Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
http://kotaku.com/baldurs-gate-enhan...re-b-514496494
Beamdog President_sl said:
Dear Friends of Baldur's Gate,
We recently removed Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition from sale on Beamdog and the Apple App Store. We've taken this step at our publishing partner's request as we attempt to resolve a number of contractual issues.
Unfortunately, until this matter is resolved, we are unable to release the latest Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition patch or Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Android.
This also prevents the launch of Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. I sincerely apologize to the series' fans and promise we are working diligently to remedy the situation.
Regards,
Trent Oster
President, Beamdog & Overhaul Games

Braen

<Medals Crew>
They have resolved their legal issues and it is back on sale everywhere and they are working on the big patch again.

Serwol_sl

shitlord
Just having a much larger field of view has made this game many times more enjoyable than the original, and the original was awesome anyway.

Rhuobhe

N00b
Baldur's Gate? I rather have a less resource intensive OS. Even EQ Titanium works on 8. It's not my fault Overhaul cannot sell quality.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
More resource intencive? Well when Windows 7 gets to the point where it slows down my machine where I have any noticible difference in anything I do what so ever then I guess maybe I'll switch.

Since that never happens...ever, I'll be content playing any game I want on the market on it.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
More resource intencive? Well when Windows 7 gets to the point where it slows down my machine where I have any noticible difference in anything I do what so ever then I guess maybe I'll switch.

Since that never happens...ever, I'll be content playing any game I want on the market on it.
^^ This. Seriously. If Windows 7 is too "resource intensive" for you, then you need better fucking resources. Hell, the only reason I upgraded from XP to 7 was for more ram and directx.

Rhuobhe

N00b
who's asking you to switch... anyways its all a matter of preference. the difference is almost marginal. slap on an SSD on the same two machines and show me which one boots faster.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Coming in late, how does this version compare to the original (worth buying?) and any ideas on when to expect BG2?

I consider BG2 to be the best game ever made.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
who's asking you to switch... anyways its all a matter of preference. the difference is almost marginal. slap on an SSD on the same two machines and show me which one boots faster.
I have an SSD in my Win 7 computer and it boots up enough, desktop is ready by the time I return from the fridge with my ice cream gallon. I guess with 8 I could sprint to the fridge and back, I just don't see the point

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I have an SSD in my Win 7 computer and it boots up enough, desktop is ready by the time I return from the fridge with my ice cream gallon. I guess with 8 I could sprint to the fridge and back, I just don't see the point
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Quineloe again.