengers, etc. all over for the new generation
Spidey has a 3 film shelf life before the story turns to shit and they have to reboot it. MCU spidey 2 was mediocre at best. he isnt going to carry a franchise, neither is Captain Cheese. i guess we will see where this all leads, i'm just wondering out loud who they expect us boomers to get behind.

• 1Garbage

Maul

Dental Dammer
Actually I have done some characters a disservice, I really enjoyed AntMan as a character, Rocket as well obviously, Yondu was pretty awesome too.

• 1Solidarity