Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The difference between pre-order and wait and see.

source.gif

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
SJW retard working on the game. Just a heads-up, but never encouraging. If you have no clue what any of those tweets mean, I can't really catch you up on the GamerGate thread here.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
SJW retard working on the game. Just a heads-up, but never encouraging. If you have no clue what any of those tweets mean, I can't really catch you up on the GamerGate thread here.

That much is obvious. The question is what did this specific one do/say

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Well OS2 had minimal if any SJW nonsense if that helps.

Rime

<Donor>
They worked on OS2.

---

Reminds me a great deal of the Abolethic Sovereignty event in 4th edition, the only good thing to have come out of it.

Crazy people worship eldritch beings, provide a way for giant fish-squid monsters to rise up, take over a large part of Faerun. Would make more sense for the Illithids to do so, hope it follows the general idea of it.

Either way, I am erect.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Dragonlance wouldn't work all that great due to it lacking a well-built world. Its strength was just its characters.

Dark Sun would be sweet, but it has some pretty hefty setting issues that might make for poor gameplay.
DS Could work well in a fallout 4 model

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The spellplague thing happened in that book series I read based on Szass Tam in Thay. I had no idea what was going on. The books just sort of assumed you knew what was happening.

Illithid are also big in the chaos planes and big enemies of the Gith. The Zerthimon circle talks about them alot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
Spellplague and the time-skip were the big event to change 3.0/3.5 over to 4.0. Basically, Cyric/Shar decided to assassinate Mystra (Seriously, she dies constantly and it is never good) so they could take over as the Gods of Magic. It caused all magic to collapse/go fucky. Shar tried to recreate the 'Weave' (Think of it as an Ozone layer that allows/controls magic) and had to use Shadow+Far Realm (Cthulhu world) magic to prop it up.

Insane stuff happened. Plagues, people spontaneously gaining powers/vanishing, etc. It went over with fans of the Realms like a turd-flavored cake. Most of it was over/done with by around 1395 DR, when magic 'stabilized' (This is the 'start' point of 4th edition). There were hotspots, known as 'plaguelands' where magic was still all over the place. 1479 DR is when most of the gameplay for 4th edition is set.

Almost all of the changes were fully reverted in 1480 DR, when Mystra was resurrected (again) and restored magic to it's proper state. (This is around when 5th edition is set)

The first Baldur's Gate game is set around 1368 DR. Current (table top) modules are set around 1484-1489.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Fascinating. Cyric and Mystra are old friends. I read the novels on them from the old time of troubles. Sounds like they did a time of troubles x10.

Rime

<Donor>
The 'Realms' are still in a sort of daze. Most of the old favorites are gone/dead/depowered, due to the time skip.

They have dialed some of this back, by bringing most of the Drizzt crew back via magical shenanigan, but many of the loose threads are never going to be resolved (Magical rite that turned 'good' aligned Dark Elves 'black/brown' - rather than purple/blue - so they could come to the surface, Asmodeus and the whole casting out of the Chaotic fiends, Erevus Cale, etc.)

It also hurts that they discontinued all of the Forgotten Realm novels, save for the Drizzt series.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Trailer was pretty much perfect. Had the same feel of the old trailers while also showing something that was not only grounded in Baldur's Gate lore, but is super exciting. There's a bunch of different directions they could take a BG3 game and illithid is the most ambitious and the most interesting. Cthulu-type lore in games is way less common than it should be.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I was never much a fan of the Forgotten Realms setting. It always seemed like such a mishmash of pretty bland Fantasy stuff all thrown into one setting in order to fit being the "main" D&D setting. It just doesn't really feel like it has a strong identity compared to the other settings which are much more focused.

• 1Like