Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The druid sanctuary is kind of buggy. I played through EA several times and twice i did something to make the whole fucking place turn on me. Wasn't at all clear what I did and it didn't seem combat related.
Could be if you had someone sneaking. People tend to get pissed if you're sneaking around them.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Rolled a bard but I think I'm done with it and I'm not even out of the tutorial. Normal difficulty and I've almost died twice , with 2 followers. I want to beat on people not play a lute. Think I'll try a fallen pally next. I like the idea of a pally but hated having to play as good. Sounds like alignments are a thing of the past now.
i'm playing a vengeance pally and while yes, there is often the dialogue options for your typical white knight, there are PLENTY of paladin specific options that are cold, uncaring, judgmental and bordering on murderhobo. don't get caught up in the old alignment system, there aren't even any alignment notifications in this game. you don't become an oath breaker by becoming evil. you can be plenty evil and stay right on track with your oath. you become an oathbreaker by behaving in ways counter to the tenants of your oath.

j00t

Could be if you had someone sneaking. People tend to get pissed if you're sneaking around them.
yeah that's definitely a possibility. just sneaking causes people to get upset. they'll start saying things like "Don't do that." if you keep it up, even if you don't commit any crimes it can start a riot. i mean, especially in the grove. that place is a powder keg waiting to go off. it's not a bug that doing weird things in that situation would turn people hostile

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
reallllly missing the loot menu from bg1/2. Justy found out I can loot-all with the spacebar tho, which is nice.

kihq5vm5fgu51.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

Gale's familiar tells you to call him when the fisting starts. I love this game.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Ive had a bit of a crashing problem. Never was an issue in Early Access but it crashed three times last night doing just normal stuff. Did a full file check and everything was copacetic so not sure what is going on, but I am now saving quite frequently.

Decided to be vanilla as fuck with my first playthrough and so made a Half-Elf Bard with the Charlatan background. Bullshitting your way out of situations + getting Inspiration for being true to your character is double plus fun.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was running Dark Urge as my first play through, but god damn, gonna restart with a custom origin so I can make some of these decisions on my own. Probably not the best first play through, will be fun for a full murder hobo run in the future.

• 1Solidarity

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can you not select more then one person in your party and move them separate from the group or do you have to move each individually while group mode is turned off?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Found an easier way to get Everburn 2hander sword from Commander Zhalk on the nautiloid ship. You have to free Shadowheart from the pod and once you do have her prepare the Command spell. When you get to Zhalk have her cast the spell on him and choose the drop weapon command. There's like a 50%ish chance he will drop the sword and then you loot it off the ground. If the spell fails reload and try until you get it. It's much faster and easier fighting him and then you have to worry about the cambions joining the fight.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ive had a bit of a crashing problem. Never was an issue in Early Access but it crashed three times last night doing just normal stuff. Did a full file check and everything was copacetic so not sure what is going on, but I am now saving quite frequently.

Decided to be vanilla as fuck with my first playthrough and so made a Half-Elf Bard with the Charlatan background. Bullshitting your way out of situations + getting Inspiration for being true to your character is double plus fun.
My crashing went away after I switched to windowed mode....

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've had a few crashes. Mainly during the combat, when something puts a PC or NPC in a weird spot, or odd condition. It will sometimes lag/freeze a bit before it can figure out what to do with the turns. With a couple times the game just not responding at all. Cant load, cant quit. Have to end task. One time it crashed on its own and did the crash report/verify thing.

Also probably not helped I am running this on a i5 6500 + 1070.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can you not select more then one person in your party and move them separate from the group or do you have to move each individually while group mode is turned off?

Yeah you can drag the portraits around the separate people and connect them. Once you start to pull the portrait you'll see chains connecting it to the others. Pull until they break

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Did you try swapping to the other API? (DX11/Vulkan)

I've only crashed so far w/ my 4090 when I tried Vulkan.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
s
Yeah you can drag the portraits around the separate people and connect them. Once you start to pull the portrait you'll see chains connecting it to the others. Pull until they break
God damn that's not intuitive at all. I'm just used to dragging a selection box.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
pressing G toggles grouping them together too. Also shift-c gets them all to go into cover/hide so you can stealth as a group.

• 2Like

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Haven't had a crash since it launched so thats been nice. Just went oathbreaker w/ my lead Dark Urg Pali. Going with Astorion and Lae'zel to form my little evil trio group, early on but really not liking the rogue. Sure it will get better. I know its early but is all the missing expected? Fully appreciate the randomness of the invisible dice on attacks but my 60-70% attacks seem to hit more around 30%. Nightmares of XCOM on crack....

I cut off gale's hand in the portal, is he gone for good?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The XP payouts for dialogue/roleplay stuff are starting to get really lame the further I go.

Specifically the goblin camp:

You can spend hours smooth talking your way around the camp but it's just a complete waste of time and doesn't really get you anywhere. There's no payout for doing any of it, and the resolution of the camp ultimately comes down to just goblin genocide and it's the objective correct choice in terms of loot/xp anyway.

If you get real sneaky you can poison the goblin ale and most of them die from but it doesn't pay out any XP which is just a straight up loss of ~400xp compared to just murdering the entire place by hand etc.

I'm basically back to the Divinity 2 method of using all the dialogue options against random bandits or whatever then immediately entering turn-based mode the second I talk them down and stabbing them all to death anyway, which feels pretty lame

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users