Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Finished game in ~90 hours. For 90% of the game I used two plate + shield Tavern Brawler Monks, lightning Cleric, and Bard.

TBH on a replay I'd probably do 3 Tavern Brawler Monks + a Bard. When stuff needs to die they kill it. If it cannot die in one round, its guaranteed to be stunned.

I did the 8 Monk 4 fighter route, but the 8 monk 4 Rogue might be even more OP.
My monk was 8 monk + 4 rogue. Bonus actions on a monk are super strong, making that third level on a rogue very powerful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
My monk was 8 monk + 4 rogue. Bonus actions on a monk are super strong, making that third level on a rogue very powerful.

If you are open hand, 9/3 is probably a better split - you lose one ASI but Ki Resonation is really strong - you basically mark things with your attacks and then can detonate them for AOE damage. Also it lets you make a martial arts attack while wielding a weapon, which is a *little* questionable, but I suppose it's not like you can't kick someone while wielding a sword.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My monk is 6 monk 2 rogue and 2 fighter. For the extra rogue action you get at lv 2. But I could see 4 rogue though since fighter extra attack is one and done on quick rest. Tavern brawler and high str is really nice too. Hits like a truck and hits often.

velk

Trakanon Raider
My monk is 6 monk 2 rogue and 2 fighter. For the extra rogue action you get at lv 2. But I could see 4 rogue though since fighter extra attack is one and done on quick rest. Tavern brawler and high str is really nice too. Hits like a truck and hits often.

You definitely want to make the next level go to rogue then spec thief - their ability is a second bonus action every round - as a monk you can use it for any of your ki powers, or just the normal bonus unarmed strike.

Warrior isn't bad, but as you note, one regular attack per short rest doesn't compare to one extra bonus action every single round. Warrior isn't bad for monk multi, but mostly so you can wear heavy armor and a shield.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
as far as "tanks" go in this game, i found that making sure your barb or karlach are reckless attacking as often as they can. it encourages enemies to hit her because they have advantage on their attacks, but because she's raging she takes half damage from physical attacks so it evens out, especially with the barb hitpoint pool.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

You definitely want to make the next level go to rogue then spec thief - their ability is a second bonus action every round - as a monk you can use it for any of your ki powers, or just the normal bonus unarmed strike.

Warrior isn't bad, but as you note, one regular attack per short rest doesn't compare to one extra bonus action every single round. Warrior isn't bad for monk multi, but mostly so you can wear heavy armor and a shield.
to clarify, it's not just one extra attack per short rest, it's an extra action per short rest, so when your monk hits lvl 5 it'll be 2 extra attacks per short rest. but also since it's an extra action you can use it to throw an extra potion at someone, for example. most of the time players use action surge to just attack again but there's a lot of utility in it.

that being said, i personally wouldn't multiclass 2 levels of fighter just to get action surge

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Too easy so far?

Just hit level 5 with my group on multiplayer. We're playing on Tactician and it seems too easy still. Maybe it's just level 5 is a big power jump, we min/max and we were still in Act 1 doing the Hag fight. Does difficulty ramp up?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Too easy so far?

Just hit level 5 with my group on multiplayer. We're playing on Tactician and it seems too easy still. Maybe it's just level 5 is a big power jump, we min/max and we were still in Act 1 doing the Hag fight. Does difficulty ramp up?

It's similar to DOS2. All combat are hand crafted encounters, no random ones. So if you know what you're doing, and do the encounters/progression linearly (as in you get to the fights at the right levels, go to other places if you encounter mobs a few levels above you), it isn't very hard. Perhaps a few encounters are harder than others due to not knowing mechanics of them, mainly bosses, but up until act 3 (I stopped there to get some patches in) I didn't have much issue on tactician. The fights where I ended up reloading a lot were the ones where I didn't want NPCs to die and figuring out how to do that. Min/maxing a co-op party probably makes it even easier.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Too easy so far?

It gets easier. By act 3 it's face roll if you roll with effective builds.

If i played again I'd eschew using boots, rings, amulet, helmets and gloves. And maybe just play with three characters.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
to clarify, it's not just one extra attack per short rest, it's an extra action per short rest, so when your monk hits lvl 5 it'll be 2 extra attacks per short rest. but also since it's an extra action you can use it to throw an extra potion at someone, for example. most of the time players use action surge to just attack again but there's a lot of utility in it.

that being said, i personally wouldn't multiclass 2 levels of fighter just to get action surge
Yeah I went nine on my open Palm Monk, two fighter and one barbarian just for the little bit more AC and rage mechanic, an action surge. Was thinking about respecting though and going three thief. You guys have been talking about it over the past few pages and I didn't realize that was an option, and it definitely I think we'll improve this year destruction I can do. I'm doing tavern brawler after switching from decks and Jesus the damage increase was massive.

