Awesome Games Done Quick 2016 - 2019

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd rather watch YSG than all the fuckin aspies and try hard that think they're hilarious. At least he owns what he is.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
So I'm wondering who is going to get kicked out of this GDQ and for what. This year at SGDQ some shitheel was kicked out because after he got boo'd he joked he was going to come back and shoot the place up. The GDQ before that I believe someone got drunk and harassed a chic or something?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If they want to prevent cancer they should shut down twitch chat because I opened it up and now I'm terminal

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Sorry, I've dropped my bag of DoritosT? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
That was beautiful. Mario Kart's Rainbow Road is my all-time favorite MK course with my favorite music track. It just never got better than that. I felt like a teen again watching these guys cut corners. To have one error cost you your comfortable lead and lead you to lose by a millisecond is the kind of shit you couldn't script if you wanted to. Great stuff.

Of course, theywouldstart this event the day before work starts again...

SMK4.png

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Can't believe they're gonna do Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?

That game is BRUTAL, not even so much because it's difficult (although it's certainly difficult), but because you are constantly,constantlyrapidly hammering away at your attack button. It's a battle of attrition. I'd love to watch the run, but I'm not staying up until 4:22 to check it out.

945_Prin4.jpg

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I missed the beginning of Mario Kart and don't understand why they had two other players just sitting there every race.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
The main reason was because during the Rainbow Road level, playing 2 players replaces the regular 4 Thwomps with 2 Thwomps, allowing a gap to consistently drive through instead of risking smashing into a Thwomp. I missed the beginning too, but I would imagine there are advantages to pulling out a character so you can't get hit by their character-specific weapon (Peach drops a mushroom that shrinks you, slows you down, and allows you to be run over by opponents at a huge time loss, for instance). Plus, it's one less opponent to worry about, right?

Simas_sl

shitlord
Yeah, there was some other trick too where they had to quit out on the second player at a certain time to save five seconds or so. It cut off parts of the win animations. I'm not sure if that was to make it faster than single player, or just a way to cut time when using two player.

Tenks

They said many of the reasons:

1) 1 less AI to fuck with you
2) You can counter-pick good anti-run toons [they called out Peach because she can mushroom you]
3) Less map effects
4) You can quit as the second player to shave 5s off the win

Tenks

I feel like they could make a ton more money if they had a static "XYZ @ $XXX" on the screen for top donator

Tenks

I want to know the story behind the two semi-normal looking girls in the front row who are not interacting with anyone else

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
A latest donations thing would probably be more... tasteful? Not sure what the right word is. It makes it more competitive and less in the spirit of giving? This is all just me bullshitting really. But a scrolling latest donation would kind of cool. But then that'd really show the frequency of them coming in, which you'd think would be pretty good since it moves at a decent clip during the popular games. I was considering doing another $1k+ donation this year but since I've been out of a job for the last 3 months not sure it is a good idea right now, was also going to bring back up the idea of a rr.org donation but that'd require someone trustworthy to pool the money and then submit. And lets be honest it'd also give somewhat a positive name to Draegan and what he's got going. And no one wants that.