Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Word to the wise if you're going to massively invest in making a game these days, you better make it as ADHD as possible

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
For my first playthrough (there's is a 0% chance it will be the only one) I am playing a Bard and man... he's owning both the roles of 'thief' and 'cleric' while still being able to talk his way out of a jam. The third level spell 'Warden of Vitality' has been clutch. Picked it up at level 6 when you get your chance to grab two spells from ANY class and man... wowza.
I fucking love bard.

I wish one modern MMO would do bard right.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It does kind of annoy me though in that you don't really want multiple charisma characters in the same party if you can avoid it. Since you can only have a party of 4 you need to be more careful about who you bring with you.

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
BG3 Hentai scene.

1691675645602.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Weird Boner
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 7 users

Cybsled

Found an awesome monk amulet hidden in a tiny chest near the Adamantine Forge area on a tiny island surrounded by lava and fire elementals. It’s a cursed item that will make you laugh if you fail a save, but monks get an EZ roll against it. The amulet is sentient and has an ability to restore kei points and also cast shatter.

Btw is there more than 2 mithril veins in the game? I found 2 so I can make 2 adamantine items at the forge, but haven’t found more yet. The shield seemed good for Shadowheart (immunity to crits) and the armor seems really good as well

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Make sure yall using Aid, it stays relevant because every +level you cast it you get+5 max HP. Rocking an extra +25 HP on everyone and it is max HP per long rest that stacks with temp HP etc.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Found an awesome monk amulet hidden in a tiny chest near the Adamantine Forge area on a tiny island surrounded by lava and fire elementals. It’s a cursed item that will make you laugh if you fail a save, but monks get an EZ roll against it. The amulet is sentient and has an ability to restore kei points and also cast shatter.

Btw is there more than 2 mithril veins in the game? I found 2 so I can make 2 adamantine items at the forge, but haven’t found more yet. The shield seemed good for Shadowheart (immunity to crits) and the armor seems really good as well

There's only the ones down in the forge area that I know, but don't worry about it too much - that stuff gets outclassed almost immediately by the end of act2 or early in act3

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Few more musings if people want to powergame:

Armor is OP as fuck and you should probably take a multiclass level on almost everyone in order to pick up at least medium armor if you're using dex, or full heavy armor if you're not dex. All casters can cast in armor just fine if they are proficient, so Gale can walk around in full plate with a shield and have 22+ AC.

Perhaps more importantly than the actual armor piece though is a ton of the really good boots/gloves are all tagged as medium or heavy armor, and not having proficiency will really limit what people are able to equip.

Your weapons always apply their stats as long as you're holding them, ranged or melee, even if you never use them. So for example a shortbow that has passive fire/cold resist just always gives that if you slap it on a caster even if they can't use it, or equipping a mainhand weapon that increases your crit range will apply to stuff like eldritch blast.

Druids are actually completely fucking busted, specifically owlbear form. The crushing flight ability it has scales somehow with movement speed/mass of the character so if you enlarge the ownbear it does hundreds of damage when it lands on shit.

Similarly telekinesis is also busted for probably the same reason and throwing something like say a camp supply bag that weighs 150lbs results in hilarious amounts of damage.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Few more musings if people want to powergame:

Armor is OP as fuck and you should probably take a multiclass level on almost everyone in order to pick up at least medium armor if you're using dex, or full heavy armor if you're not dex. All casters can cast in armor just fine if they are proficient, so Gale can walk around in full plate with a shield and have 22+ AC.

Perhaps more importantly than the actual armor piece though is a ton of the really good boots/gloves are all tagged as medium or heavy armor, and not having proficiency will really limit what people are able to equip.

Your weapons always apply their stats as long as you're holding them, ranged or melee, even if you never use them. So for example a shortbow that has passive fire/cold resist just always gives that if you slap it on a caster even if they can't use it, or equipping a mainhand weapon that increases your crit range will apply to stuff like eldritch blast.

