Bandwagon's Drones Thread

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Lol, the spying on daughter thing is new, but the rest of that story has been in the news for a few days.

I honestly support the people that shoot down the drones...on a case-by-case basis. Supposedly, the telemetry logs from the drone completely destroy this guys story, though.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
One of the reasons i prefer to use an LCD instead of goggles is so that people can see what my camera sees when i film in public places. Stops alot of arguments before they start.

edit: The video i posted awhile back of the French tallship L'Hermione has almost 5k views on youtube now, over half internationally. I was contacted by a french filmographer who's compiling a documentary of the voyage and wants to use my footage!

Remit_sl

shitlord
Well, I just ordered an XK Detect x380 and a Xiaomi Yi camera (and a prop balancer and a few other things). After I get a few flights under my belt, I am either going to get a gimbal or an FPV setup (or both).

Remit_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_105938.jpg

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Is anyone here proficient at graphic design work? I've been using a logo for my company that I "lifted" from a site, and I haven't gotten a response in 2 months from the artist.
My partner's brother sketched something up one night, out of the blue, but he's apparently working on a graphic novel and way past a deadline right now. I think it just needs needs some touch up and hopefully a few changes, but all I have is a scan of his sketch.

It sounds like we're going to be in the news pretty soon, and I really don't want to be using a stolen image when that happens.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would go looking in one of the other threads where I know theyve had those artsy fartsy folks. Better than hoping they read this thread.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Any idea where the artsy fartsy folks are lurking? I searched the forums for photoshop, graphic, design and didn't see something relevant. I don't want to post a new thread if I'm just not finding the right spot.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Flir Lepton, and the drone thermal breakout board just arrived. Free, in exchange for some usage videos.
Edit: I wasn't expecting much for 80x60, but it's actually kind of impressive. I'll try to get some videos up later
rrr_img_106536.jpg

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Had some issues with the Lepton + dronethermal board. I think it was a faulty mode button on the board.

Anyways, Here is a quick video from the Tau2 that just arrived today. The flir logo in the bottom right is supposedly permanent because this was a free/demo camera, so I need to try to figure out if I can remove it or crop it out so I can use this for crop mapping.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I still check it, been busy and not where I can invest big money into this yet. My Eachine H8 and dromida ominus have both survived german shephard bites and soldiering on. Have given 2 H8's away and thinking Im going to buy like 5 more for gifts at $15 for one +spare batteries. Even got my skeptical dad an Electrical Engineer to start expireminting with a Cheerson nano.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
It's really tempti,g to build a 250mm quad for fpv racing. Local 3d printing place wants me to test a new filament they're making for drone builders, so the only thing I would really need is the power system.
My girlfriends brother is giving me an rPi he never used, so I'm thinking about using that for a flight controller.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
3d of a small vineyard. Quality isn't too high because all of the shots were top-down, but it shows the elevation well.