Back 4 Blood

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Janx

<Silver Donator>
anyone played this? have it installed on xbox (gamepass) but i heard you can only play coop (with matchmaking), there is no way to play solo
Can play solo and it will fill with bots. Get screwed solo apparently because you cant earn achievements and some other things.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm playing a little. Hard to get a feel for it on day 1 because everyone is so retarded.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So far my beefs are

A) the awful xbox kiddy voice chat community

B) constant lag/rubber banding

C) overly chaotic, disorganized gameplay. Which seems like a weird thing to say about a horde survival game, but they're constantly having you defend positions where zombies are coming from every direction. In Deep Rock you can create your own defensive positions, in WWZ you're usually defending chokes, and in VT2 you can move to a choke if you need it. Fights in B4B have just been an insane clusterfuck even on recruit where I'm trying to get a feel for the maps. I can't imagine trying to play on either of the higher difficulties with friendly fire on.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lirik seemed to like WWZ better, and he was just ok with this game. It says a lot to me because he's a shooter player at heart.

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
My friends and I are playing through the campaign and having a lot of fun. I’d give it a solid B+ as long as you’re playing with friends. I imagine the entertainment value drops significantly without friends to play with.

I agree with the comment above about the makers playing it safe. I will say the full game feels better than the beta. More polished for sure.

Also, melee is where it’s at.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
anyone played this? have it installed on xbox (gamepass) but i heard you can only play coop (with matchmaking), there is no way to play solo
I've played it a little while and the tutorial and first few missions I was doing solo. You just get slotted with "bots" that sure suck, but not entirely useless. Not sure if that's because it couldn't find anyone to play with, or some other setting though.

Cybsled

Ya, the article brings up good points. Stats on guns make it too confusing, and the deck system has too much min-max stat shit going on.

If they wanted to keep decks, they should just dump all the incremental stat shit and just make meaningful upgrades like “trash zombies can’t slow you” or the one that turns bash into a 1 hit knife.

Stats on guns is dumb. Higher tier should always be better - I shouldn’t be keeping my green bolt action because the blue gun has a worse rate of fire or headshot multiplier

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Honestly my biggest gripe for this game is the artificially high difficulty, a difficulty made by shitty bots.

In L4D, you get pinned down, and the bot will drop what it's doing to come save you.

In B4B, I play with one human partner and two bots. I can't tell you how many fucking times the bots will follow my partner and leave me stranded. Like you couldn't program the bots to divide? One bot covers one human?

Most egregious example was when my friend was rushing and I turn around and see a Walker Bot was pinned down by a hawker way behind us. I run back to free it. The Hawker then pins me down. I expect the bot to help me. I turn the camera and watch the bot SPRINTING away from me to catch up to my friend.

This game is extremely unforgiving if you get separated, far more than L4D ever was. and again, mostly because of bad bot AI

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Game is apparently full of fairly complex hidden mechanics too judging from what I've seen in a couple YT vids.

Might be repeating myself but the genre left the devs behind.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
This guy is right on the money

I honestly dont regret paying full price for this game, but I do feel if I had never bought the game, I wouldn't be missing anything.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should be a wakeup to just make L4D3 and let us play as the 4 biker band members from the Midnight Riders.

Goddamn, slaughtering zombies during the concert finale with the music blaring on that map was just......*kiss* mwwahhh.

So many little things in the music, and just epic they created these songs for it. "If those zombies wanna fight they know where to find me, with their lady in the bathroom stall"

Sad when fictional biker band is better than most bands in 2021 lul

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Smelled like woke with a bunch of weird systems tbh
Is it woke? Never played it. But in that case I have an idea for the name of an expansion: Men can bleed too.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They suckered people in with that 'L4Ds original creators' bullshit when the number of former L4D devs actually working at Turtle Rock is probably in the single digits.

Cybsled

It wasn't "woke", it was just bland and convoluted

1) The card system, while nice on paper, just translated into a confusing experience early on. You gave players lots of choices with little practical input and your character felt gimped with bad choices
2) The gun had a loot rarity/attachment system during gameplay, but again lots of choices /w little input. Higher loot rarity didn't always mean better because of the attachment RNG, which added to the confusion
3) The game tried too hard to replicate the L4D banter, so it felt forced and you never really felt that attached to anyone. Furthermore, they gave everyone different abilities or starting stuff, so you would be forced to play a character you may not have liked much if it correlated with your play style. In L4D 1, you usually just picked whatever character you liked because you liked the character, not because they had +2 to melee or whatever.

• 1Like