Bandwagon's Drones Thread

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Would a used DJI Mavic Pro 4k be a good starter drone? Thinking of having it follow me on some pretty raods while on my motorcycle.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've been watching ebay and some go for around $500 but they do seem to be bid on a lot. Saw this earlier but I am unsure about spending that much on something I might now use very often, but it does seem like a good deal at the price.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Whew. Crazy month. Just had an 8 hour meeting with a few GIS users from my company and the new AEC leads for ESRI. We basically showed them what we do now and what R&D projects we're working on. Talk about how they could better adapt their software for AEC, complaints, wishlists, etc. Really good people and I think they're some of the first that understand that we work project to project and not long-term management of a single site like most of their users. One of the guys actually did the same thing I did. He had a small drone business and went to work for ESRI after a few years of seeing that ag wasn't the promised land. They were impressed by our R&D stuff and offered some opportunities based on what we already have up and running. Hopefully I'll get to share that in a bit.

Theres a big ESRI + 3DR arrangement coming down the pipes too.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
We just finished doing an internal review/survey of all the guinea pigs that have been testing the workflow for digital data collection & automated reports. 100% positive feedback, thank god. Just got a call yesterday from one of the board members that was basically - "Ok, let's turn this R&D project into your new group. Give me a proposal on what this thing is going to look like". Pretty exciting stuff and I already had a concept sketch of what it's going to look like, but no fucking idea what to really call it. It's GIS & UAS, but also other "tech" stuff that is useful to the whole company, but doesn't directly fit into any of our other service groups. Geoslam Lidar, 24/7 job site cameras, IOT air monitoring sensors, bathymetry scanning, thermal & multispectral, etc. It's basically nerd toys for data collection & delivery.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
heh hey i thought that up in 5 minutes.,..

how about,,,

where we put all this data shit for storage, analysis, collation and disemination to clients.

wwpatdsfsacadtc

• 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
heh hey i thought that up in 5 minutes.,..

how about,,,

where we put all this data shit for storage, analysis, collation and disemination to clients.

wwpatdsfsacadtc
The idea I heard yesterday was "FutureTech", lol. That one is ripe for jokes. It's going to end up being something close to what you had. Something like "Digital Data collection & delivery".

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Rough hike in here today. Would have missed the snow if we were a week earlier.

20191011_075738.jpg

20191011_075723.jpg

20191011_094845.jpg

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Holy crap, 76 still exists? I haven't seen that orange ball in almost 20 years

• 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Pretty excited I just got this working today, ~18 hours before our company-wide summit where we are going to be presenting a bunch of this stuff.

The dashboards are already really popular and we're using them on 3 big projects and about 7 different proposals so far, but I haven't been able to get a good solution for editing records to work the way I wanted without exposing the entire database to editing. Now, I have these things set up to filter out entries on sensitive projects and hide sensitive fields be creating a view layer from my database with those filters applied. I can publish a new survey against the larger database and limit the editable fields, then embed it in the interactive dashboard. Works really well.

The "Carousel" on the left is a slide-over navigation bar that lets people switch between all of the dashboards, apps and surveys in the same page. The one shown is what I'm setting up now because we're ordering a bunch of tablets for new drone operators and also field staff that's about to start using these digital forms.

assetedit.png

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Got this exact one for my kids last month, but in the gold color (it's like a reddish gold though). It has sensors to avoid objects, so you basically wave your hand in front of it and it moves away, if it gets close to a wall or something, it moves away. It won't take off into the sky, if it doesn't sense anything above it, it will drop back down after a couple seconds. So much fun, my 2 year old was jumping up and down in pure joy, the older kids were enthralled as well. No, this isn't my video. Only lasts like 7 minutes though and takes like a bit over half an hour to recharge; this one had a longer flying time than most of the others and a quicker recharge. It seems to be a bit quieter than in the videos. I wish I had toys like this growing up! Well worth the money, very cheap.

• 1Like