Awesome Games Done Quick 2016 - 2019

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Szlia

As I write this post, PJ's run of Actraiser 2 is about to begin. A must watch for sure. Note he will play on hard, not on the totally insane glitched difficulty level that he has been routing and running the last few months (aka difficulty 202, a mode of just about everything instakills the player).

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I played the first ActRaiser yet never even realized they made a sequel. Instead of a simple VoD thread they need a listing of which runs have a good couch play-by-play caller with some back and forth when things don't go as planned, cause that's what makes these runs.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
As I write this post, PJ's run of Actraiser 2 is about to begin. A must watch for sure. Note he will play on hard, not on the totally insane glitched difficulty level that he has been routing and running the last few months (aka difficulty 202, a mode of just about everything instakills the player).
PJ is one of the speedrunners that is always enjoyable to watch. I'll have to catch a VOD. I picked up.actraiser 2 at a flea market for $1 back in the day and loved it

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
PJ is always good. The only downside of his Actraiser 2 run was Blechy narrating the -entire- thing. I don't mind Blechy, his knowledge is obviously a benefit. But he needs to pace himself or find the most beneficial times to drop his commentary.

Most of the runs I've been able to see have had a pretty tolerable couch / runner. Seem to be a lot of back and forth with jokes and levity. Plus this year I'm trying to catch new games for me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is puwexil running anything or commentating? I'll need to cross those off my list of watching. He sounds like a fucking mongoloid

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Welp, Splatoon douche probably isn't getting an invite back. But it was pretty LUL. Guy has been insufferable overall though.

"He's no one, he doesn't matter, he's adopted..." Heh, referring to a random enemy in game.

*Edit: it just went downhill from there. Can't wait to see a comp video tomorrow.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
Welp, Splatoon douche probably isn't getting an invite back. But it was pretty LUL. Guy has been insufferable overall though.

"He's no one, he doesn't matter, he's adopted..." Heh, referring to a random enemy in game.

*Edit: it just went downhill from there. Can't wait to see a comp video tomorrow.

His lack of a filter was hilarious, but those kind of jokes don't fly these days

edit: oh jesus I forgot how bad the voice acting in RE1 was

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Some of the hosts look like they have not showered in days, the audience looks like it would smell like a mixture of stale body odour, fresh body odour, and shit.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It feels like if the game had a cheat code to directly win the game and play the final cutscene, they'd make the speed run record whoever entered the cheat code and then cancelled the cutscene the fastest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
just wait until all speedruns are this:

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is eerily close to what I just suggested..

I really wanna see the War3 RoC Orc Campaign Speedrun. But... every time I open the stream, the couch behind the player gets worse

hpGkhM4.png

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Question for those who keep up with this community a lot more than I do:

Why do a significant number of speed runners use the Japanese version of games? So far, GoW2 and Resident Evil have both used Japanese version of the runs I've seen.