Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sooo is there any "super highlight" option that highlights all interactable objects in an environment? The highlight button (bound to left alt by default) just sometimes highlights some things.
Saving that for the definitive version.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Sooo is there any "super highlight" option that highlights all interactable objects in an environment? The highlight button (bound to left alt by default) just sometimes highlights some things.

I didn't notice any issues with it. (Lootable items). Are you talking about being able to see combat assistance items? Like shoot an arrow at a rope and a boulder flles down killing the radius it lands in?

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I didn't notice any issues with it. (Lootable items). Are you talking about being able to see combat assistance items? Like shoot an arrow at a rope and a boulder flles down killing the radius it lands in?
Stuff like bookshelves with clusters of books, those don't highlight when you hold left alt.

• 2Like

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Not to far in but definitely has a really good feel between DOS2 and Dragon Age Inquisition so far which is great. Not being a D&D player/fan makes a few things abit "meh" for me but combat feels stream lined well enough. Extremely experienced gamer and min/maxer but taking this first play through nice and easy to just enjoy the ride for once after grinding last 5 months in Last Epoch haha. Need to "feel" again vs just loot grind but hopefully loot gets exciting as well.

Top notch production, my wife can't believe all the..."progressive" additions they have put in the game. Doesn't bother me one way or the other but definitely laughed when she spit her dummy out when I showed her the character creator with a body type of a man identifying as a woman with a fucking vulva. 1st time i hit the hide clothes button and got a orc cock in the face made me think back to simpler times with NES graphics when you couldn't even tell if your character was a male or female. How we have come full circle !!!!!

Kudos to them for not being afraid to take some risk and also putting out what seems like an obsolute top notch quality game. If they scrubbed the DnD layer and made about more organic feeling I'd be in heaven. Already planning a 2nd play through on harder difficulty once I get the ropes playing an absolute evil mother fucker. Think there is plenty of children of the 80's here, I used to be so impressed with the old choose your own adventure books with such inovative concepts of "skip to page 42 if you think Sir Bob should save the princess". Games like this that make it feel organic with so many minor and larger paths is just amazing to play once in a blue moon. Love me some games like Disgaea that focuses on the min/max aspect to Nth degree but its nice to actually give a shit about a story and feel sucked in once and awhile.

- only complaint is items not highlighting, i'm anal retentive enough that I want to click/open anything and while I like organic experiences in general having some things show as interactive and others not really does not increase my enjoyment in any manner. Minor issue but really the only thing i'd flag so far.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Stuff like bookshelves with clusters of books, those don't highlight when you hold left alt.
Even fucking barrels and crates and shit don't highlight. Seems a little ridiculous that even those aren't included.

That's my one problem with this game, and it is the same with the D:OS and Pathfinder games too; I have FOMO about not looting every motherfucking thing on the screen, because the one time I don't, that's where the fucking uber item will be. I never thought I had OCD, but I'm starting to wonder after having the same issue with so many of these games.

I appreciate the "immersion" I guess, but I also sort of wish there were only bodies and containers, and they all highlighted on a TOGGLED on/off keypress.

• 2Solidarity

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Even fucking barrels and crates and shit don't highlight. Seems a little ridiculous that even those aren't included.
Yeah, no kidding. The whole point is to highlight shit that contains things. All of the things that contain things. It's nice that they include if it's empty (only if you've looked at it) but it would be nice to include, you know, things that contain items.

