Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
When you're printing money at the rate Marvel is you can grant yourself a few indulgences.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Stones.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Ever have one of those moments where you just want to nerd out, and hash out some irrelevant to life details about something silly? Well, here you go...

In the new Avengers preview, Thanos is shown with the Purple (Power) and Blue (Space) stone. Which means he can punch planets and teleport. He knocks Iron Man tf out.

This is the order in which I'm guessing he will obtain the stones:

1) The purple stone (Power) isn't from Thor, it's from Guardians of the Galaxy (as posited in several videos). I'm guessing Thanos will take it from Nova Core. Probably fairly easily, considering Ronan almost single handedly overpowered Nova Core if not for the Guardians, and Ronan was just one of Thanos' peons. It's also the stone furthest from Earth (and first in the glove).

2) The blue (Space) stone is what was in the cube (tesseract). Which Loki now has from the end of Thor 3, and will apparently hand it over to Thanos (likely to protect the Asgardian crew, or himself let's be honest). It's also the second stone in the glove. In a cartoon, Thanos uses the space gem to teleport around and punch the Avengers in the back of the head.

3) The stone from Dark World is red (Reality), and they gave it to the Collector, who had his facility blown up by the Power gem. There was some leaked footage out of SDCC that showed Thanos showing up at the Collector's blown up facility looking for it. This should allow Thanos the ability to become superhuge, or maybe we'll get some more of that M.C. Esher stuff from Doctor Strange.

4) The yellow (Mind) stone was in the staff Loki used to mind control people before the Avengers took it. The stone was extracted from the staff and placed into Vision's head, which I'm assuming is going to be ripped from Vision (the weapon smacking his forehead in the preview). In the comics, Vision is literally ripped apart when Thanos pulls it from his body. I'm betting Thanos uses this stone to make groups fight amongst themselves. Again?

5) The green (Time) stone is in the Eye of Agamotto, which is held by Dr. Strange. Thanos will need the powers of the other stones to defeat Strange.

-The only stone we haven't seen yet is the soul stone, so we have no idea what color it is. If it were me, I'd make it white, or golden, since it's supposed to be tied to Adam Warlock, though I don't believe he gets the stone until *after* the Infinity Wars. Several sources say it's held by Heimdal, "I can see all of the souls of the nine realms," his orange/golden eyes, and Thor's vision of Heimdal's future shows him blind. This could all be subterfuge, however. I'm betting the stone will be housed by the Wakandans (because the brothers got souuuul glow #subtleracism).

Long story short, Thanos obtains stone from Nova Corp, runs into Loki and the Asgardians, takes the blue stone. If Heimdal has the soul stone, then the scene on the ship with Loki handing over the second stone would seem a little crowded. It's interesting they show him punching Iron Man before he gets the red stone. Of course, if he has the teleport stone, 3 and 4 can be reversed. Take Vision's stone to control the Collector's mind into giving him the reality stone. Then porting back to face Strange. Then the battle with the Wakandans. It would be amazing if they ended the movie with basically everyone dead like it was done in the comics. Though I don't like the idea of Nebula, his half-robot daughter, "fixing" things in the end. I didn't like her character in the movies...

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
The SD Comic Con trailer did not have Thor's eyepatch, it showed him without it, and the release trailer he has one. Is that them covering up a spoiler in the SDCC trailer so folks don't know Thor loses an eye? I don't know when SDCC one was released. If they edited a trailer to hide things, they might have edited the trailer to show a diff set of stones in the glove too. I'm reaching here but there you go.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm guessing the Soul Stone is with BP and is used to connect with those that have passed on or something to that degree. However, is it possible that the Soul Stone is being used to great Adam Warlock? We've seen Infinite Stone use to create or grant powers to other such as Scarlet Witch and Vision. Could this be how they are making their "perfect" specimen?

Check out his cocoon from the films. Looks like either energy sources could be holding a stone?

