Ballers (HBO show with The Rock)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
They also mentioned that the rock is slow to bring in his friends as clients after himself losing all his money to a financial advisor.

That's a big thing in sports, predatory agents and such that take/lose an athlete money.

Ganthorn

N00b
This man said it well.
More like when poor people get suddenly rich its countdown. Just look at lottery winners. A large amount of them somehow blow millions of dollars in a short time. The acting/sports/famous person is extra bad because they try to keep up with their peers cars houses etc but it is just a chain of you see everyone else doing it so you do it and then each set of new people see everyone else doing it etc.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Favorite parts was Peter Berg and Gus from Psych showing up, hopefully theyre on the show more Cordry was good also

Pizoi

Golden Squire
It was enjoyable enough. Entourage was a guilty pleasure of mine, so I guess this is right in my wheelhouse. It's definitely not something I'll be on the edge of my seat waiting for every week, but it's good enough earn 30 minutes of my time. Hope it gets better.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Episode 1 showed some promise, kinda, but episode 2 was just meh all around. No titties to speak of, which should be an every ep type of thing. Entourage's great appeal was that it was funny, and it showcased tons of hot 23yr old mattresses (Model/actresses) getting naked. So far this show is lacking in funny, and if you were to start slacking on the amount of mattress titties being shown, well, that just tears it.

The other issue with this show, is it's hard to show the perspective of an athlete, since there's always a looming deadline on the money coming in from multi-million dollar paychecks. It may be 5 years, or 10 years, or maybe even 15, but it's inevitably over as soon as your body can no longer handle it. This fact casts a pall over this perspective that Entourage didn't have. The tone there was much more free-spirited. In the world of hollywood, you can theoretically reinvent yourself every few years and continue to make big time bucks, so this adds to an atmosphere of "anything's possible if I can just do X to get back on top/get that next role/get that next paycheck!"

That leaves you to show the perspective of the agents (Rock and Corddry), which is probably a tougher sell for the audience to sympathize with, since as one dirtbag on this show said already, "Deep down you're just a hustler like all the rest".

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Financial adviser... didn't know he had a second bank account... Love the rock and most of the stuff he does so going to give this a couple more episodes, but it's not really getting more interesting from the second episode.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It really just isn't funny. They are doing a bad job of making me care about any of the characters too, except for maybe Mr. Ford Salesman.

Sterling

El Presidente
It really just isn't funny. They are doing a bad job of making me care about any of the characters too, except for maybe Mr. Ford Salesman.
Yeah almost every character on this show is unlikable. You can have douchebag characters, but they need to be interesting and these guys just aren't. The car salesman guy is fine I guess, but everyone else is just shit.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This show has everything it needs budget and production-wise, but it's just not that great. I'll stick around for a couple more episodes, but out of HBO's Sunday line-up, this is the worst right now. I'm enjoying Brink.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brink is pretty damn funny. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it and actually be interested in the storyline.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, Brink has definitely been better than this. If I didn't think football was the greatest sport in the world I would probably be close to not tuning in after one more flat episode.

spronk

FPS noob
i watched this instead of brink, i choose poorly. This show seems executive producer heavy, if you watch the credits its got like 15 EPs including mark wahlberg

guess i'll watch brink this week. last week tonight is still great though, its the best part of the hbo sunday lineup now that GoT/Veep is done for the year.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Brink is pretty bad. While I wouldn't say it is "similar" to the Newsroom, for some reason I get the same feeling when watching it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That business partner friend of that guy that needed $300k is a real piece of shit. No wonder he's broke. People do stupid stuff with money.

I watched that 30 for 30 episode called Broke, and it's a documentary form of this same show. People piss away so much cash.