Tranny Chaser
Chaotic Good Halfling Paladin of Yondalla

whenwillthegov.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
Was playing last night with my wife. Lvl 1 Wiz (me) and Lvl 1 Ranger (her). We got to the room with I think that elf chick in the prologue that is trapped in a pod. She was trying to figure out how to open the pod. I found a Brain Cyst or something on the ground and I started casting Firebolt on it over and over again.

Anyway it blew up and half of the room exploded and we died. I just looked at her and said "That reminds me of every level 1 one shot we've ever played."

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I hate everyone who buys early access anything. you are the problem!

• 3Truth!
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Played all day with a friend, good good fun. It did break alot though. Sometimes combat just gets kind of stuck and nobody knows whose turn it is or what the holdup is. Most fights are fine though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Its great game , needs some polish but played like 8 hours with a friend and it worked much better then i expected. they need a option to auto end turn when your compleetly out of movement and all actions

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, i'd like either it to auto-end that characters turn, or have a button that just ends THAT CHARACTER'S turn, even if you have multiple with the same initiative.

there have been a couple times where, let's say i had 3 people going at the same time. the first one can't move because the other members are blocking him, so i quick switch to them just to move them but don't use any actions. so i switch back to the first guy and use him up, then hit space bar to end his turn, except it ends EVERYONE'S turn. if you don't click on them, hitting space bar will just go to the next person, but since i clicked on them to move them, it just ends all 3 turns. bleh

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I like the Twitch extension, at least the character info part of it. Good to be able to see what level, class and equipment characters are wearing without having to ask the streamer. The dialog choice is a bit weird... I can see it being hijacked easily. Waiting for someone to attempt a LG Paladin run while the Chat always goes for evil options lol.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I can already see many different ways this first megamap of encounters and interactions can go down. Had difficulty playing multiplayer with a bud who uses Stadia because PC had a hotfix yesterday that didn't go out to Stadia right away.

It seems odd to take a long rest during the first map given the meta narrative of time being so urgent as well as the context of what is happening in that starting area as well. There really was no avoiding it, however, as my people were all at ~5hps and the healing options were pretty much exhausted.

The one wacky thing with D&D in general with these things is that characters aren't all wet-behind-the-ears neophytes. The companions all have back stories that plays up their accomplishments to date and yet they all start at level 1 and get demonstrably more powerful over the course of a single day.

Last edited:

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think this is getting a pass from me because it's a true turn-based system and I absolutely hate those. One of the more enjoyable aspects of playing through BG1+2 is that you can just wait for your auto attack swings to finish a fight. The not really challenging fights can just be done with 1+2 pauses and orders and then you just hack away at the enemy.

Even the most trivial pushover fights in turn based systems are a chore.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think this is getting a pass from me because it's a true turn-based system and I absolutely hate those. One of the more enjoyable aspects of playing through BG1+2 is that you can just wait for your auto attack swings to finish a fight. The not really challenging fights can just be done with 1+2 pauses and orders and then you just hack away at the enemy.

Even the most trivial pushover fights in turn based systems are a chore.

Wrath of the Righteous is coming too so you'll be ok.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They did a cool thing by adding in a bunch of nifty spells. Damn shame that I'm back to 'heal bitch' for the cleric and 'pew pew magic missiles' for the wizard in nearly all encounters.

WRT Stadia -- it is far from ideal yeah but the GM for my Zoom-based D&D game has a crappy mac and otherwise just uses a work laptop so he rocks Stadia for his infrequent gaming experiences. Will be interesting to test how well it works.

Last edited:

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I do hate looking at that Githyanki face plastered on everything related to this game.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I mean it makes sense in that Githyanki are a big new addition for this game. They are the new Tieflings I guess.

Peak concurrent users on Steam for the past 24 hours is 73k. So that's a LOT of people for Early Access...

Last edited: