Awesome Games Done Quick 2016 - 2019

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I have been counting the days for a couple months now haha. I love the GDQ events and they absolutely get better every year. Hopefully we'll see something as hype as that blind folded Super Punch Out run by Zallard at the last one. If you only ever watch one speed run this needs to be the one.

Yeah that was my favorite speed run last year.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Wish they were doing more FPS runs. Those are always my favorites. Looks like we just have Quake 2, Duke 3D, Blood and HL:OF this time around. I love the Doom speedruns.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Damn some of the tracks in this F-zero GX game seriously fuck with my eyes. There's no way I could play this game regularly.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Wish they were doing more FPS runs. Those are always my favorites. Looks like we just have Quake 2, Duke 3D, Blood and HL:OF this time around. I love the Doom speedruns.
^ can't wait for these
really not digging 1000 F-Zero games in a row though :\

Juvarisx

Florida
Some FPS runs are starting in 5-10, starts with Dark Forces 2 to Quake 2 to Duke Nukem 3D,

Szlia

PJ and MechaRichter are doing this odd game called Battleblock Theater with 2 devs in the room and the chat and banter is hilarious. Check it if you can.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I miss the old format they had tbh :/ 2012/2013 were the best. Zelda blocks, mario blocks, mega man blocks....

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
PJ and MechaRichter are doing this odd game called Battleblock Theater with 2 devs in the room and the chat and banter is hilarious. Check it if you can.
I am literally shitting myself with laughter. Literally. There is poop everywhere. They need to do get more devs on stream for games.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I miss the old format they had tbh :/ 2012/2013 were the best. Zelda blocks, mario blocks, mega man blocks....
Zelda + Mario block tomorrow night, sonic block wed afternoon, mega man wed night, more zelda + mario and some metroid on friday

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I am literally shitting myself with laughter. Literally. There is poop everywhere. They need to do get more devs on stream for games.
Last dev I managed to catch while watching was one of the guys that worked on Banjo Kazooie yesterday. Last year they had quite a few devs on stream while their game was played.

I don't recall any half as entertaining than this. Peeslosh...yeah I was really drunk that night.

Clockwork Orange lol. You can't unsee that now!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The Mask run with the dev was amazing. Not only did it look like a fun and overlooked game but it was super entertaining for the speed run.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"I was up late that night, plus i was drunk"

"every level you say, "you're supposed to do this, this and this, but instead we are going to break your carefully designed level, becuase you are bad dev, and missed all these bugs and exploits."

Second one was paraphrased.

They mentioned alien hominid and Synj at one point, is one of them him, or did they just say they were inspired by?

nevermind.. yeah googled. dan is synj. that explains alot haha. think he made that for/with eatpoo or sijun. dont remember which. alpha tested that though.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Also to be fair these guys find bugs/short cuts years and years after a game has been abandoned by the general population.