Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So I just hit the first pro-abortion commentary in it... Watching Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus on her playthrough as I've been too busy to start so far. She's talking to Lae'zel. Lae'zel mentions how the Gith evolved to be egg bearers and asexual for reproduction. Then quickly mentions how she can't imagine not being able to enjoy physical sex because of subsequent child bearing.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Let Volo stab my bro with an ice pick. Didn’t know that the eyeball he puts in looks more normal than the tiefling/eldritch default, big disappoint.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Still think the whole resting BS is janky as fuck in modern video games. The past Larian games with the CDs and AP is so much fucking better for video game versions. So like in the goblin town, killing shit, group after group and I have to full rest in between almost every fight because all my good shit is spent and I either do not have any dmg spells left or heals are gone on cleric and im limp dicking. Characters that rely on spells, which is like 1/2 or more of my group are basically useless without full rest. Was the same way with Pathfinder and of course both games relying on their tabletop systems just do not translate well into video game versions, at least IMO.

Dont get me wrong here, the game is great and im loving it, just a gripe I have with these tabletop systems being 1:1 taken and made into video game versions. The flow is just way better in the past Larian games where they relied on their own systems of CDs on skills and AP. Or other TRPG games with their 2AP systems, of one AP for move and other for action, or spend both on action or move if you want.
if you're casters are worthless without using spells, you aren't using cantrips right. the entire point of cantrips are so that your casters don't have to blow all their spells every single encounter. don't think of firebolt as a spell, think of it as a bow that your casters are actually good at.

Goonsquad Officer
So I just hit the first pro-abortion commentary in it... Watching Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus on her playthrough as I've been too busy to start so far. She's talking to Lae'zel. Lae'zel mentions how the Gith evolved to be egg bearers and asexual for reproduction. Then quickly mentions how she can't imagine not being able to enjoy physical sex because of subsequent child bearing.
Meanwhile the whole swamp storyline is kind of an analogy for the reality of abortion.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So many they don't even fit...
1691552706561.png

30 mins into the fight, had two guys left and it bugged out and crashed... FUUUUUUUUU

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't forget the alchemy bitch. No benefits from any race, so you can just turn pretty much any of them you aren't using into a transmutation wizard. Or maybe make 4 of them so you can give everyone in your main party a Transmuter's Stone. Free Darkvision, Con saves proficiency, +3m movement, or resistance to an element seems pretty strong.
Welp, I didn't test far enough on it. Before the first post, I made 3 hirelings to see what buffs/benefits they would give, and, as it turns out, you can only hire 3 hirelings. So I guess my dreams of a 15 piece band are also dashed!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So when exactly is act 2?

I am in the underdark atm, I have quest to kill nere, grymforge, sussar tree weapon, nightsong(think that is down here), the shrooms the mindflayer turncoat wants. Then above ground, the Creche thing the gith were after(or is that act 2?). I just finished killing the old soveriegn and got the Nere quest and mushroom stuff(from glut and the ormelum mindflayer).

Pretty sure I read the moonrise tower stuff is definitely act 2.

Just curious how much more there is, am at about 5 and 1/4. Sitting at 56 hours already, though probably 5 or 6 hours of that is being afk with it on the pause screen.

Last edited:

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
So when exactly is act 2?

I am in the underdark atm, I have quest to kill nere, grymforge, sussar tree weapon, nightsong(think that is down here), the shrooms the mindflayer turncoat wants. Then above ground, the Creche thing the gith were after(or is that act 2?). I just finished killing the old soveriegn and got the Nere quest and mushroom stuff(from glut and the orch mindflayer).

Pretty sure I read the moonrise tower stuff is definitely act 2.

Just curious how much more there is, am at about 5 and 1/4. Sitting at 56 hours already, though probably 5 or 6 hours of that is being afk with it on the pause screen.
Act 2 is technically anything that didn't exist in EA. So the two main zones of Act 1 are the zone you land in after the ship crashes, and the underdark. Complete all the quests there if you want to be level appropriate before heading to either Moonrise Towers or the Mountain Pass. One of the other quests you mentioned doesn't resolve till Act 2, but won't spoil which one.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Act3 spoiler question:

The evil archduke says someone in your camp is an imposter but I don't see any way to actually act on that or investigate it all?

I assume it's this stupid kid that showed up but no matter how much I rest I can't get anything to trigger regarding any of this

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Might have missed it in the posts but haven't seen anyone mention Alfira as I have been reading...

Maybe i'm just getting sedimental in my old age but when you talk to her and help her with her song she belts out a polished version and it just really felt moving. Last game score I've heard that resonated like this was in dragon age inquisition. "When the dawn will come" and about 5 others were just epic feeling in the game itself. Lindsey Sterling even did the cover for the main theme which was pretty solid if you like that type of thing. I've seen her twice in person and she has to be one of the most talented pure musicians in the world. Hope the music continues to impress.

