Bandwagon's Drones Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
So Bandwagon Bandwagon here is how you do the one site.

Code:
https://pbs-env.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Styler/index.html?appid=a59a69688e2f41e2a36ee2fdaa8a4efc&lat=45.34451&lon=-121.70946&zoom=21&tilt=60&heading=40

This URL or one like it just needs to be dumped into the box with nothing else. Just dump it into the quick reply and type underneath it and you will automatically have it embedded.

I need to log on to wintermute later and do the rest of your sites.
Thanks man! You always do this stuff when I'm not at work. I'll play with some more. The width isn't scaled to mobile though? Not for me at least

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Thanks man! You always do this stuff when I'm not at work. I'll play with some more. The width isn't scaled to mobile though? Not for me at least
Do you want me to also create an app that aggregates everything for you?!?!

All I did was build up an iframe with their specifications from their website. If it looks like shit and doesn't scale *shrug*

Not hating on you but you are the only person that will ever use this on the entire forum and you will probably do so like 10 times over a few years so my effort to get it just perfect on every platform is going to be low :p

I spent maybe an hour screwing around with it and mapillary before I gave up on mapillary but got this one working!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Do you want me to also create an app that aggregates everything for you?!?!

All I did was build up an iframe with their specifications from their website. If it looks like shit and doesn't scale *shrug*

Not hating on you but you are the only person that will ever use this on the entire forum and you will probably do so like 10 times over a few years so my effort to get it just perfect on every platform is going to be low :p

I spent maybe an hour screwing around with it and mapillary before I gave up on mapillary but got this one working!!

Oh hell, unwind those undies, man. ;) I appreciate all your work on the forum overall, this included. I just have no idea what's involved in setting this stuff up. Fiddle with it as much as you have an interest to, ignore my comments for the rest.

And get a f'in drone already. You said you were going to like 2 years ago.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Oh hell, unwind those undies, man. ;) I appreciate all your work on the forum overall, this included. I just have no idea what's involved in setting this stuff up. Fiddle with it as much as you have an interest to, ignore my comments for the rest.

And get a f'in drone already. You said you were going to like 2 years ago.
I have a DJI Pro 3 but my brother was using it in Cali for stuff with his kids scout troop.

I got it back last month and need to get flying again.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Placeholder so I don't have to search for it later.

Code:
<div class="sketchfab-embed-wrapper"><iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://sketchfab.com/models/1d8a1e38b7c14aebba98d02fd25c5a6a/embed?camera=0&amp;preload=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen; vr" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

<p style="font-size: 13px; font-weight: normal; margin: 5px; color: #4A4A4A;">
    <a href="https://sketchfab.com/models/1d8a1e38b7c14aebba98d02fd25c5a6a?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campaign=share-popup" target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">Pika_Girl</a>
    by <a href="https://sketchfab.com/graylancer?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campaign=share-popup" target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">graylancer</a>
    on <a href="https://sketchfab.com?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campaign=share-popup" target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">Sketchfab</a>
</p>
</div>

Code:
https://sketchfab.com/models/1d8a1e38b7c14aebba98d02fd25c5a6a

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
back to my plan i posted
i did 80% overlap@70% camera angle the main issue with the building top is,..its a tall fucking spire, i flew it at 150' and the top of the spire was at about 125' no worries that way. came out good otherwise. i am happy, client is happy, was a pain to get to the site though- ~90 minute drive to the site. site survey and flight took 6 hr, then the drive home took 3 hrs (traffic).

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
back to my plan i posted
i did 80% overlap@70% camera angle the main issue with the building top is,..its a tall fucking spire, i flew it at 150' and the top of the spire was at about 125' no worries that way. came out good otherwise. i am happy, client is happy, was a pain to get to the site though- ~90 minute drive to the site. site survey and flight took 6 hr, then the drive home took 3 hrs (traffic).

That sounds like my trips. We're doing a ton of solar sites lately. I'm playing around with using these web maps to help find section corners and take field notes. Coming in handy so far. The GIS web maps aren't something that's included in the scope or anything we're selling yet, but the clients are liking them. I just have my initial planning layers in here right now, as well as a photo layer from my field work. Once all of the imagery & survey is done, I'll add that to the map and send the hosted feature & tile layer links to the client to pull into their GIS.

Web map - http://arcg.is/1S8KLy

Virtual tour - 66137 | EcoPlexus | Madras, OR | Virtual tour generated by PBS

Misc vids -

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
ya, this solar company im doin worl for is landing clients left and right. They are using AR for sales and im building an AR siteplanner for layouts too.

Here is the sales, I expanded all the menus thats why its cluttered.
image0.png

Menu options
menu.png

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Anyone know what kind of bird this is? This is the first time I've had one stalking a multirotor drone, and I fly in this area all the time.

tlac.jpg

Last edited:

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
NOT sure cannot see a clear enough shot of the bird
it could be
turkey vulture
red tail
sharp shin
or another maybe a juvenile eagle

best way to tell is from underneath the bird

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
If from underneath the wings are dark, most likely turkey vulture.
if light with a red tail...red tail
if all light - sharp shin/other

• 1Like

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
solar related. Lighting some stuff, need to toss an invis box around so the lights dont affect other models nearby

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Man I never know what any of your videos are actually showing.

I was freezing my balls off and dodging Cessnas every 10 minutes at this place today.

67396_LittlePlanet.jpg

67396_MartinAirfield.jpg