Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Braen

<Medals Crew>
http://www.baldursgateii.com/

Releases November 15th

Become a God.

Kidnapped. Imprisoned. Tortured. The wizard Irenicus holds you captive in his stronghold, attempting to strip you of the powers that are your birthright.

Can you resist the evil within you, forge a legend of heroic proportions, and ultimately destroy the dark essence that haunts your dreams? Or will you embrace your monstrous nature, carve a swath of destruction across the realms, and ascend to godhood as the new Lord of Murder?

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition brings this critically acclaimed role-playing experience to PC, Mac, iPad, and Android

Dragons. Drow. Giants. Destroy them all.

Lead your party of skilled adventurers into intense, tactical battles. Lure your enemies into deadly traps, call down magical meteors to smash them, and stop time itself to win the day. A diverse array of powers and abilities let you transform into a being of pure elemental force, or wield the might of the heavens with the Holy Avenger.

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition combines both Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal. Bundled with the game on PC and Mac, and available as DLC on iPad and Android, are four diverse new characters, each with their own epic quest. Venture to the distant sands of Zakhara with your new companions, or lead them in a raid upon the home of the gods.

The Bhaalspawn Saga, Enhanced.

The Final Chapter - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition includes Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal, the epic conclusion of the Bhaalspawn saga.

Four New Party Members - Bundled with the PC and Mac versions and available as DLC for iPad and Android, four new characters can join you on your journey. At the behest of his dark patron, Dorn Il-Khan plunders and defiles the Sword Coast. Hunted by Red Wizards, Neera the Wild Mage evades and disrupts the Thayans at every turn. Exercising his growing combat mastery, the monk Rasaad yn Bashir leaves his former allies to hunt the dark figure that corrupted his brother. A mysterious thief in service to mysterious master seeks powerful artifacts from across the globe. Recruit them, use their powers, and uncover over 30 new locations.

The Black Pits 2: Gladiators of Thay - Explore the tactical depth of high-level Dungeons & Dragons combat. Undermine your captors and prey upon their weaknesses while you dodge traps and battle for your life against Demi-Liches, Mind Flayers, and Githyanki.

Easy Multiplayer - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition makes it easy to find, list, and join multiplayer games, even while behind a firewall.
Widescreen and More - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition features full widescreen support, remastered area artwork from original renders, and a host of other interface and gameplay improvements.

Pre-purchase Now!

Finally picked this up and the latest patched really did add some nice upgrades including better UI and crisp fonts. Doing solo multiplayer mode so I can make all 6 characters. Current setup is:

- Paladin (Blackguard)
- Fighter (Dwarven Defender)
- Bard (Skald)
- Cleric (Priest of Lathander)
- Thief (Swashbuckler)
- Sorcerer (Dragon Disciple)

All classes I never tried back in the day when the game first came out. Gonna take this party all the way through Throne of Bhaal.
tongue.png

rrr_img_49099.jpg

Citz

Silver Squire
Did they ever fix the multiplayer issues? I used to play with some friends but we got tired of reloading the game everytime we zoned. It crashed every single time we changed to a new map.

Tol_sl

shitlord
New UI from the megapatch is fantastic. Looking forward to playing this for the millionth time. I'm in the nashkal mines now, and it seems like they've added some ridiculous stuff. There's a 1 handed mace that has 25% chance to stun, it's pretty nuts. The weird thing was it was just sitting in a drawer somewhere in beregrost. I need to check out what else they added, but BG2 kits and some of the weapons seem pretty cool.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
yes preordered it. Haven't even turned it on yet, but now that they're both on my steam account I forsee replaying the entire series from start to finish for the first time in a very long time

bayr_sl

shitlord
My first impressions of BG2:EE are very positive. It looks great, the text is so sharp and easy to read compared to how small everything would be if you used the weidu widescreen mod. I haven't noticed that many changes, but there's a new loot thing so you can see everything on the ground in an area instead of clicking on every pile

My first impressions of BG2:EE are very positive. It looks great, the text is so sharp and easy to read compared to how small everything would be if you used the weidu widescreen mod. I haven't noticed that many changes, but there's a new loot thing so you can see everything on the ground in an area instead of clicking on every pile
Heh, I'm not even looking at the changes... BG2 was about as perfect a game as it gets.

Need to finish my current BG1 play through and import my bitch in to BG2 once I get to the xp cap.

My last BG2+TOB playthrough was a little ridiculous as a Kensai/Thief so this time going something different should be interesting

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Been playing this recently. BG2 with all the mods I have is sooo huge. Just Region of Terror and Check the Bodies is insane.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I know I am niche at best but does not work on triple monitor. Well it does but it is set to the far left side so using up 1 and 1/2 monitor space, is there any way to set the resolution manually? Found the ini file in BG EE but don't see one for BG2.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
Been playing this recently. BG2 with all the mods I have is sooo huge. Just Region of Terror and Check the Bodies is insane.
Do these mods work with the Enhanced editions? If so, I may have to go ahead and purchase these.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No idea, sorry, but I'd guess no.

I didn't use these when I built my BG2 installation a year or two ago but from what I just now looked up these are probably the best resources to get everything in order:

FAQ for the Megamods. - Mega Mod Help - Spellhold Studios
BWP v12 - Mega Mod Help - Spellhold Studios

Be warned though that there's no streamlined experience here and if you want to complete some quests you'll need to google, use the debug console commands and pop open infinity editor to figure out what's going on and maybe edit the quest scripts.

Also if you install certain mods (Sword Coast Strategems and some others) enemy mages will use total bullshit cheese-fest.