Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

velk

Trakanon Raider
5e bards are basically Sorcerers, but better. not buff bots, of older dnd/pathfinder.
they have arguably better spells then sorcs, better healing then clerics. at least mid combat. and pretty good with a sword too. song of rest, countercharm, bardic inspiration...
cutting word/healing word are stupid good.

They are also one of the highest dps of the all the classes IIRC, mostly because of the ability that lets them learn any other classes spells - smite and endless quiver being particularly broken examples.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It was a buggy mess though.
yup, you had to download the community patch to make it playable. I think that was the first game I ever downloaded a community patch for.

Yeah, the Circle of Eight community kept that game going way past its expiration date with additional modules and further fixes. Back before 4th edition came out there was talk of an official digital tabletop that never came to be. Players have been wanting a proper digital DnD forever but it never happens.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the Circle of Eight community kept that game going way past its expiration date with additional modules and further fixes. Back before 4th edition came out there was talk of an official digital tabletop that never came to be. Players have been wanting a proper digital DnD forever but it never happens.
I'm sure WoTC will will make a proper digital DnD eventually. People never expected them to finally get a digital MTG product correct.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
they've said they are very interested in mod support and campaign editors, but their current focus is finishing the game itself. probably won't see campaign editor till after EA

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm sure WoTC will will make a proper digital DnD eventually. People never expected them to finally get a digital MTG product correct.
DDO really scratched that itch for me for a few years. They really need a DDO 2 or something.

Caliane

Man the one like 10 years ago (or was it 15)was really freaking good. Wouldn't mind seeing an updated version.
2003 apparently. I thought it was more recent too..

I have it on GoG. which man, reminds me I have several games on there I never went back and tried...
pretty sure I installed ToEE at one point, but never actually went and played it.

Also mount and blade... I knew I had a copy of it somewhere... couldnt figure it out at the time. I wonder if I could have used it to get that 10% of bannerlord..

Also, unrelated. D: os2 had a GM mode and campaign editor.. I dont know anyone that used it though.
So, it makes sense this will have one too... But, its alot of work.. yet, real hit or miss on if the public jumps on them.

I'm pretty sure its the minecraft, terraria, vs landmark problem. The more robust and powerful your map editor is, the less people use the damn thing, becuase its just TOO powerful, and archaic to use. The beauty of like Warcraft 3/starcraft map makers were the thing was damn simple really.

Last edited:

Cybsled

I used to love the Build editor for Duke Nukem 3D. You could swap between CAD view and in-game view easily. You'd set the events/special functions/room layout in CAD view, then in in-game view, you would manually adjust heights and textures and what have you. I miss the maps I made in that game. I remember uploading a couple to a local BBS and the kids at school didn't believe I had made them lol

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm totally killing the faggy elf vampire first chance I get.

• 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I look forward to replacing all those origin characters with custom mercenaries at the earliest opportunity.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also, unrelated. D: os2 had a GM mode and campaign editor.. I dont know anyone that used it though.
So, it makes sense this will have one too... But, its alot of work.. yet, real hit or miss on if the public jumps on them.
I actually took the time to learn the map editor and GM function for D:OS2. It was actually pretty powerful and I created some cool stuff. The issue was that they only provided a really bare bones tutorials about how to use it so it took forever to learn. There were some things I never figured out how to do.

As someone who really enjoys the world-building thing in these type of games, I agree with you- it's both a lot of work and very hit and miss. No one has really ever done a map editor/GM mode right in one of these games (as far as I know). NWN came the closest.

it would be cool to see one for this game, but I imagine it will definitely be a back burner thing that they aren't going to put a ton of effort into. They haven't even completed the actual game yet.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
vampire rogue guy

I haven't killed him yet ... but.... oh I'm gonna with my sacred ranger

• 1Edgelord

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I wonder if Larian will adjust fall damage. Not really a fan of these types of tactics.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
They just need to adjust weights/strength and shit.

Pussy warlock/sorcerer shouldn't be able to shove a 2 ton minotaur at all without some kind of major crit or something.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

yeah, that doesnt seem right. 1d6 for every 10ft, max of 20d6. so 120 should be the MAX fall damage.
and that fall only looked like 60-70 ft in the first place, tops.

Minotaurs have 6int. so would fall for that easy enough. although, not sure how the hell they won a str check vs a minotaur for a push.
18str
Also, shove is 5ft, not 20ft.

non-combat combat is a thing in pnp dnd. and something the crpgs have always had a hard time with. the problem is the map doesn't change, so any non-combat solution you come up with, will always be the same easy win, everyone can do. so, in pnp its thinking outside the box. in crpg, its the correct solution.

another issue, is the AI will never use these tactics on players.

Also, looking at the vid.. in game, "shoving an unsuspecting target always succeeds." and "up to 4m". well 4m is a heck of alot more then 5ft. and invis shoving always succeeding is certainly very op.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
I look forward to replacing all those origin characters with custom mercenaries at the earliest opportunity.

So since I am talking about this, something must not be quite right with my PC, when I do the linked trick my FPS plummets to around 1 after about 2 minutes and then crash but when I play the same profile on my work PC it works just fine. No idea what the problem is.