Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Theories after watching the trailer a couple fo times...

Looks like Stark is holding a bloody hand... betting that is either Fury (this is why you have them taking turns reciting his line from A1) or this is Cap sacrificing himself to save them group in some way at the end of the movie. (upon further review those are just Stark's two hands. One is just bloody and dirty and the other isn't.)

As someone else had mentioned, he has two stone. Loki offering one then probably getting smacked for his past failures and siding with Thor at times and guessing Vision is going to die which is going to cause Scarlet Witch to flip out and possibly do something rash 1v1 against Thanos. Thinking this is where Cap jumps in to save her.

I'm going to go with Wakanda being the movies final battle and cliff hanger. I'm thinking the Soul Gem is there. I believe they are using it to speak to the kings of the past. I think this is what allows them to meditate, connect, or speak to the Black Panthers of the past. They seem really spiritual in that way. I'm going to say that Thanos gets all the gems by the end of the movie and then cut to black right after he wipes a bunch out and asking Hella if this pleases her (with her being the stand-in for Death in the comics.)

I read all the comics but i'm thinking this is going to go very Harry Potter-ish with a lot of people dying but maybe they are brought back by the end of the two movies but my gut is not many walk away from this whole thing. Outside of the major actors who will do small roles in other movies, all will probably bite the dust.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't know guys. I think JLA2 will probably be better. Right?

Seriously, holy shit, that was great. Didn't show much, but I can't wait until May. When do tickets go on sale? And yes, Imax 3D.

• 2Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
They should have left the part in with Thanos throwing the moon from the Comic Con trailer. That would have been just the kind of thing it needed for a little more spectacle and to sell the notion that a true bad ass has finally come to town. Not a bad trailer by any means though.

The tone was more serious than what we've grown accustomed to with Marvel's movies of late. Ragnarok and GotG2 are gonna end up being the lighter respites before the deep dive into the "oh fuck" end of the pool.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Ok so my hunch based on just the trailer, Prior movies up to Thor, and this trailer.

Movie opens with Thanos Attacking Thors ship. He beats them down, throws thor and hulk into space. Kills a bunch of peope. Loki gives him the Tesseract and he crushes it for blue stone. He goes to NoWhere and takes the purple stone from thor 2 fro mthe collector and pulls in the guardians who find thor in space. He has two stones and heads to Earth. On earth Hulk lands in NY and meets up with Tony and Strange after falling into Stranges house. Thanos Invades Earth. Stark, Strange, Hulk, Spiderman defend NY and get help from Vision and Scarlet. Vision gets killed and Yellow stone taken. 3 down. Thanos Army invades Wakanda for the 4th stone, you are probably right that its there. Cap and Bucky are stil in Wakanda and others come to help defend the city. Meanwhile Guardians show up to earth with Thor to help.

The last two stones, one is with Strange and one is with Nova corps, so Unless the guardians bring that one to try to use it against Thanos, I dont see how that one fits into this movie. And We know Dr Strange is planned for future movies, so we can assume he makes it out alive, but will he lose his stone? I wouldnt be shocked to see Thanos end the movie with only 4 stones at best. Which confuses me since 4 is a separate movie now instead of part 2. Maybe he clears out Earth and heads for Nova corps planet, and movie ends with some of our heroes dead and leaving with the Guardians to fight Thanos in space.

Still seems kind of silly that in an entire Universe, Earth had the Tesseract just hidden here, the Aether hidden here, and the Time stone in a amulet on earth. So 3 of the 6 on a planet of normals.

Royal

He did what? lol

In the Comic Con trailer he does this move where it looks like he "engages" the Infinity Gauntlet and reaches back behind himself and grabs the moon via something like telekinesis and hurls it at someone or something. It begins to break up as it enters the atmosphere.

edit: A pretty crappy version of it but it was all I could find that had managed to stay up.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Royal

He goes to NoWhere and takes the purple stone from thor 2 fro mthe collector and pulls in the guardians who find thor in space.

From the leaked scenes we know that the Guardians show up on NoWhere while Thanos is still there getting the stone from The Collector.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Looks fucking amazing. Captain America looks badass. Spidey sense, and spiderman suit looks great. Hulk Buster armor. I guess there will be a scene where they thaw Bucky or whatever happened to him (didn't they freeze him or some shit bc he was worried about the bad stuff he might do?) ... What's up with the scene where Scarlet Witch is kissing Paul Bettany, and has possibly a stone under his skin, but he's not in Vision costume?

I mean... there was a LOT of fan service in that trailer. Without giving away too many plot points that we already basically know. This could be an insane fucking movie... And I want to point out, they are 22 movies in, and this has been building up basically the whole time. Think about the pressure they have for this movie to be amazing. Imagine if the culmination of 22 movies was pure fucking shit! It won't be.

And Matt Lauer got fired today too - Christmas came early!

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bucky was cryo-whatever-frozen in Waukanda so it makes sense they'd wake him up if they needed backup since he's pretty damn useful even by their standards.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Lol at we wuz kangz bushmen. Thanos doesn't seem menacing, probably because he won't use his gauntlet to crush anyone's skull.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i doubt he'll get all the earth stones, i'd say 3 at best. The time stone *may* be the only thing that can stop him. We don't have Adam Warlock and his other foils so without using the stones against him at some point i don't see how any hero we've introduced will be able to take him on even as a group.

in the clip of him putting the stones in the gauntlet, he has mind and power? or is the purple one reality?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Adam Warlock exists but we haven't seen him in anything other than the stinger so far, with GotG and Thanos both in A:IW I would be surprised if we didn't get Warlock at least introduced, because the next GotG movie is way away and that would be the next logical place for him to pop in.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I think the directors stated that we wouldn't see warlock until Gotg3 but that could be old news.