I haven't heard this idea but just thought that may be a way to bring him into the story.

adam-warlock-cocoon-featured-image.jpg

• 1Like

Royal

Between Marvel saying Adam Warlock won't appear until GotG3 and the fact that we haven't heard of anyone being cast in the role it really doesn't seem likely. We still don't know who Dinklage is playing yet but it's safe bet it won't be AW.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Between Marvel saying Adam Warlock won't appear until GotG3 and the fact that we haven't heard of anyone being cast in the role it really doesn't seem likely. We still don't know who Dinklage is playing yet but it's safe bet it won't be AW.

During a recent Q&A session on Facebook, James Gunn (the director of both Guardians of the Galaxy films) revealed that Warlock would not be appearing in the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War despite his introduction into the MCU. “Adam Warlock will not be in Infinity War,” Gunn stated, bluntly.”He will have a future in the MCU. But will it be in Infinity War? It will not.”

Adam Warlock will at best, be a post credit scene in A:IW, and is posited to be the villain in GotG3. Though I foresee Starlord saying, "Why you gotta be a dick all the time?" with Adam responding, "Yeah, I guess you're right." Instead of being the complex Warlock/Magus stuff.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I could definitely see the Magus and The Church of Universal Truth becoming the next phase big bad like Thanos. It might just be too weird for Marvel to attempt, but it would interesting and different.

The original Jim Starlin Warlock series is one of my favorite storyline of all time.

• 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I could definitely see the Magus and The Church of Universal Truth becoming the next phase big bad like Thanos. It might just be too weird for Marvel to attempt, but it would interesting and different.

The original Jim Starlin Warlock series is one of my favorite storyline of all time.

Speaking of which, I'm not really sure where they would be able to go after Thanos for a major Avengers film. They already did a secret war type spin with Winter Soldier and Hydra infiltrating SHIELD. Kang? MODOK? What rights do they have. Unfortunately not Galactus. Atlantean invaders with Namor? Or would that be too Justice League?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
What rights do they have
Possibly most of them if this deal with Fox holds up. Fox is selling their movie division and Disney is at the top of the buyers. It would still be 20th Century Fox, but under the Disney parent company like Lucasfilm, Marvel, Pixar, etc...

Royal

Speaking of which, I'm not really sure where they would be able to go after Thanos for a major Avengers film.

Do we assume Thanos dies by the end of A4 or would they go with him getting that little farm of his to contemplate the error of his ways for a while?

• 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Do we assume Thanos dies by the end of A4 or would they go with him getting that little farm of his to contemplate the error of his ways for a while?

Guess it depends on whether or not they hold fast to the concept of his immortality, since Death won't let him into her domain. Without the glove he's just an annoyance, but omnipresent, brooding, contemplating. His entire objective is to satisfy Death, so who knows. If they don't shatter the glove in this film, someone else could end up holding it - Adam Warlock notoriously. After "the shattering" the stones would be dispersed. Wasn't there originally going to be two parts to the Infinity War, then they scrapped that (because that always ends up badly)?

Royal

They're shooting it's sequel now, whatever they're going to end up calling it. It just seems like semantics to not call the two movies Parts 1 & 2.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
They're shooting it's sequel now, whatever they're going to end up calling it. It just seems like semantics to not call the two movies Parts 1 & 2.

Looking at the casting list on IMDB for part 2, Nebula is top cast listing, based on starmeter, which I have no fucking idea how she's ranked 40th, and the little shit kid from Iron Man 3 and Jurassic World is listed.

Tessa Thompson (Valkrie) and ScarJo are ranked 15 and 16 respectively in part 1, but neither are listed for part 2. They gon' permadie? Hrm...

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That is kinda spoilerish. I don't check billings for future movies and don't care about who's in what future movie and what that might mean. And while it's speculation it's still something I don't want to have to read which might ruin my surprise during viewing of the movie this thread is about.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
That is kinda spoilerish. I don't check billings for future movies and don't care about who's in what future movie and what that might mean. And while it's speculation it's still something I don't want to have to read which might ruin my surprise during viewing of the movie this thread is about.

Oh fuckin' cry about it. The listing is hardly complete for part 2 anyway.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm not that upset about it, I'm just saying it probably could use a spoiler tag. It's really not necessary to go sniffing around for info like that and then posting it for everyone to see how much of a sleuth you are.