Awesome Games Done Quick 2016 - 2019

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Man say what you will (and what will always be said) about violence in modern games or media, but I swear the fact we didn't all grow up be murderers after trying to beat Battle Toads, Snake Rattle Roll, Marble Madness, etc... is incredible. Watching that kids play Mega Man video is just hilarious.

French restream is donating an extra $5000 if they get to 15k viewers. Less than 4k viewers to that goal. If you're watching and open an extra tab and mute to help reach the viewer count:Twitch

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah they're impressive. I prefer Ninja Gaiden ones a bit more since they're quicker though.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
DK Country 4 player race is coming up, should be hype. Probably not as hype as the 4-way Metroid race, but good.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I actually prefer watching the stream earlier in the morning and off-prime times because I like seeing this retarded niche games speed ran. Some are really cool to see played.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's interesting what is fun to watch vs play. For instance:

Morrowind - fun to play, soul-crushingly boring to watch the speedrun. It was basically 30 minutes of spastic twitching in a sea of brown.
Kazio Mario World - would never fucking try it because I would put the controller through the TV in 10 mins. Fun to watch the speedrun, though. Same for Boshy.
Zelda 2 - Not my favorite game to play, but the speedrun was fun to watch.
Super PunchOut - one of my all-time favorites to play & watch.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
It's interesting what is fun to watch vs play. For instance:

Morrowind - fun to play, soul-crushingly boring to watch the speedrun. It was basically 30 minutes of spastic twitching in a sea of brown.
Kazio Mario World - would never fucking try it because I would put the controller through the TV in 10 mins. Fun to watch the speedrun, though. Same for Boshy.
Zelda 2 - Not my favorite game to play, but the speedrun was fun to watch.
Super PunchOut - one of my all-time favorites to play & watch.
Some of the runners are a lot more interesting than the others or have a better sense what a non-runner might find interesting.

Caliane

yeah.

That one dude mocking and insulting the other runners is kindof amusing too.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
One thing that has seemed to be consistent the past couple years is that the Super Meat Boy, Boshy, etc... runners all seem to be super cynical and miserable sounding asses. Haha, probably a byproduct of trying to speed run those types of games.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
One thing that has seemed to be consistent the past couple years is that the Super Meat Boy, Boshy, etc... runners all seem to be super cynical and miserable sounding asses. Haha, probably a byproduct of trying to speed run those types of games.
The Boshy runner was cynical, but funny. Especially trolling his roommate with extra deaths after his roommate pledged $20/death.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
The Mega Man block coming up later tonight that should be great. Got a few good races coming up it looks like.