fc3ebx8rw9hb1.png
David Bowie

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
While he joined my camp after that part, he didn't agree to actually join the party until half way through chapter 2. I think it was once I found his druid friend and did his first quest.

Seems to maybe be dialog path dependent; I found him in the Sanctuary prison because I wanted him to try healing the parasite; he said that he couldn't, but the answers would be at Moonrise Towers. I then asked him if he could travel with me if he couldn't directly heal me, and TLDR he immediately gave the offer of "Sure, kill the three leaders, and I'm in."

I just got through the refugee party, and it seems like he's ready to go into party rotation right now, although I put down the game last night right at that point.

Will confirm after work if he's immediately playable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Maul

Dental Dammer
One thing about this game that really annoys me is the same thing that caused issues in DOS1 and DOS2. You run into encounters that just destroy you (lvl 5 enemies when you're level 3 and such) such. Or you explore some region and get to the end only to find you were extremely underleveled to finish it. Even if you succeeded in killing all the enemies on the way there.

Forcing you to return later.
Yeah that is kinda bullshit, experienced this a fair amount so far as I love to just wander about

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yep, he'll agree to party up with you if you kill
the three leaders in the Goblin camp (Priestess Gut, hobgoblin guy, and Minthara). You basically get your choice of either him or Minthara as party members, as she is one of the leaders he wants killed.
Yea...that never happened. I murdered that whole area, talking to everyone in the druid camp after etc. Hal left the camp after I completed the tower stuff.
RE: druid companions

You can get Jaheira later on as well if you want a druid and aren't in to the big gay manhunk Halsin
Yeah she died in the fight...no druids for me.
Karlach is bugged out too, upgraded her heart back to back in chapter 2 and now no more journal entries for her.

Second playthrough will be switching everything up so I guess I still have lots to see.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
@Grabbit Allworth I was reading some lists of what has changed in BG3 vs tabletop 5E and stumbled in to this build site. Initially I kind of scoffed at your idea of 'i don't allow multiclassing in my games' but holy shit I've changed my mind - this is the gayest shit I've seen in a long time lol:

Maybe if you include in your character 'build' includes blocks of test like this:

Creator’s Note – Making a custom background is RAW. Page 125 of the Player’s Handbook 125 states:

You're a gigantic fag and no one is gonna play DND with you

from the build -

1691686474480.png

If the first thing you try to do at the table after making your character is attempt to sell your starting equipment to buy other shit because that's how the math breaks down this whole campaign is probably going to end in disaster for at least one of us.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Looks like a ton of pushback on the faggotry

You will be able to refund the game within the first week of launch regardless of your pre-release play time. However if you want to refund on release week make sure you don't play more than 2 hours after the game releases. Refunds are handled by Steam.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
act3 sidequest spoiler question:

has anyone find a way to resolve the fireworks factory that isn't just waltzing up on the 3rd floor and murdering everyone? I got the secret phrase to see the better merchant on the 2nd floor, but I'm getting pretty close to the end of the game here and haven't come across anything more to do with this place besides just murderblitz it all

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
On my next playthru I will try to kill every single faggot who tried to get it on during the first one.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
One thing about turn based here is that movement is absolute king of everything. So the bonuses you get from being a dwarf with a 2meter less movement per turn don't make up for that loss. Bet your ass my 2nd run paladin is going to be a Wood elf with 10.5M base movement a turn.

This doesn't come up nearly as much as in a game like BG2 where its RTMWP.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It does kind of annoy me though in that you don't really want multiple charisma characters in the same party if you can avoid it. Since you can only have a party of 4 you need to be more careful about who you bring with you.
Why do you say that? I restarted because I just wasn't enjoying playing a main character that had fuck-all for cha because sometimes you have no choice but to talk to people with your main, and if you're using a companion you miss out on any +approval you would normally get for choices they make while speaking for you. Finding it very hard to come up with a plan I like that doesn't involve 3 characters with a cha focus (eventually ending up with me as sword bard 6/fiend warlock 5/wizard 1, Karlach as ancient paladin 7/great old one warlock 5, and Shadowheart as tempest cleric 2, storm sorcerer 8, divination wizard 2). 4th slot is just whoever for now, but will probably be some sort of gloomstalker cheese if I go with Minsc, or a moon druid 7/bearheart barbarian 5 if I decide to use Jaheira instead. Crushing flight owlbear definitely sounds amusing.

At any rate, covering important skills isn't terribly difficult, and I haven't really seen any other downsides to wanting cha on 3 out of 4. I haven't seen any +cha items to fight over (not counting the hag reward, which I wouldn't give a companion anyway).

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I agree with this especially if your a melee class. There’s nothing worst in this game for me when can’t attack an enemy cause your not close enough to them. That 1 or 2 meter extra would of sufficed. For me it’s very critical that I get first attack and kill them before they can get a second turn.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So I’m playing with 2 friends, we decided to each take an origin character, I’m Karlach, others are playing Astarion and Shadowheart. Tonight I had an awesome Shadowheart moment from my friend, taking choices I would probably never take.

We've agreed that unless one of our character dies, we don't do reloads and live with the consequences of our actions. :)

Basically we get to the camp and Lea'zel is pissed at Shadowheart about the artifact and she demands answers. My friend basically, nope it's mine I don't have to say anything to you. We go to bed and Lea'zel is over Shadowheart with a dagger in her hand and steals the artifact with promptly kills her...permanently. So we don't have Lea'zel for the rest of the game. :)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I haven't gotten to the point where everything about the artifact is revealed, but what doesn't make sense to me is why it ends up in my inventory. I guess it's a bug? It seemed to happen when I removed her from the party temporarily to use my pickpocket and alchemy characters. Not sure if it actually has any effect, but I made a note to never remove her from the party on my new restart playthrough.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I’m playing with 2 friends, we decided to each take an origin character, I’m Karlach, others are playing Astarion and Shadowheart. Tonight I had an awesome Shadowheart moment from my friend, taking choices I would probably never take.

We've agreed that unless one of our character dies, we don't do reloads and live with the consequences of our actions. :)

Basically we get to the camp and Lea'zel is pissed at Shadowheart about the artifact and she demands answers. My friend basically, nope it's mine I don't have to say anything to you. We go to bed and Lea'zel is over Shadowheart with a dagger in her hand and steals the artifact with promptly kills her...permanently. So we don't have Lea'zel for the rest of the game. :)

I had that happen somewhat. But Shadowheart was the one trying to kill lea'zel. I had to stop it, because I needed the fighter at the time. I didn't have korlach yet. The funny thing is, after that, those both got a long a lot better and even chat about dealing with their shit and they should be ok now, when just walking around. I think shadowheart trying to kill her in her sleep made laezel approve of her even more.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I had that happen somewhat. But Shadowheart was the one trying to kill lea'zel. I had to stop it, because I needed the fighter at the time. I didn't have korlach yet. The funny thing is, after that, those both got a long a lot better and even chat about dealing with their shit and they should be ok now, when just walking around. I think shadowheart trying to kill her in her sleep made laezel approve of her even more.

It's pretty amazing the amount of permutation of events that are possible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I fucked up that scene even more. Not only did one of the characters perma another, but I failed another quest because apparently waiting too long to rescue that one npc in the cave in results in them dying if you long rest a couple times after getting the quest

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
There are a lot of ways to affect quests.

For example going directly to goblin camp and killing the 3 bosses will close up a lot of quests from the grove. Since the tieflings are leaving most of quests from then are closed.

It’s what makes the game so fun for me, and it makes me look forward to replaying it.

• 1Like