Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1690134428005.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He has positively reviewed movies in 9 of his last 20 videos. So... yeah, you're not a fan of his, but he definitely isn't just bashing on shitty movies. If his POV doesn't match yours, that's fine. He may very well do an Oppenheimer review this week. Anyhow, find a critic who is on your wavelength or don't. I enjoy Critical Drinker and Heelvsbabyface.
again, it's not that he ONLY reviews stuff he hates. he doesn't. it's not even really his fault that i'm bored with him and his crew... Juvarisx pointed it out exactly, hate reviews get significantly more views than good reviews, so they all make a ton of videos going over each and every minute detail on why the flash sucked and how phoebe waller bridge ruined indiana jones.

i watched some of the drinker's chasers videos because i was interested in reviews of those movies, but i only needed one review from him to know what was going on with the film. but then my youtube feed is full of drinker and his buddies posting video after video after video on indiana jones. it's ridiculous, but then again, that's what gets views for some reason. i WANT to blame him, but i should be blaming all the people who force him into doing stuff like that. or maybe i'll just blame them both.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
again, it's not that he ONLY reviews stuff he hates. he doesn't. it's not even really his fault that i'm bored with him and his crew... Juvarisx pointed it out exactly, hate reviews get significantly more views than good reviews, so they all make a ton of videos going over each and every minute detail on why the flash sucked and how phoebe waller bridge ruined indiana jones.

i watched some of the drinker's chasers videos because i was interested in reviews of those movies, but i only needed one review from him to know what was going on with the film. but then my youtube feed is full of drinker and his buddies posting video after video after video on indiana jones. it's ridiculous, but then again, that's what gets views for some reason. i WANT to blame him, but i should be blaming all the people who force him into doing stuff like that. or maybe i'll just blame them both.
He goes into just as minute of detail for the movies he likes, which is about half of his videos. He's a critic. He has a POV that is consistent. If it's not a POV you agree with then don't watch his stuff. He's not *just* out for the clicks, or he would do 100% shitting on woke films 100% of the time. But that's not what he is doing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Nah, hate to use the RLM example again but they stopped going to shit they know they dont care about or hate such as super hero movies outside of James Gunn or Sam Raimi. Hell I'd rather them review every Star Trek episode in order starting in TOS then them tell me why they hate a Barbie movie that isn't aimed at them, and they have no interest in seeing outside of farming hate clicks.

It has nothing to do with him not knowing what he is saying, he could have reviewed Oppenheimer or whatever but that doesnt get hate clicks, and its the type of shit im bored with.

This is why he reviewed Barbie

View attachment 483738

Of course, and no one would ever use his review of Barbie as an honest assessment of the movie. He doesn't hate everything but has a specific type of movie he likes to shit on, and his audience loves that. He's no different than any other movie critic in that regard. In the 90s, I knew a movie loved by the critics would be something I didn't like most of the time. If Szlia likes a movie, it's probably ass in my opinion.

Tell me how he's any different than the movie critics that won't even review Sound of Freedom or lambast it in the weakest ways....because of their politics?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Still wild to think about how end game made 360 million in one weekend all by itself.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Of course, and no one would ever use his review of Barbie as an honest assessment of the movie. He doesn't hate everything but has a specific type of movie he likes to shit on, and his audience loves that. He's no different than any other movie critic in that regard. In the 90s, I knew a movie loved by the critics would be something I didn't like most of the time. If Szlia likes a movie, it's probably ass in my opinion.

Tell me how he's any different than the movie critics that won't even review Sound of Freedom or lambast it in the weakest ways....because of their politics?

It's not just about a critic that say works for Variety saying Sound of Freedom is shit for x,y,z reasons (I haven't seen it), its that they leave the review and move on. Those sites are egregious when they have their opinion writers saying "Why Barbie is So Important Right Now", but those are rarely critic reviews and more their blue haired intern that the professional critic circles laugh at. There are few critics I actually follow, RLM is the only online only one, but it would be like Kermode, Ebert (when he was alive), and Siskel isnt bad. My best friend is one for an online publication non video that I read but him and I are nearly step locked into what we like.

Drinker has 8 listed videos on Indy 5, probably more with his friends, and if you really wanna get dumb YouTube search Critical Drinker Indiana Jones reaction. Video after video of a dude watching his opinion and maybe adding to it, probably not. YouTube reactionaries just are exhausting to me, its not about the politics of it, I am completly sick of the circular outrage -> reaction -> further outrage -> further reaction -> repeat. It could be a person who LOVED Barbie and achieves the same result (they wouldnt since hate gets more clicks), its about click farming.

And maybe hey good for them for doing it to make money I guess, it was never really an issue until every popular outrage video was posted here and takes over the convo. There is very little nuance in them, its well Kathy Kennedy sucks and is killing the next Lucas Film film. Okay where's the convo? Movie looks bad? don't go see it....I haven't seen Indy 5 and have no plans to, I didn't even see Last Jedi or Rise in theaters cause they looked bad.

Don't get me wrong once upon a time I loved watching Plinket shit all over the TNG movies and Prequels, but it grew tired, and they grew tired of it too. I much prefer his Titanic one cause there is balance to it. I think it speaks to a younger generation that grew up only watching YouTube and TikTok or whatever and getting their opinions solely based on that.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 483761

View attachment 483762

Its really wild that these two movies have a combined budget roughly the same (or far less) as this summer's flops like The Flash or Indy 5.