Only sad thing I was playing the dark urge before I restarted and Alfira came to me that night to my camp and asked if she could join. I was playing a very evil play through so she was the only exception all game so far I wasn't a dick and said yes. Then I woke up and found out I killed her in my sleep ahahah. I literally was just about to make a custom character or respec someone to a bard so when she asked to join I thought "Oh hey a non origin story person can join your team?? Cool" Then splat! Was sad so I restarted a new play through lol

Oh if you dont know who lindsey sterling is, I saw her live when this was shot when she tried to perform for the 1st time. She talked about it after she did it and hearing what she did to train for this was pretty insane. I enjoy her style of music when I am just relaxing but even if you don't have to give her prop's for this shit. lindsey sterling spins from hair - Bing video )

/SPOILER]

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
Act3 spoiler question:

The evil archduke says someone in your camp is an imposter but I don't see any way to actually act on that or investigate it all?

I assume it's this stupid kid that showed up but no matter how much I rest I can't get anything to trigger regarding any of this

I'm pretty sure this is with regards to Lae'zel, who it turns out Orin has kidnapped and turned herself into... but I could never find a way to pre-trigger it before you Orin confronts you

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Might I just say, thanks everyone for being nice about spoilage. Everyone is hiding stuff behind the spoiler boxes really well.

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

j00t

Might have missed it in the posts but haven't seen anyone mention Alfira as I have been reading...

Maybe i'm just getting sedimental in my old age but when you talk to her and help her with her song she belts out a polished version and it just really felt moving. Last game score I've heard that resonated like this was in dragon age inquisition. "When the dawn will come" and about 5 others were just epic feeling in the game itself. Lindsey Sterling even did the cover for the main theme which was pretty solid if you like that type of thing. I've seen her twice in person and she has to be one of the most talented pure musicians in the world. Hope the music continues to impress.

Only sad thing I was playing the dark urge before I restarted and Alfira came to me that night to my camp and asked if she could join. I was playing a very evil play through so she was the only exception all game so far I wasn't a dick and said yes. Then I woke up and found out I killed her in my sleep ahahah. I literally was just about to make a custom character or respec someone to a bard so when she asked to join I thought "Oh hey a non origin story person can join your team?? Cool" Then splat! Was sad so I restarted a new play through lol

Oh if you dont know who lindsey sterling is, I saw her live when this was shot when she tried to perform for the 1st time. She talked about it after she did it and hearing what she did to train for this was pretty insane. I enjoy her style of music when I am just relaxing but even if you don't have to give her prop's for this shit. lindsey sterling spins from hair - Bing video )

/SPOILER]
so, i think that's a dark urge only event. in both my single player and my multiplayer group, we helped her perfect her song (i agree by the way. when she was working on it i was like eerrrrrrrrrr, but the final rendition was really pretty good) and that's the only interaction i've had with her since. there's also a pretty nice bard hat tucked away by her that is extremely helpful for any bards early game

j00t

i just wanted to add my 2 cents about exp from dialogue. i've noticed almost every single time that i've resolved an encounter through dialogue that my party has gotten like 75-150xp depending on the severity of the encounter. killing regular enemies gives you like 15-30xp (75xp or so for big guys like commander zhalk in the nautiloid and goblin bosses). it's probably worth more experience to fight, but i also don't think that non-violence is jipping me on experience. obviously the best way to go is to de-escalate for the non-violent xp, then kill them as they wander off, but i also don't think that's ultimately worth it (unless you enjoy that kind of stuff) because people are talking about reaching the level cap with plenty of game to go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
One thing about this game that really annoys me is the same thing that caused issues in DOS1 and DOS2. You run into encounters that just destroy you (lvl 5 enemies when you're level 3 and such) such. Or you explore some region and get to the end only to find you were extremely underleveled to finish it. Even if you succeeded in killing all the enemies on the way there.

Forcing you to return later.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
No spoilers but I feel someone should do a wellness check on anyone who has reached Act 3. I have (checks cloud) 50 hours on the game and I just got to Act 2.

The number of times I have gone "hmmm I wonder if I can... OMG I can?!?" is crazy.

Larian has said that making an expansion would be challenging given how crazy D&D gets past level 12, but I feel the fundamental engine here is soooo good that it would be criminal to not open it up for other stories and adventures Gold Box style.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
When I realized I could drop chandeliers on people I was like.... ok that's awesome.

Enemies with only range attacks and lots of movement can straight up suck a dick though. I've lost most encounters like this until I get really lucky or figure something out (like LOS on the map forcing them to come closer). Is there any better way to do this? Especially as a Barbarian PC I am really gimped if I can't close the gap efficiently.

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Even if Larian doesn’t release additional content, the mod scene for this game should be epic, or at least that’s what I’m holding out hope.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
When I realized I could drop chandeliers on people I was like.... ok that's awesome.

Enemies with only range attacks and lots of movement can straight up suck a dick though. I've lost most encounters like this until I get really lucky or figure something out (like LOS on the map forcing them to come closer). Is there any better way to do this? Especially as a Barbarian PC I am really gimped if I can't close the gap efficiently.
There is a Misty Step amulet you pick up somewhere early on that is clutch for that. Lae’zel gets it as a goth passive and it has made her one of my go to melee party members for that reason.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well as I recall with DOS they never released the dungeon master editor they originally intended to. They probably won't this time either. But the mods will be great.