Lord Nagafen Raider
i heard rumors he wouldn't be back and i was all

GULP.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's a very good show. Kind of went darker as the season went on. I can see S2 basically having him try to preserve his relationship with the girl while getting dragged into killing people (I'm sure Fuches plays a major part in that). Similar to Dexter though I can't see the girl surviving forever which will probably send him off the deep end.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well thats a dick tease also fuck everyone that kept trying to compare this show to Dexter

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Good start. Like that Hank stepped up and wasn't a push over when Barry blew him off. I missed how the detective made the connection between Fuches and Barry though. Might have to rewatch the first season.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Definitely off to a good start.

I wonder if HBO would end the series with Barry's death. Can't see this going for more than a few seasons, don't think the premise can support a long run. And what better way to tie off the end than his death?

Hm.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just binged this during Watchathon. Was a fun ride with my time, but not enough there yet to recommend it over other things because it is HBO and they bank their shows forever - there's no risk that it'll go away unlike other shows/movies.
The supporting cast are all cringey, terrible people and I spend time refusing to relate to them, but the show does makes fun of them. It skirts the line of this is satire and we're showing how not to be; and no this is SJW, we're normalizing these behaviors and you will like it.

iannis

Musty Nester
I couldn't like anyone in the show except the russians.

As much as I like hader, I actively dislike all the characters enough that the rare noho appearance wasn't enough. I know they're doing self satires. That's kinda the problem.

Wasn't for me. It was well constructed, at least.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Sally has been bugging me more this season than last season, and i just realized why -- her character is basically unfamous Brie Larson.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't think she's supposed to be likable. She's a pretty terrible person.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I really disliked this episode.
The whole Barry has anger issues thing feels out of nowhere, none of this was present in the first season.
Barry was generally calm, cool and collected when killing people, always based on pure logic and not rage.
His emotional issues used to be about dealing with the fact that he is a cold blooded killer.

Then we get the whole story from his past and it turns out that the story is about how he killed an innocent man and the event that led to him being discharged.
How could he ever think of that event as "the time I saved a life" like he stated earlier and then go "oh right, that was THAT time".

And how could he equate killing a guy in rage after your friend was shot in a war setting to killing Moss?
Its nowhere near the same thing, but this one I can see being on purpose. Barry wanting so bad to not be seen as a bad guy that he is reaching here to draw these kind of absurd conclusions on his way to a reality check later in the season makes sense.

I love this show but this episode was very disappointing.