Barbie (2023)

Juvarisx

Florida
At some point thats basic human nature, hate/outrage sells far more than praise/uplifting content.

But on the other hand its not his fault the overwhelming vast majority of media made today is shit specifically because its made by woke retards. Disney and the like should ALWAYS be called out for their woke retardation.

I'll leave it at this, and hey I agree with you.

Nothing calls them out more then taking massive losses on shit like Indy 5 (though from what I understand that movie had vastly more issues then woke culture), or like IDK The Marvels which I assume will bomb, then not going or being totally apathic towards it. Not watching trailers which gives them ad monies, not going to the theatre which is their bread and butter, not renting it for $20 bucks on VOD or not engaging on Disney+ which you have to keep so your kid can watch Coco on a loop, gets to the bean counters which effects change.

I have been totally guilty of being totally fine with "woke" films when the subject matter warrants it. I get why Get Out was popular, or Brokeback should have won Best Picture and being totally fine that Fury Road passed some feminist test. You can make these films entertaining to everyone while having a message of hey women can be super badass too, but they have to earn it. Let shit like the Marvels flop, or the new Snow White or whatever, but I am tired of the outrage culture behind it. IDK, I am not terminally online anymore like I used to be, so I may be out of touch about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I have been totally guilty of being totally fine with "woke" films when the subject matter warrants it. I get why Get Out was popular, or Brokeback should have won Best Picture and being totally fine that Fury Road passed some feminist test. You can make these films entertaining to everyone while having a message of hey women can be super badass too, but they have to earn it. Let shit like the Marvels flop, or the new Snow White or whatever, but I am tired of the outrage culture behind it. IDK, I am not terminally online anymore like I used to be, so I may be out of touch about it.
You can be tired of it, but your enemies are eating this up. Thinking these "battles" are beneath you and dont need to be fought because its childish is exactly why weve gotten to this point in the first place.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

All these tiktok videos make it look fun. I won't go to cinema but I'll definitely download it

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Movie was funny. Anyone fighting a battle on the internet over Barbie is retarded. But hey if you are mad about Barbie keep feeding into the "outrage" or whatever.

• 2Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
a lot is being awfully harsh, I mean off the top of my head I can only think of @Nirgon @Bandwagon Rajaah Rajaah Chukzombi Chukzombi @Gavinmad

ok yeah, I see your point

Since you brought me up, I'm in shape (though not as much as 5 years ago) and I've been with my share of women (though not nearly as many as I wanted to). Also I have no beef with this movie. Ya dingus.

is barbie actually maga?

It's actually super interesting that Barbie is more popular in red states. What I'm taking away from this map is that New Hampshire and Virginia are staying blue in 2024 while Georgia is flipping back to red. Look at all those dead-even swing states. ...that or this map means absolutely nothing to the political spectrum. Not surprised New Mexico loves Oppenheimer, given that nuclear testing is a part of the cultural identity in that area. Basically has legendary status so of course intrigue would be high for a movie about it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Since you brought me up, I'm in shape (though not as much as 5 years ago) and I've been with my share of women (though not nearly as many as I wanted to). Also I have no beef with this movie. Ya dingus.

It's actually super interesting that Barbie is more popular in red states. What I'm taking away from this map is that New Hampshire and Virginia are staying blue in 2024 while Georgia is flipping back to red. Look at all those dead-even swing states. ...that or this map means absolutely nothing to the political spectrum. Not surprised New Mexico loves Oppenheimer, given that nuclear testing is a part of the cultural identity in that area. Basically has legendary status so of course intrigue would be high for a movie about it.
It means lots of little girls who love Barbie.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Final numbers finished seven million above the estimate, at $162M. This film is like the anti-Flash.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Don't understand why folks are outraged over the movie, how many horrible Toy IPs did Hollywood make for 'Boys' that were horrible retarded dogshit over the past 50 yrs? 80? 100?

It's about time women got their childhoods hijacked and ruined too.

• 3Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It's about time women got their childhoods hijacked and ruined too.

Yes, the box office numbers for Barbie truly reflect the female rage aimed at this movie.

The worst part was when Ken killed Optimus Prime

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think the most egregious cultural grafitti I've seen in the last few years was what Kevin Smith did to He-Man, bringing him back to be a pathetic loser while all of the actual heavy lifting was done by a super-masculine woman with bigger muscles than him (who was the real star of the movie, of course). I'll save my head-shaking disapproval for stuff like that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Yes, the box office numbers for Barbie truly reflect the female rage aimed at this movie.

The worst part was when Ken killed Optimus Prime

The numbers are profitable but they arent blockbuster. The hype about the amount of money this has taken in is more overblown than climate change.

I am sure the studio victory laps are more about being pumped they didn't make another Female Ghostbusters.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think the most egregious cultural grafitti I've seen in the last few years was what Kevin Smith did to He-Man, bringing him back to be a pathetic loser while all of the actual heavy lifting was done by a super-masculine woman with bigger muscles than him (who was the real star of the movie, of course). I'll save my head-shaking disapproval for stuff like that.
apparently Kevin Smith had absolutely nothing to do with the making of She-man. he was hired as their faceman to sell it for his nerds. they just cancelled the live action movie due to lack of interest. gogo Kevin.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
apparently Kevin Smith had absolutely nothing to do with the making of She-man. he was hired as their faceman to sell it for his nerds. they just cancelled the live action movie due to lack of interest. gogo Kevin.
He was Executive Producer and has writing credits.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The numbers are profitable but they arent blockbuster. The hype about the amount of money this has taken in is more overblown than climate change.

I am sure the studio victory laps are more about being pumped they didn't make another Female Ghostbusters.
Are you retarded? Yes, it's a blockbuster. It's the biggest opening of the year and probably will stay that way. It's #20 all time. And it's doing that with the IMAX screens monopolized by Oppenheimer and MI7. I guess Mario and Maverick, as examples, weren't blockbusters? Idiots will twist anything to try to fit their narrative.

And given its budget is less than a lot of the films above and below it, it's going to be plenty profitable.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Are you retarded? Yes, it's a blockbuster. It's the biggest opening of the year and probably will stay that way. It's #20 all time. I guess Mario and Maverick, as examples, weren't blockbusters? Idiots will twist anything to try to fit their narrative.

And given its budget is less than a lot of the films above and below it, it's going to be plenty profitable.

You are quite a Ken aren't you?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
being outraged by a movie, for any reason, is silly. i'm not saying you shouldn't be outraged, they are your emotions and you should feel free to have them. just know that it's a movie, and if the movie has a great message or a terrible one, it isn't really going to do anything outside of minorly fluctuate the cultural zeitgeist of the times. yes, there are a whole bunch of blue hairs and dick choppers that have attached themselves to this movie for some reason, but ultimately it's not really going to do much of anything one way or another. the passion of the christ was a prenominal movie with a heartfelt and pure message and i'm pretty sure it didn't really make anyone behave any different

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users