• 2Cringe
  • 2Worf
  • 2Pathetic
Reactions: 8 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I'm looking through items in the BG3 wiki and this is crazy

If you go full edgelord in https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Investigate+the+Murders you can get access to https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Bhaalist+Armour which gives you aura of murder

Aura Of Murder: Enemies within 2m become Vulnerable to Piercing damage, unless they are Resistant or ltnmune to it.

which makes this one of the strongest items in the game since there are so few ways to introduce vulnerability (4 including the Illithid power and making people wet or chilled?) . Is it worth killing the weird elephant creature? I dunno. You find this bow so late in the game, the game is trivial by that point anyway. Would still be interesting to have a high-mobility tank wear this thing, murder aura a mob, then have a couple hasted archers drop artillery on them. I imagine there are other builds that rely on ridiculous random + damage sources that would eclipse that damage.

What's cool about Valeria is that she plays the trope of the dimwitted investigator you see in every kids movie that downplays the very obvious problems so the kids feel justified in solving it. This makes her character kinda dopey, but then her journal at the very end of her quest line reveals that she just had to scram from the hells because she gave a fuck when it wasn't her turn to give a fuck (tm, the wire). This doesn't totally excuse her for ignoring the issue, but does color her character in a surprising way that most players probably won't see because it's obscured in a book very late in the game

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah and going through it blind the first time was kinda annoying. The grymforge was the most notorious. I go through hell to forge my mithril, fighting this ridiculous golem and go take a nap before going to save the druegar and what greets me but a bunch of dead deep gnomes. That's a big reason why I slept as little as possible. It'd be kinda lorebreaking to have something in the game tell you when you can and can't sleep without fucking up your plot, but I wouldn't have minded it.
I also tried to rest only when absolutely needed. Using 3 short rests per long rest and even not using spell recovery on Gale half the time (cause I would forget until combat started). With a 3 caster party it defiantly nerfed my damage output, even though Battle Master Lae'zel was just pouncing from fool to fool taking heads. Her running out of Superiority Dice was my sign to short rest.

I was reading about something unrelated, and came across a post from early access saying that there was a whole bunch of story points/background tied to Long Rests, so I am kind of curious if I missed a bunch of stuff by limiting them so much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Does this have a requirement to be online or can you play in steam offline mode?

...edit seems if you disable launcher should work np

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Does this have a requirement to be online or can you play in steam offline mode?

...edit seems if you disable launcher should work np
Yeah I dug up the BG3 executable and ran it directly each time. No Steam, Larian Launcher or whatever.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Still here? Great! Withers has heard tales of Tavs, having requested the presence of their friends for an afternoon of adventuring, wanting to return to the lifestyle of a solo adventurer without their friends in tow. Therefore, he has come up with a solution. Introducing Withers’ Wardrobe of Wayward Friends! With this woodworked wonder, you can now dismiss co-op party members and bring your companions back into the fold. Withers’ solution only extends to custom Tavs, however - so no throwing Gale into a cupboard (although we’re sure it’s comfy in there).

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Fixed
Ansur's Stormheart Nova
blasting right through the ice shields you can hide behind

I knew that shit was bugged. I beat ansur kinda easy but was surprised when he did his blast and did so much damage despite me being protected.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Still here? Great! Withers has heard tales of Tavs, having requested the presence of their friends for an afternoon of adventuring, wanting to return to the lifestyle of a solo adventurer without their friends in tow. Therefore, he has come up with a solution. Introducing Withers’ Wardrobe of Wayward Friends! With this woodworked wonder, you can now dismiss co-op party members and bring your companions back into the fold. Withers’ solution only extends to custom Tavs, however - so no throwing Gale into a cupboard (although we’re sure it’s comfy in there).
Great looking patch. Its nice to know they are adding and fixing a majority of problems, or lack of content, in Chapter 3 - but they cursed it with the hints at "We have more content and fixes coming!" - almost as if you should wait on patch 3 if you're a one play through and done kind of person like myself. Or at least thats the vibe I get starting from the very beginning in paragraph 3 talking about Karlach.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I'm looking through items in the BG3 wiki and this is crazy

If you go full edgelord in https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Investigate+the+Murders you can get access to https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Bhaalist+Armour which gives you aura of murder

which makes this one of the strongest items in the game since there are so few ways to introduce vulnerability (4 including the Illithid power and making people wet or chilled?) . Is it worth killing the weird elephant creature? I dunno. You find this bow so late in the game, the game is trivial by that point anyway. Would still be interesting to have a high-mobility tank wear this thing, murder aura a mob, then have a couple hasted archers drop artillery on them. I imagine there are other builds that rely on ridiculous random + damage sources that would eclipse that damage.

