B / low budget movies that should have a modern remake.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
There was a live action movie from the early 80’s that I liked better than Krull, but I can’t remember the name. I think the name was Dragon Lance, but I keep getting a result of either D&D stuff or the 80’s cartoon. It was a pheasant kid that ends up forging a lance and killing a dragon and it’s babies. From what I remember, it didn’t seem low budget (the dragons looked pretty awesome), but I could be wrong. I think it deserves to be in here as well.

Dragonslayer. The guy from Porkies and Ally McBeal was the hero. Denis Muren did the stop motion effects work.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

I've watched Wrath of the Dragon God, it was awesome. Even had a teleport mishap! Didn't know there was a third one, I'll have to track that down.

Same, other than they castrated dhamadar or whatever- as he was the most halariously good part of the first.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I remember watching this gem over and over as a kid:

Even had Molly Ringwald, Ernie Hudson, and Michael Ironside in it.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

I've watched Wrath of the Dragon God, it was awesome. Even had a teleport mishap! Didn't know there was a third one, I'll have to track that down.
yeah, the two SyFY channel sequels, "Wrath of the Dragon god" and "book of Vile Darkness" are actually pretty solid.
Its actually the same creators as the Wayans movie, which is crazy.

They are both low budget made for tv B movies through and through. But they are coherent, and are on point D&D.

Some of you guys are making terrible suggestions. Killer clowns from outerspace. What the heck makes you think anyone could make a better version of that? that was a bunch of SFX guys, deciding to make their own 50's B movie with 1980 effects. you can't top that. Today would be a total CGI shitfest.
Ice pirates, Dragonslayer, etc.. no fucking way..

Look at the Conan reboot. that had the Rock and still kindof sucked.

The BAD sword and sorcery movies. Absolutely. you are spot on with that. We need some kickass manly men, womenly women heavy nudity Deathstalker sword and sorcery movies with the DnD resurgence.

wrath of the dragon god, and book of vile darkness also are perfect examples of what could be remake. Think "IT". decent made for TV mini-series with shitty FX.
That is perfect for a hollywood remake, from a skilled director.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Look at the Conan reboot. that had the Rock and still kindof sucked.
Conan would have been vastly better than that pile of shit if The Rock were in it. You're mistaking Jason Momoa for him, which should be punishable by death.

The Sword and the Sorcerer needs to be remade better. Fucking Matt Houston as a sword-wielding hero bitches!

EDIT: Oh, and I had completely forgotten how much baby batter I sprayed for Tanya Roberts back in the day. Jesus Christ she was so hot. Aside from just having a ridiculous body, her eyes always put her over the top in terms of hotness to me. I watched her "PG" movies OVER AND OVER AND OVER. My parents never even knew there was nudity, thanks to having a VCR in my room!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

kroenen

Regimen Morum
How about this masterpiece with a stellar cast of Christopher Plummer, David hasselhoff and Caroline Munro. Music by John Barry who did all the old Bond soundtracks. What could possibly go wrong ;)

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

Conan would have been vastly better than that pile of shit if The Rock were in it. You're mistaking Jason Momoa for him, which should be punishable by death.

The Sword and the Sorcerer needs to be remade better. Fucking Matt Houston as a sword-wielding hero bitches!

EDIT: Oh, and I had completely forgotten how much baby batter I sprayed for Tanya Roberts back in the day. Jesus Christ she was so hot. Aside from just having a ridiculous body, her eyes always put her over the top in terms of hotness to me. I watched her "PG" movies OVER AND OVER AND OVER. My parents never even knew there was nudity, thanks to having a VCR in my room!
lol. oh shit you're right.
Rock was in Hercules.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Time Guardian with Carrie Fisher.
I think it had a great premise but a poor execution.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Man, I watched that movie so often as I kid, it was one of my favorite. Tanya Roberts was so hot, especially in her full frontal nudity part in the PG Sheena(the movie sucked but that scene was legend when you're 15 in the 80's). :)

I'm still convinced at least 85% of the people you see who have ferrets as pets, did so because they saw these movies as a kid. :)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I'm still convinced at least 85% of the people you see who have ferrets as pets, did so because they saw these movies as a kid. :)

I agree, we had ferrets at one point because my wife wanted them. Then we discovered the Beastmaster television show, it had replaced Highlamder the Series as my before work show.

Kodo and Podo were the stars of the show as far as we were concerned.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only people who want ferrets as pets are people who've never had to live with ferrets.

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The only people who want ferrets as pets are people who've never had to live with ferrets.
Truth.
I had an albino ferret. Little fucker was a demon spawn. As evil as the day is long. He took much amusement from biting any toe or finger that happened to be hanging off the couch.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Fun discussion time - what movie from years past that was maybe a B-Movie or low budget flick that would actually make a good/fun etc. Modern movie if given a decent budget... not necessarily huge blockbuster stuff etc.

I'll start with Deathstalker :)

Deathstalker 2 was better. :p

Need a reboot of Hawk the Slayer as well.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

I just saw Tourist Trap recently on Shudder.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Deathstalker 2 was "funny" and better because it was a rougeish womanizer and had fun - the first was "serious" - 3 was... well, it can only be found on MST3K now- and 4 was the real continuation of 1.

Yes I know too much about the Deathstalker series. Also, let's play a game, how many movies use Deathstalker footage as stock footage?!!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Deathstalker 2 was "funny" and better because it was a rougeish womanizer and had fun - the first was "serious" - 3 was... well, it can only be found on MST3K now- and 4 was the real continuation of 1.

Yes I know too much about the Deathstalker series. Also, let's play a game, how many movies use Deathstalker footage as stock footage?!!

I have a copy of Deathstalker 3 on my pc and it is apparently the only Deathstalker movie that doesn't use footage from the first. (I googled it)

I know Wizards of the Lost Kingdom 1 and 2 did, probably a few other Corman Swords and Sorcery movies.

• 1Like