Barbie (2023)

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Most Indy VOD will probably be mis-clicks by people looking to stream Indy 3 or some such.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Barbie movie. The humor is extremely nuanced, and without a solid understanding of societal gender norms and the complex history of Barbie, most of the satire will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Barbie's nuanced exploration of her own objectification, which is deftly woven into her characterization - her personal philosophy draws heavily from feminist literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these commentaries, to realize that they're not just funny - they say something deep about SOCIETY. As a consequence, people who dislike the Barbie movie truly ARE unsophisticated - of course, they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the satire in Barbie's existential realization of her own artificiality, which itself is a cryptic reference to Jean Baudrillard's concept of hyperreality. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Greta Gerwig's genius wit unfolds itself on their movie screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, I DO have a Barbie tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only - and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 emotional IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Barbie movie. The humor is extremely nuanced, and without a solid understanding of societal gender norms and the complex history of Barbie, most of the satire will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Barbie's nuanced exploration of her own objectification, which is deftly woven into her characterization - her personal philosophy draws heavily from feminist literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these commentaries, to realize that they're not just funny - they say something deep about SOCIETY. As a consequence, people who dislike the Barbie movie truly ARE unsophisticated - of course, they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the satire in Barbie's existential realization of her own artificiality, which itself is a cryptic reference to Jean Baudrillard's concept of hyperreality. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Greta Gerwig's genius wit unfolds itself on their movie screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, I DO have a Barbie tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only - and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 emotional IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

Chat gpt posts got old last year

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The irony
You recognize it as being a parody of the old "to be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty" copypasta, right...?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

The irony in replying to the irony with a wall of text and repeating the same spelling mistake of "personal" because you're too low IQ to spot it

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The irony in replying to the irony with a wall of text and repeating the same spelling mistake of "personal" because you're too low IQ to spot it
Lol that spelling mistake is an iconic part of the original copypasta being parodied, why would anyone change it? I absolutely knew it was there lolol. Fucking Abs Simpson yelling at clouds dot gif old man, do you even know what a copypasta IS?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Also fitting would be thats-the-joke.gif. The person who wrote the original copypasta was NOT being serious. The spelling mistake was INTENTIONAL irony lol. Genuinely ridiculous that you're arrogant enough to assume that shit was serious and that it was an accidental spelling mistake on the part of the original author bahaha

spronk

FPS noob
out on VOD/torrents

also has beat Super Mario Bros as biggest movie of 2023 and probably nothing else to beat it this year or probably next.

Goonsquad Officer
out on VOD/torrents

also has beat Super Mario Bros as biggest movie of 2023 and probably nothing else to beat it this year or probably next.
Barbie cinematic universe incoming

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
out on VOD/torrents

iu

:)

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Watching it now. It's completely tongue in cheek, and fairly entertaining. Not enough for me to leave my phone in the other room for the full duration

Wait, it just got interesting