Awesome Games Done Quick 2016 - 2019

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That should be good. Best of these ive seen so far was fastest legit super metroid 4-way. Really any good game that is done legit is enjoyable.

On the other hand watching people abuse the hell out of a game like OoT to beat it in 5 minutes is not enjoyable and just puzzling. I dont whats worse; the notion you "beat" a game by abusing the engine/programming to high hell is retarded and not fun to watch or knowing ungodly amounts of autism went into finding the glitches that make beating OoT in 5 minutes possible. Like dudes probably spent years of their lives finding the right pixel to hit at the right second.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Starts in 15 minutes with a one handed run of Nier: Automata. The guy that runs it has done some impressive one handed runs at events past so it should be good. Shirts look pretty good this time around compared to AGDQ's offerings, kids picked out Nier, Okami, Metroid and Link's Awaking for this go round were they skipped out all together in January.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
how come they stopped the bonus streams they used to have a few years back? it was like getting a double agdq, and more relaxed atmosphere.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
how come they stopped the bonus streams they used to have a few years back? it was like getting a double agdq, and more relaxed atmosphere.

Probably because the entire thing is getting pretty sanatized and corporate feeling

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Triggered Tranny

qX5eZa3.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, apparently (s)he's going around and trying to get a bunch of emotes banned lol. How fucking pathetic and sad do you have to be to get triggered over twitch chat bullshit.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Man what little I've watched has been horrible. I'm told the European version that goes at the end of the month is what GDQ used to be like a few years ago before it went corporate/full pandering mode.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah they've drained the fun out of it and turned into a boring event, no small rooms without language filters anymore. It's a shitty internet telethon now with garfield levels of anti-humor and every new GDQ has someone bitching a fit.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
90% of the games I haven't heard of and when i tune in completely don't interest me. Old games are broke as fuck while new ones are overheating computers and dying mid run (yay Doom)

Literally the only race they've had so far was Defunct at some god awful AM time that was over in <19 minutes.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The worst was my son woke up at2am or some ungodly time so I tuned in and it was a 2 hour jetset run. Now that is fucking boring shit.

Doom was great minus blow up. Half life 1 was really good too.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The worst was my son woke up at2am or some ungodly time so I tuned in and it was a 2 hour jetset run. Now that is fucking boring shit.

Doom was great minus blow up. Half life 1 was really good too.

Holy shit that guy asking all those dumb ass questions trying to be funny.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Are they really 4 hours behind schedule?

I popped on to watch the other night and the out of bounds exploits are ruining some games. Yeah I guess it takes skill to get out of bounds but still. Holding out for some good Mega Man X races and the Super Metroid race. The Mario series relay could be interesting.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
missed the X race but thought X2 was really good.

And agreed on Half Life 1 last night being pretty cool. Missed HL2 though.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Mega Man block has been decent so far but Jesus Christ the announcer for this block and person in the picture above claims they are a girl? Has the majority of GDQ staff always been mentally damaged or is this a recent development? Never noticed before (outside the aspies) but now that it's been pointed out to me I kind of can't help but notice it everywhere.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The people seem to be going more and more off the deep end every year, for sure. Not sure if they were always like that, but every event it seems to get worse.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
At this point zelda speed runs need to be trimmed to the ones that can be done in under 2hrs, 4 fucking hrs for twilight princess is not a speedrun its filler while windwaker is even worse. Haven't paid attention to really any donations but are 80% of them still people's family that all seemedto have died last year from cancer like some phenomenon?

• 1Solidarity