Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Izo

Tranny Chaser
But-but-but...is itthe apple experience?
biggrin.png

Ontopic I'm loving me some BG soon - on PC, thanks
smile.png

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Don't buy on iPad it is buggy and shit, it is fine on pc.
It's really buggy on PC too, at least the new party members are. They're basically the entirety of the new content and one of them won't even start his storyline, while the other one, bugged out twice before I could get it to work, and then got bugged out on the next phase. The third works, but so far hasn't involved any new content, just a short quest to kill a random NPC every act or so. It's an insane ripoff, just download the BGTutu mod and play that.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Actually changed my mind! I want my PC (Kensai dual'd into mage at level 4) + Imoen (thief) + Dorn + Neera. So that takes care of fighters, thief and mage. I just need a cleric and a 6th. New monk sounds like a snore feft. I don't care if my party is evil or good, as long as Imoen Neera and Dorn stick around.

Any tips for the remaining 2 slots?

Azrayne

Actually changed my mind! I want my PC (Kensai dual'd into mage at level 4) + Imoen (thief) + Dorn + Neera. So that takes care of fighters, thief and mage. I just need a cleric and a 6th. New monk sounds like a snore feft. I don't care if my party is evil or good, as long as Imoen Neera and Dorn stick around.

Any tips for the remaining 2 slots?
imo either the dwarf from the cloakwood mines or the human chick from the nashkel fair for cleric, maybe minsc for the last spot? That's pretty much my current party. Main (sorc), neera, dorn, minsc, imoen, cloakwood dwarf.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
imo either the dwarf from the cloakwood mines or the human chick from the nashkel fair for cleric, maybe minsc for the last spot? That's pretty much my current party. Main (sorc), neera, dorn, minsc, imoen, cloakwood dwarf.
Minsc has to come with his wife right? Package deal or nothing IIRC.

Also Yeslick is Lawful good (that's the cloakwood dwarf right?) - how does that work with Dorn in your party?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Kill Dynaheir, and kick her while she's grey. As long as you rescued her Minsc will shut the fuck up about her.

Azrayne

Kill Dynaheir, and kick her while she's grey. As long as you rescued her Minsc will shut the fuck up about her.
yeah this. Or if you want to keep her alive for whatever reason, kill Minsc, kick Dynaheir, then rez Minsc, has the same result. Can also do this with Xzar/Montaron and Khalid/Jaheira.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Never played Baldurs Gate, I wonder If i will able to appreciate it after all these years..
Honestly, maybe not. The UI on it has not aged well at all. I've not played the new release of it yet, but I doubt the overhauled it that much.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Honestly, maybe not. The UI on it has not aged well at all. I've not played the new release of it yet, but I doubt the overhauled it that much.
Th UI is not too bad. I don't think you can remap keys though which sucks balls. Maybe in the ini somewhere...

The worst part of playing BG1 for the first time now I think would be the slow/capped leveling curve. Character progression happens very slowly for a video game and most classes don't actually get to see any customization at all when they level up (you probably know that already if you ever played D&D). And frankly the world itself is quite empty in the beginning. Most zones have 2-3 encounters and there's no dungeon to speak of until the mines, I think, which is mid-way through chapter 2. I liked BG2 and IWD better in that regard. I seem to remember they both hooked me more quickly than BG1.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you're going to play it on a PC, I still say you're far better served by getting the entire BG series and modding it all together with BG Trilogy (or Tutu, I guess some people still prefer it but I think it's obsolete now). I've seen nothing to indicate that whatever Beamdog did is remotely as good as simply putting BG1 into the BG2 engine.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
I m about half way through and I absolutely agree with the above. Besides the new content (which, really, is not that good) I fail to see how the game has been enhanced. Top of the list along with resolution support and other things they did do should have been an overhaul for looting and inventory management. It's the same old click on every tiny pile of loot to see if there is anything good. In a game where you often fight a dozen monsters at a time, it's retarded. I cannot stand the looting on PC and cannot even imagine the pain it must be on a tablet.

No in game key remapping is beyond stupid too. If enhanced was supposed to mean bringing an old game to current standards, it failed.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
my GF does all the looting. level 6 and 40k cash in our pockets, she's still happy to find 13 gold in a barrel...

Doleo

Trakanon Raider
iPad seems good since last patch. I haven't crashed yet.

One question for the community. I have a shit ton of gold. Does anyone have a vendor list / locations where to buy good magical items from vendors? I am also looking for any containers. I only have a potion case so far.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Neera (companion) comes with the only gem bag in the game. Wizard in High Hedge sells either potion or scroll case. I have all 3 but cannot remember where I got the 3rd one.

For vendors: the smith in Beregost has a great dagger and shadow armor (leather with hiding bonus). That I usually get for Imoen. Same NPC also offers a quest that costs cash to complete - for a great reward. Or you can get same reward for free (I usually need both):

If you get Ankheg shells from north of Friendly arm inn (where Ajantir is i think) you can bring the smith one and for 4000 gold you get a kickass heavy armor - there is also another one hidden in a stash in the fields south west of beregost

Wizard in high hedge has some scrolls and wands.

That's about it unless you install a mod (couple of vendor mods that work with BGEE). Unless you're opened BG of course.