Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
12 is cap. Future mods might increase it, but then the end game would need to be rebalanced around that. Although the game could use a harder setting anyway.
They have a level 20 mod out now. The game is already trivial at ~8 on any difficulty (imo). So at level 20, I feel like each character, as everyone else puts it, would be an outright God. Soloing entire groups of giant tier monsters by themselves.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
104 hours in with a few restarts, about to start act 2.

Amazing game.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Same. Over a hundred hours and a few restarts. Have never been to act 2.
This brings up something I noticed on the forums and reddit everyone defines Act 1/Act 2 differently. Some people think all the way up to the Creche is Act 1, I think the official is act 1 ends with grymforge. I was curious about this because I've been trying to figure out what lvl is possible in Act 1, lvl 6 definitely. Lvl 7 is possible with gaming it a little. Claims of lvl 8 seem to be BS to me, and people claiming lvl 8 are simply including areas that are not act 1

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I finally dipped a toe into Modding and installed the mods necessary to enable the community created Artificer class. It works shockingly well. Flawless? Nope, but certainly better than it has any real right being.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I finally dipped a toe into Modding and installed the mods necessary to enable the community created Artificer class. It works shockingly well. Flawless? Nope, but certainly better than it has any real right being.
Why does it not have a right to be good? Modders have been known to match or outdo devs for years. One guy nodded Diablo 2 to be a better game than the 9000 dev Diablo 4 by a long shot. Not surprised super passionate dnd modders are making good content at all.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This brings up something I noticed on the forums and reddit everyone defines Act 1/Act 2 differently. Some people think all the way up to the Creche is Act 1, I think the official is act 1 ends with grymforge. I was curious about this because I've been trying to figure out what lvl is possible in Act 1, lvl 6 definitely. Lvl 7 is possible with gaming it a little. Claims of lvl 8 seem to be BS to me, and people claiming lvl 8 are simply including areas that are not act 1
I define it as whatever threshold you cross that you can't go back to the illithid crash site.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
IMO mountain pass is act 1, just because when you go through it you end up in the same place that going through the underdark does. Halsin tells you there's two ways to get there, those are the two ways. You don't have to go to grymforge before going to mountain pass - hell you don't need to go to the underdark at all. In the same way, you don't have to go mountain pass at all.

It often gets called act 1.5 though, because it progresses some of the adventure when you go there.

• 1Like

Burns

Act 1 was supposed to be what was available in EA, which, for much of it, was everything up to taking either the mountain pass or the Underdark boat. Then they added the Grymforge area as part of EA, sometime after what would be the halfway point of EA.

I thought there was a still a message when you took the Underdark boat that "this action will advance the story" or some such, just like when you try to take the mountain pass. So I would say advancing the story is really the cut off for "Act 1."

The end of Act 2 kinda muddies the water though, as you get that message before I would consider the end of Act 2. I guess you could say that after that message pops up in Act 2, the next part could be considered the Act 2 finally or some such.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How would you guys rate Act 3 compared to 1 and 2. I still haven't started 3 yet because I was hoping they would top it off but looking to get back in.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Performance took a dive because of how many npcs there are in baldur’s gate.

Seen a lot of people bitch about Act III but it’s been fuck as fuck so far. The city’s got a lot going on.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Act 1 was supposed to be what was available in EA, which, for much of it, was everything up to taking either the mountain pass or the Underdark boat. Then they added the Grymforge area as part of EA, sometime after what would be the halfway point of EA.

I thought there was a still a message when you took the Underdark boat that "this action will advance the story" or some such, just like when you try to take the mountain pass. So I would say advancing the story is really the cut off for "Act 1."

The end of Act 2 kinda muddies the water though, as you get that message before I would consider the end of Act 2. I guess you could say that after that message pops up in Act 2, the next part could be considered the Act 2 finally or some such.

Pretty sure you can travel back into the starter zone all the way until you do the Nightsong stuff, which kind of makes it awkward as act 2 would be basically nothing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How would you guys rate Act 3 compared to 1 and 2. I still haven't started 3 yet because I was hoping they would top it off but looking to get back in.
It's all good.

BG3, like just about every huge RPG, suffers from item/stat inflation near the end where, especially on a first playthrough, you're drowning in abilities and items and if you're on this forum the game has probably gotten trivial enough that you don't really need anything new to roflstomp anything the game throws at you. So that new weapon of badassery will *never* be as interesting as Commander Demon's flaming sword you savescummed 5 times to get in the tutorial.

There's a few bugs and some unfinished content but it's fiiiine. I feel like if you've done Act 2 you should just finish Act 3 now so you don't come back a year later and all the NPCs that roll up to you provoke this response

guardians-of-the-galaxy-who.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It's fun, but I think the other acts are more enjoyable. The final conflict feels a little forced, it was just off at least for me. Like others have mentioned, the ending is a bit of a downer. Just seems like it was rushed out the gate, where the rest of the game was so lovingly crafted. My advice is enjoy the rest of the journey as much as possible, because the final destination is bittersweet.

Still a great game though.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Performance took a dive because of how many npcs there are in baldur’s gate.

Seen a lot of people bitch about Act III but it’s been fuck as fuck so far. The city’s got a lot going on.
This is why I have probably 150+ hours and yet to really go far in a3. The sheer amount of people and architecture makes the game less enjoyable on a steamdeck than a1/a2. Wish they would have either put it in its own load screen area completely (separate from the refugee area before lower city) or removed a bunch of the nameless "Refugee" npc's, though if they did that I'd have to chose who to feed brains to the mindflayer from.

Goonsquad Officer
i found act 3 to be very fun, but abusive of your system. it runs worse because of the npc's all over.

it also suffers from...poor direction. once you land. one of the FIRST mysteries i decided to start...couldn't be resolved until one of the last quests in the game. and there's a lot of that. many storylines lead directly to the ending few quests, but they're given to you in a huge pourage of things going on. so it feels more chaotic than the earlier acts. and some quests feel... i dunno, abrupt. or as though they were inserted/changed because no upper city.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Farthest I got on the first playthrough was the west edge of the map where a warning message popped up. There was a similar point behind the goblin camp. I assumed that's the start of act 2, never found out though because that's when I restarted.

Probably going to restart again after patch 3 drops on Thursday.

• 1Worf

Burns

Pretty sure you can travel back into the starter zone all the way until you do the Nightsong stuff, which kind of makes it awkward as act 2 would be basically nothing.
Being able to travel back to act 1 areas from act 2 areas has nothing to do with it. You can actually skip what ever you want in Act 1. Advancing the story into Act 2 means that Act 1 is irrevocably changed, which is mainly the Tieflings, Druids, and Goblin story.

If you were to skip resolving the Tieflings, Druids, and Goblins, what would happen by default, when you proceeded to the Mountain Pass or Grymforge is: the Druids complete their isolation ritual and kick the Tieflings out, which then get slaughtered on the road while traveling, by the goblin army.