Even if I'm not men next or whatever I've really been enjoying the monk but taking it to level 12 is just useless. I guess that's why I was a little disappointed we weren't going up to 20 because towards the end of the monk you just become amazing. Seems nine with open palms the real cut off because the quivering Palm sort of mechanic is pretty fantastic for clearing out low health enemies in a big group. I think you're right that the extra bonus action will really pull its weight more than action surge.

I think I'm pretty close to the end of the game, and knowing how all of the mechanics have been transferred over to the game itself by this point, I'm almost halfway tempted to roll a monk again just because it is such a fun class. Couple of buddies are talking about firing it up, and I might just remake my character with that.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Raphael fight was pretty awesome-

I thought at first I did a super gay strategy to win but then afterwards I saw on Reddit people came up with the most silly shit to cheese that fight lol. I created mmo raid level positioning setup with my group and summons to make a perfect little circle then put up a globe of invulnerability. The fight is retarded and removes it if you precast it; but for some reason you can precast invis without an issue so I just invised myself and gale, then after convo i precast globe and he did the mega magic missile spell you get from sorceries sundries vault - he took out two towers with one spell with that. Between that, then free recast with the staff from Larraoakan tower and then one more cast from hope’s divine intervention, I was able to keep up 9 turns of invulnerability - made the fight stupid gay easy. Lost invuln about halfway thru Raphael’s health but I did kinda cheat and at some point read online that hold monster spells are really good on him - once you know that he is really easy. I guess it’s a devil trait to be really weak to those or something . (Literally everything on him, melee or spell was like like 20-40% hit chance , but hold monster was anywhere from 70-100 and once it lands , you can crit and land shit on him 100% he goes down so fast

• 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
worst mod ever created

flat sisters less is more boobs.jpg

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Well this is neat
tldr: We launch Shadowheart across the universe into the final boss room and the box breaks on impact. Her dead body triggers the final cutscene.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well this is neat

Fucking clickbait trash.

That's fucking dumb, not the final cutscene, and just a bug. That's the cutscene for the end of act 2, that they failed and rolls credits. You can end the game at many places before you reach the real end of the game.

Furthermore, from the screenshot on the video, that has zero relation to the video, it looked like they used a bunch of barrels to launch a "crate" to the end of the game, in Baulder's Gate.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
So I have now created the character I'm going to run through the whole game with. (Haven't had the time to dedicate to it until now.)
Going:
Paladin for Levels 1 and 2 to get Smite.
Warlock for the next 3 Levels to get Pact of the Blade.
Then back to Paladin to Level 12. Should be fun. OH! And I'm going Oathbreaker as a Half Orc with the Dark Urge character.

• 3Like

j00t

So I have now created the character I'm going to run through the whole game with. (Haven't had the time to dedicate to it until now.)
Going:
Paladin for Levels 1 and 2 to get Smite.
Warlock for the next 3 Levels to get Pact of the Blade.
Then back to Paladin to Level 12. Should be fun. OH! And I'm going Oathbreaker as a Half Orc with the Dark Urge character.
just a minor... er.. suggestion? option. if you go 2 more levels in warlock, you can pick up the extra attack invocation (can't remember what it's called atm), you'll end up with 3 attacks. it's not supposed to in tabletop, but the warlock extra attack stacks with the paladin extra attack. personally i don't know if i'd do it? but it's definitely something to think about

• 3Like

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally got around to beating it. I absolutely loved this game but the third act definitely needs a lot of work, particularly that ending. Definitely going to give this another go as evil for all the lulz, but beforehand I gotta catch up on other games.

I'm betting the definitive edition of this will add quite a bit.

• 2Like

j00t

Finally got around to beating it. I absolutely loved this game but the third act definitely needs a lot of work, particularly that ending. Definitely going to give this another go as evil for all the lulz, but beforehand I gotta catch up on other games.

I'm betting the definitive edition of this will add quite a bit.
does larian do definitive editions? i think they just patch the base game till it equals a definitive edition

• 1Like