And I really need to know what made Cruise and the Mission Impossible producers decide that last week was the week to release. I know it has been stated that they over-respected the audience for Indy, so that's why they skipped July 4th week.

But, from Cruise of all people, it seems pretty disrespectful that they would so underestimate the draw of 2 directors who's fans will show up in droves (Nolan more so, obviously, but Little Women was a big hit for Gerwig).

MI closing out the summer in 3 weeks probably would have had legs for a month, but now it's just buried.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It's not just about a critic that say works for Variety saying Sound of Freedom is shit for x,y,z reasons (I haven't seen it), its that they leave the review and move on. Drinker has 8 listed videos on Indy 5, probably more with his friends, and if you really wanna get dumb YouTube search Critical Drinker Indiana Janes reaction. Video after video of a dude watching his opinion and maybe adding to it, probably not. YouTube reactionaries just are exhausting to me, its not about the politics of it, I am completly sick of the circular outrage -> reaction -> further outrage -> further reaction -> repeat. It could be a person who LOVED Barbie and achieves the same result (they wouldnt since hate gets more clicks), its about click farming.

And maybe hey good for them for doing it to make money I guess, it was never really an issue until every popular outrage video wasn't posted here and takes over the convo. There is very little nuance in them, its well Kathy Kennedy sucks and is killing the next Lucas Film film. Okay wheres the convo? Movie looks bad? dont go see it....I havent seen Indy 5 and have no plans to, I didnt even see Last Jedi or Rise in theaters cause they looked bad.

Don't get me wrong once upon a time I loved watching Plinket shit all over the TNG movies and Prequels, but it grew tired, and they grew tired of it too. I much prefer his Titanic one cause there is balance to it. I think it speaks to a younger generation that grew up only watching YouTube and TikTok or whatever and getting their opinions solely based on that.

Hate never truly sustains...but it does pay well. It could have hit him harder but probably it was just a lack of other things he wanted to talk about. It is tiresome though. Move on fucker! Same on other topics getting drug into the ground, especially here, but wut do. Dude needs an editor just like they have to keep him on point.

I get tired of the shit too but I'm even more tired of certain types of movies being greenlighted that can't tell an interesting story. Not this but other things out there. If it doesn't have group A, doesn't show Thing C, and doesn't preach at least 3 times, it doesn't even get made. WTF. We need a cleanser like Jaws; The Revenge, Superman IV, or even Mannequins 2 to remind us of the golden days.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
I get tired of the shit too but I'm even more tired of certain types of movies being greenlighted that can't tell an interesting story. Not this but other things out there. If it doesn't have group A, doesn't show Thing C, and doesn't preach at least 3 times, it doesn't even get made. WTF. We need a cleanser like Jaws; The Revenge, Superman IV, or even Mannequins 2 to remind us of the golden days.

This I can agree with, its still mostly shows since EP's have such a presence on TV and film directors (the big ones) have autonomy.

I think streaming is part of it, companies like Netflix have to churn so much content, shit like The Pearl gets made which was the animated Meagan Merkle show, or the Paltrow sex positive show. I have no idea who that shit is for but it lets Netflix boast they are on the right side of PC culture etc etc. I dont think Ted Sarandos really cares others then keeping a controversy free image, but it does lead to 10 Rings of Power / Wheel of Times for every The Boys.

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
He has positively reviewed movies in 9 of his last 20 videos. So... yeah, you're not a fan of his, but he definitely isn't just bashing on shitty movies. If his POV doesn't match yours, that's fine. He may very well do an Oppenheimer review this week. Anyhow, find a critic who is on your wavelength or don't. I enjoy Critical Drinker and Heelvsbabyface.
Him shitting on lots of movies probably speaks more to the quality of the garbage they're putting out than him as a person.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Him shitting on lots of movies probably speaks more to the quality of the garbage they're putting out than him as a person.
certain people get offended when the movie they liked gets shit on. i still really enjoyed the Wachowski girls, Street Racer and i got a ton of shit for that opinion. i still liked the movie so it meant nothing to me if somebody else hated it.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Still wild to think about how end game made 360 million in one weekend all by itself.
Is it that wild? It was the culmination of 22 movies over 13 years, plus tons of other tie-in stuff, plus decades and decades of comics to draw material from.

It was one of the best branded events of all time.

Barbie is also a pillar of branding going back 64 years.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Is it that wild? It was the culmination of 22 movies over 13 years, plus tons of other tie-in stuff, plus decades and decades of comics to draw material from.

It was one of the best branded events of all time.

Barbie is also a pillar of branding going back 64 years.
Still 100 million more than the current second place and its predecessor. It thoroughly demolished the records and hasn't even come close to being challenged. So, yeah, even with that culmination, it's pretty amazing, imo.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Still 100 million more than the current second place and its predecessor. It thoroughly demolished the records and hasn't even come close to being challenged. So, yeah, even with that culmination, it's pretty amazing, imo.
It's also just a fantastic movie. Captain, on your left! Always cheers me up.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
certain people get offended when the movie they liked gets shit on.
it's not even that. i pretty much agree wholeheartedly with everything drinker says. but if i wanted to hear my own opinion all day long i'd just talk out loud more.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It has nothing to do with him not knowing what he is saying, he could have reviewed Oppenheimer or whatever but that doesnt get hate clicks, and its the type of shit im bored with.
At some point thats basic human nature, hate/outrage sells far more than praise/uplifting content.

But on the other hand its not his fault the overwhelming vast majority of media made today is shit specifically because its made by woke retards. Disney and the like should ALWAYS be called out for their woke retardation.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users