Druids are actually completely fucking busted, specifically owlbear form. The crushing flight ability it has scales somehow with movement speed/mass of the character so if you enlarge the ownbear it does hundreds of damage when it lands on shit.

Similarly telekinesis is also busted for probably the same reason and throwing something like say a camp supply bag that weighs 150lbs results in hilarious amounts of damage.
Almost to the end of chapter 2 and boots/gloves/helm seem to be appropriate for the class. I haven't seen any of them that I really think "man, I wish Gale could wear that heavy armor helm." I made Shadowheart into a Tempest cleric though, so there might be some heavy stuff she uses/used and I didn't notice.

For AC, my current party is Cleric (Heavy):21, Fighter (Heavy) 18, Bard (Light) 17, and Wizard (Cloth) 16. With proper battlefield management, I'm not sure dipping the Bard or Wizard in a heavy armor class would be better than having 1 extra spell per rest, or getting access to a new spell circle/level one level earlier. In tactician, I have only had 2 or 3 full party wipes with that pure classes only set up.

For Druid: I was going to switch over to Hal when he became available, but you cant use any equipment when your shapeshifted, so I kinda soured on druid. I like using all the things...only half the time I end up saving them until a "hard" fight...that never happens...

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Almost to the end of chapter 2 and boots/gloves/helm seem to be appropriate for the class. I haven't seen any of them that I really think "man, I wish Gale could wear that heavy armor helm." I made Shadowheart into a Tempest cleric though, so there might be some heavy stuff she uses/used and I didn't notice.

For AC, my current party is Cleric (Heavy):21, Fighter (Heavy) 18, Bard (Light) 17, and Wizard (Cloth) 16. With proper battlefield management, I'm not sure dipping the Bard or Wizard in a heavy armor class would be better than having 1 extra spell per rest, or getting access to a new spell circle/level one level earlier. In tactician, I have only had 2 or 3 full party wipes with that pure classes only set up.

For Druid: I was going to switch over to Hal when he became available, but you cant use any equipment when your shapeshifted, so I kinda soured on druid. I like using all the things...only half the time I end up saving them until a "hard" fight...that never happens...
You can get Hal? He was around but could never recruit him, infact I haven't met a single druid I could put in my party.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yea trickery spec is complete trash for a game like this, anyone planning on actually using Shadowheart needs to respec her immediately so she has useful domain spells.

War is pretty decent if you need another fatter front like type, storms and nature can also be pretty good.
If you want to do damage(which you do because offense is best defense in dnd)Tempest is by far the best due to Destructive Wrath and call lightning. Even if they save you do 30+points of dmg in an AOE.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
You can get Hal? He was around but could never recruit him, infact I haven't met a single druid I could put in my party.

Yep, he'll agree to party up with you if you kill
the three leaders in the Goblin camp (Priestess Gut, hobgoblin guy, and Minthara). You basically get your choice of either him or Minthara as party members, as she is one of the leaders he wants killed.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
RE: druid companions

You can get Jaheira later on as well if you want a druid and aren't in to the big gay manhunk Halsin

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yep, he'll agree to party up with you if you kill
the three leaders in the Goblin camp (Priestess Gut, hobgoblin guy, and Minthara). You basically get your choice of either him or Minthara as party members, as she is one of the leaders he wants killed.
While he joined my camp after that part, he didn't agree to actually join the party until half way through chapter 2. I think it was once I found his druid friend and did his first quest.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Grabbit Allworth Grabbit Allworth I was reading some lists of what has changed in BG3 vs tabletop 5E and stumbled in to this build site. Initially I kind of scoffed at your idea of 'i don't allow multiclassing in my games' but holy shit I've changed my mind - this is the gayest shit I've seen in a long time lol:

Maybe if you include in your character 'build' includes blocks of test like this:

Creator’s Note – Making a custom background is RAW. Page 125 of the Player’s Handbook 125 states:

You're a gigantic fag and no one is gonna play DND with you