Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Excited to see it at PAX though. Its the sort of game that will likely be hard to get 'right' in terms of a balance between classic players and modern sensibilities.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I am trying to be cautiously optimistic, but admit to getting chills thinking about it :D

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I forget if they said it's going to be a real time with pause our turn-based or option of both though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I forget if they said it's going to be a real time with pause our turn-based or option of both though.
They haven't said iirc, they haven't really said much of anything other than tentaclebois. I would assume it's real time, but Divinity were turn based so they might change it? I don't know how much people would care if it wasn't rtwp or if people really liked that system. I know it was every big RPG of that period of time using real time but I also feel the system wasn't really that interesting and it felt kinda forced because "turn based is old news look at our infinity engine" or some shit.

Rime

<Donor>
I have come to vastly prefer turn based compared to real time with pause.

I guess I am just older and my reflexes are a bit slower.

The Baldur's Gate games also had very interesting AI options, that I remember. Being able to set them to cast certain spells on certain conditions and whatnot. Most modern ones lack that sort of party AI. (Looking at you, Pathfinder: Kingmaker)

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Can’t help it. Baldurs Gate will always do that to me.

1582127290943.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm a big fan. I played all the games and expansions forever and still do from time to time. I'm not sold on the storyline as of yet. I don't know much about it, may be great once it gets more filled out.

Let's just say hopefull. So much stuff has been redone, added to and such lately that sucks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, I love Baldur's Gate a ton but for as much as I love it , I dont think anything will ever top my love that I had for this.

1582151776490.png

• 6Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Speaking of Baldur's Gate. Saw that Funko just released a Minsc and Boo figure with their new D&D series.
POP-Games-Dungeons-and-Dragons-Minsc-and-Boo

• 8Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users