Ballers (HBO show with The Rock)

fris

Vyemm Raider
Rundown is a great example of how Rock can make an amazing action movie. i'll second that i'd love to see him continue that role. that movie really followed the Twins formula of big action star and perfect comedic sidekick.

looking forward to this show.

spronk

FPS noob
looks cool never really got into sports shows or entourage but i'll watch it for the rock, i hope this convinces schwarzenegger and vin diesel to do (good) (cable) TV shows too

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I want a arnie in young makeup mini series on hbo about the pheonix on the sword.....

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Rundown is a great example of how Rock can make an amazing action movie. i'll second that i'd love to see him continue that role. that movie really followed the Twins formula of big action star and perfect comedic sidekick.

looking forward to this show.
Yeah, Rundown was solid. I also kind of dug Walking Tall. Good action movies.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
show is tonight! gotta dvr it though, got some baseball to watch first! cant wait though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I dunno anything about footballs so this was like woosh. All I got out of it is that black people are bad with money.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Chris Rock_sl said:
When white people get rich they're just rich forever and ever. Even their kids are rich. But when a black guy gets rich, it's countdown to when he's poor again.
This man said it well.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I dunno anything about footballs so this was like woosh. All I got out of it is that black people are bad with money.
Oh wait, I'm wrong. I do know something about footballs. (Tom Brady is the greatest quarterbackof all time.)

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Is this suppose to be a comedy? Maybe I'm just not part of the targeted demographic... show was a complete miss for me.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Didn't love the pilot. Seemed very self serving and almost nauseating in its desire to paint retired athletes as people we should feel sorry for. The scene where the white kid rips into the black WR was just fucking stupid, nobody would do that shit in real life. That was some shit you'd see in a spike lee movie. Would have a lot more respect for the show if the kid had instigated by spilling a drink on his girl or something.

spronk

FPS noob
a lot of stuff went over my head. like is the rock broke as fuck? where did he get the $300k to loan then? what the fuck is his job anyways, he seemed to not want to manage anyones money (cuz he sucks at it) but he's not an agent so... what? All that stuff about the guy talking to the Forrest Gump guy about another player I didn't understand at all. A bit more structure and better setup would have made it better.

good titties, not enough though.

Simas_sl

shitlord
The Rock's job is manage other people's money, but the reason he was hired in the first place is because he is friends with famous people. They spelled that out in one scene.

I liked the show, but it needs to balance the comedy and drama better. I can't tell how seriously its taking itself.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The Rock's job is really to recruit clients for a large financial management firm.