Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Ahhh the 'ole, "I experienced trauma so I get to act like a fuckwad forever now" excuse. Classic.
I straight drove a stake through his heart in my first playthrough.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
Is anyone else disappointed that you can only fuck Mizora once? Every long rest I hope for more dialogue options so I can sample that sweet devil puss embrace.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Think the one thing I'm really missing about this game, that D:OS had, was telekenisis. Not for the dumb OP throw crates at people bit, but because a level 1 TK allowed you to loot anything within 5 feet without having to move. God damn looting tables of food and you run from end to end to pickup every single item.

Anyone know of any mods that would increase your loot pickup radius like that?

• 2Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Think the one thing I'm really missing about this game, that D:OS had, was telekenisis. Not for the dumb OP throw crates at people bit, but because a level 1 TK allowed you to loot anything within 5 feet without having to move. God damn looting tables of food and you run from end to end to pickup every single item.

It's the thing that I've never really understood with Larian with what a controller can do and a keyboard and mouse can't. As to why not add it to both. With a controller (this also worked in Divinity Original Sin 2 (might also work in 1)) you can hold the loot button for what they call "active search" and a loot circle extends beyond you to around 5-10 feet. Everything inside that circle gets added to one loot table and you can select what to pick up.

Just did a screengrab to show it now

active search.jpg
active search 2.jpg

As you can see, the pulldown bar s large there. Every container and item shows up and lets you interact with them separately. Press a container and that opens up while the list is still there, loot things, move on to next. It's really handy since it also displays "hidden" items, like keys and whatnot that Larian likes to hide under stuff like paintings and crates.

From what I know there is no such thing on kb/m, and don't think I've ever seen a mod for it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm aware of that, and even then it'll list shit alphabetically (I assume?) but they can be on opposite sides of the entire room so you walk back and forth constantly. Its the only real gripe I have with the game compared to how TK looting was in D:OS

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
went back to the previous save, my thoughts being it would make more sense to kill Lazeal and try to make the save checks myself. Apparently the line about pointing out her incompetence, was the Gith’s love language, just go through her questline, call her dumb at its conclusion and now she wants me…again…so yeah, hate fuck the jaundiced goblin. Wonder if I can sacrifice her to the dark Urge now

• 2Worf

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Or someone could just make a mod to remove the need for camping supplies, since it's such a useless and pointless mechanic that only exists so you have to pick up food.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Or someone could just make a mod to remove the need for camping supplies, since it's such a useless and pointless mechanic that only exists so you have to pick up food.

I was just buying the 40 supply packs from vendors every time I went to them. It got to the point I had 20+ or so in the camp storage and just stopped buying them. Just so I didn't have to pick up food.

A mod to just remove it would be good too.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
OBV its there so you dont just long camp after every encounter, but sadly its what prob most people do anyway since its so EZ to spend all of your shit on one encounter, and so EZ to find food. I had hundreds of Lbs of food at my camp so its not like this mechanic did anything other than be annoying. I tried going at least 2-3 encounters per rest though. The major boss and mini boss encounters required a rest after every one though.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
well final fight was a massive let down

i guess its not entirely larian's fault, some of the higher lvl dnd stuff is just game breaking and hard to design around. The globe of invulnerability trivialized what was probably supposed to be a difficult fight of keeping whoever is flayer alive and unbroken concentration for the netherstone channel. instead , my sorc just precast greater invis, then misty step to move up, then arcane gate right to the crown, then once everyone gets thru gate, switch from arcane gate to globe. now just sit around dick in hand waiting for the buggy ass game to finish all the enemy turns until you can enter the netherbrain psyche. once inside its a joke, on tactician or balanced, the netherbrain psyche needs way better resistances or more health. Didnt even have to call on any allies, althogh i did call on zevlor while bored in the globe because fuck him wanted to see his guys die

Raes

Vyemm Raider
OBV its there so you dont just long camp after every encounter, but sadly its what prob most people do anyway since its so EZ to spend all of your shit on one encounter, and so EZ to find food. I had hundreds of Lbs of food at my camp so its not like this mechanic did anything other than be annoying. I tried going at least 2-3 encounters per rest though. The major boss and mini boss encounters required a rest after every one though.

Resting is just another dumb mechanic. But, "realistically" long resting after each encounter makes sense. Because you are on a "game" map that you can travel from one end to the other in minutes walking, or just use a waypoint. The game doesn't try to represent the actual travel distance of hours or days between encounters where you would need to rest from normal fatigue. I mean, the only reason the damn camp exists is so your party has a place to fuck.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Resting is just another dumb mechanic. But, "realistically" long resting after each encounter makes sense. Because you are on a "game" map that you can travel from one end to the other in minutes walking, or just use a waypoint. The game doesn't try to represent the actual travel distance of hours or days between encounters where you would need to rest from normal fatigue. I mean, the only reason the damn camp exists is so your party has a place to fuck.
Resting is a core DnD mechanic, so they had to included it. I just don't see how they could ever make it work right in a video game like this. I think one of their design goals was to accommodate players that don't want to explore ever part of the map, or just plain miss areas like the Underdark.

Maybe a modder through trial and error will be able to find a happy medium, or they can work on the difficulty curve with the definitive edition.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
well final fight was a massive let down

i guess its not entirely larian's fault, some of the higher lvl dnd stuff is just game breaking and hard to design around. The globe of invulnerability trivialized what was probably supposed to be a difficult fight of keeping whoever is flayer alive and unbroken concentration for the netherstone channel. instead , my sorc just precast greater invis, then misty step to move up, then arcane gate right to the crown, then once everyone gets thru gate, switch from arcane gate to globe. now just sit around dick in hand waiting for the buggy ass game to finish all the enemy turns until you can enter the netherbrain psyche. once inside its a joke, on tactician or balanced, the netherbrain psyche needs way better resistances or more health. Didnt even have to call on any allies, althogh i did call on zevlor while bored in the globe because fuck him wanted to see his guys die
my strat on that fight was to murder everything and then slow walk up to the portal like the end of blood of heroes

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah this is why I said way long ago in this thread I liked Larians in house system (Divinity games) better with CDs on skills instead of this DnD resting shit that does not really translate well to video games. Even as a "balance" thing since you have petty much endless rests if you want them. and any encounter if you take them as a single entity, you really dont need any more than spending all of your good shit which pretty much decimates anything in a 1-2 turns anyway. Only a very few encounters, usually boss encounters, last any longer than a few turns anyway. And then you just have to choose what you use more carefully. And even then if you fail once youc an jsut reload and try again until you succeed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
A sweaty hard more in BG3 where strings of encounters had to be fought contiguously with no returning to camp, long-resting etc would be interesting, though it would eliminate a lot of interesting builds that rely on taking a nap after every tough fight.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
A sweaty hard more in BG3 where strings of encounters had to be fought contiguously with no returning to camp, long-resting etc would be interesting, though it would eliminate a lot of interesting builds that rely on taking a nap after every tough fight.
Just play 4 bards bro

I'm actually considering making a 4 bard party lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God