What's cool about Valeria is that she plays the trope of the dimwitted investigator you see in every kids movie that downplays the very obvious problems so the kids feel justified in solving it. This makes her character kinda dopey, but then her journal at the very end of her quest line reveals that she just had to scram from the hells because she gave a fuck when it wasn't her turn to give a fuck (tm, the wire). This doesn't totally excuse her for ignoring the issue, but does color her character in a surprising way that most players probably won't see because it's obscured in a book very late in the game
SO there is that one cloak, Cloak of Cunning Brume, for your rogue that is supposed to be sold by that kid in the druid grove which tried to rip you off in act 1? But both my playthroughs she is not at the last light inn in act 2. IDK what the fuck im doing wrong in act 1 but she is just not there. The cloak creates a foggy cloud with a 2-meter radius around the character wearing it as soon as the character disengages from combat. Putting the enemies in disadvantage for one turn. And you know what disadvantage+rogue mean.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Great looking patch. Its nice to know they are adding and fixing a majority of problems, or lack of content, in Chapter 3 - but they cursed it with the hints at "We have more content and fixes coming!" - almost as if you should wait on patch 3 if you're a one play through and done kind of person like myself. Or at least thats the vibe I get starting from the very beginning in paragraph 3 talking about Karlach.

Ill come back in 2-4 months , should be plenty of patches by then and more mods. Then do another play through with a completely different MC build and different companions.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Those notes look more like one of the previous hotfixes than the monstrosity that was patch 1.

Cybsled

It'd be kinda lorebreaking to have something in the game tell you when you can and can't sleep without fucking up your plot, but I wouldn't have minded it

The game sort of does tell you. The example you gave, the guy on your first long rest telepathically tells you he can’t last much longer and talking to any companions will have dialogue like “we need to help this dude”. If you long rest a 2nd time, he dies because you took too long.

Afaik the only other really time sensitive things are in act 3 involve captured people where they will get executed if you take too long

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The game sort of does tell you. The example you gave, the guy on your first long rest telepathically tells you he can’t last much longer and talking to any companions will have dialogue like “we need to help this dude”. If you long rest a 2nd time, he dies because you took too long.

Afaik the only other really time sensitive things are in act 3 involve captured people where they will get executed if you take too long
When the user docs evolve enough to enumerate all the ways that resting or going to camps can break quests, I'll be really interested to see it. The one time i experienced it in grymforge with zero warning was really surprising.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When the user docs evolve enough to enumerate all the ways that resting or going to camps can break quests, I'll be really interested to see it. The one time i experienced it in grymforge with zero warning was really surprising.

I mean to be honest there is a warning, its just a matter of remembering it or reading it. The guy tells you in the worm whisper stuff you have a timer and it is stated in the quest text that you can't long rest.

I honestly just didn't pay attetion and was more worried about getting spell slots back and they all got gassed for me. Which I was fine with, I used the vial later in act3 to blow shit up. Next play through I can hope I remember, to see if anything becomes of the gnomes later on.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I got screwed at the grymforge as well "saving the gnomes". It was a tough fight my first playthrough, tons of archers plinking away so when I was done with the fight I went to rest right away, not sure if there were going to be any more fights. And I did not speak to the gnomes like I should have right away. Because when I came back they were all gone and I did not find them for the rest of the game.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I mean to be honest there is a warning, its just a matter of remembering it or reading it. The guy tells you in the worm whisper stuff you have a timer and it is stated in the quest text that you can't long rest.

I honestly just didn't pay attetion and was more worried about getting spell slots back and they all got gassed for me. Which I was fine with, I used the vial later in act3 to blow shit up. Next play through I can hope I remember, to see if anything becomes of the gnomes later on.
The only gnome that I think matters is the dude you save from the goblins early on on the windmill. Later you save him again from the prison at the tower in act 2. Then in act 3 he gives you another option of blowing up the mech place using that supercharged powder they smuggle from the grymforge when he builds a bomb from it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only gnome that I think matters is the dude you save from the goblins early on on the windmill. Later you save him again from the prison at the tower in act 2. Then in act 3 he gives you another option of blowing up the mech place using that supercharged powder they smuggle from the grymforge when he builds a bomb from it.
Damn. That gnome, I hit the wrong button on the windmill machine to turn it off and he was launched to orbit and I assume died. Good to know though for next time!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah and going through it blind the first time was kinda annoying. The grymforge was the most notorious. I go through hell to forge my mithril, fighting this ridiculous golem and go take a nap before going to save the druegar and what greets me but a bunch of dead deep gnomes. That's a big reason why I slept as little as possible. It'd be kinda lorebreaking to have something in the game tell you when you can and can't sleep without fucking up your plot, but I wouldn't have minded it.
I wondered about this, I think I caught a glimpse of the building on fire as I was walking around looking for waypoints and didn't come back to it till later. Shit had burned down by then.

Edit:
Damn. That gnome, I hit the wrong button on the windmill machine to turn it off and he was launched to orbit and I assume died. Good to know though for next time! This made me laugh and my kids were like "Whats wrong with dad?". I did the same thing like "Huh, brake lever or break lever?", woooooosh

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You mean my actions led to their deaths? I found a big pile of dead Gnomes but honeslt I"ve been space barring the story, a lot.

"

• 1Picard