• 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Top notch production, my wife can't believe all the..."progressive" additions they have put in the game. Doesn't bother me one way or the other but definitely laughed when she spit her dummy out when I showed her the character creator with a body type of a man identifying as a woman with a fucking vulva. 1st time i hit the hide clothes button and got a orc cock in the face made me think back to simpler times with NES graphics when you couldn't even tell if your character was a male or female. How we have come full circle !!!!!
I don't want to summon the Facebook brigade but I view their approach as a significant detriment. So much about character creation is "generic" that it contributes no flavor to the game. Gender, race, genitals, class, it's all the same generic gray soup. Chose what you want and the game will be happy to ignore your choice and give you the same results.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, no kidding. The whole point is to highlight shit that contains things. All of the things that contain things. It's nice that they include if it's empty (only if you've looked at it) but it would be nice to include, you know, things that contain items.
My next favorite thing is when you loot a body, and it still doesn't show up as empty when highlighted, so you go loot it again, and then maybe again because you weren't sure that's the one you just looted.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I want to see everything within the camera's field of view that has any actionable involvement in any capacity. Whether it's a lootable body or oil on the ground or a chasm you can push someone into.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Oh, I forgot to contribute that I chose a Dark Elf (Lolth-Sworn) Paladin, intending to go Oathbreaker. I'm not going to be evil, but I do go around telling people they are going to die, kids should embrace death, etc.

I know we can respec the companions, but will anyone be as good a thief as that faggot vampire? Because per my aforementioned FOMO I have to open every fucking locked item, and he's clearly really good at it currently. I want to murder him later, but if I can't open locks without him, will I need to maybe cradle his balls or something?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
once last thing before I stop checking this thread.

I said, paladins op, bards op. I didn't mention clerics OP.

5d has a design philosophy on class iconic skills. It kindof kills diversity, making each class a single skill/spell monkey. they liked how iconic fireball was. cutting word/healing word for bard. spells that are specifically OP and class specific. they overtune these spells on purpose to give class identity.
5e clerics aren't healbots. old school/pathfinder clerics are healers, and offtanks/meleedps. 5e however is built around spirit guardians and spiritual weapon.

spiritual weapon is a 2nd level, bonus action spell. summon on target, makes an attack action the turn it was cast. FORCE DAMAGE 1d8+spellcasting ability mod. then every turn, as a bonus action move 20ft, and make another attack. +1d8 for every spell slot higher.
1 min duration.
go to cleric spell. force damage is instrumental in hitting many many resistant/immune targets. 1 spell, dealing damage over multiple rounds and flying targets. iirc you don't need line of sight either.

Spirit guardians is a 3rd level spell. 1 action. 15ft radius. half the speed of enemies in the aoe. when a creature first enters, makes a wisdom save, failed save 3d8 radiant damage (good/neutral, necrotic if evil). half on save. 10min duration concentration.

These are why you'd play a cleric, or have one in your party, not really the healing.
This 100%. I have a half elf tempest cleric who worships Tempus. I’m using him as a tank and he is a power house. My buddy tipped me off to the tempest domain cause I always thought they were just healers and buffers. His cleric is a Selune worshipper and he said the dialogue/interaction between him and Shadowheart is interesting. He even romanced her. Lol

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The only problem with this game is the 5e rules. Everything else is 10/10 so far, but it really feels like 5e is a huge step backwards in terms of complexity and dynamic combat options from Divinity 2.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The only problem with this game is the 5e rules. Everything else is 10/10 so far, but it really feels like 5e is a huge step backwards in terms of complexity and dynamic combat options from Divinity 2.
I said it before and Ill say it again, D&D or any other tabletop games rules do not belong in a video game. It just all feels so awkward.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This 100%. I have a half elf tempest cleric who worships Tempus. I’m using him as a tank and he is a power house. My buddy tipped me off to the tempest domain cause I always thought they were just healers and buffers. His cleric is a Selune worshipper and he said the dialogue/interaction between him and Shadowheart is interesting. He even romanced her. Lol
that's the thing, certain cleric domains are designed to be in melee, some are designed to be more casters. the biggest tipoff is the lvl 8 ability. it'll either add a d8 to melee or add wisdom modifier to cantrips. also whether or not they get heavy armor when they pick their domain. some domains are more combat focused like tempest, some are less so, like knowledge clerics who are skill monkeys

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Extremely experienced gamer and min/maxer

Chicago Bulls Wrestling GIF by WWE

• 1Like