Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Are those darkseids minions at 2:06?
3297683-9707658892-21306.jpg

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I want to wish that it wasn't... but it probably is. Ya know.. the only saving grace is I am looking forward to the Batman Trilogy, since it won't be in Snyder's hands.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Lex was the worst part for me.
Seriously. Is he supposed to be Lex Luthor or the fucking Joker? Because he acted far more like the Joker than Lex ever did. Lex (even the Gene Hackman version) has always been a lot more sane and serious than this dipshit acted. I hate that fucking actor anyway, and I wasn't fond of "yet another Lex vs. Superman" movie, but god dammit that looks fucking terrible. And the worst part is that, despite a lot of people here hating him, I actually thought Cavill was a perfect *looking* Superman (debate his acting all you want), and it is possible that this and whatever shitshow Justice League turns out to be will kill yet another Superman iteration before it even really has a chance.

Granted, this could be a masterpiece and we all just aren't seeing it somehow, but assuming this is as godawful as it appears, what does this do to the future of their universe? I assume most of Justice League is already shot, or will be by the time this releases? Sure, this will probably make money, but if it isn't great the chances of JL knocking it out of the park are pretty slim, and if Suicide Squad is as terrible as it looks too...do they just abandon the whole project and cede supremacy to Marvel? And focus on the only area they actually shine, television?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dont mind Affleks Batman at all. That's about the only positive thing I took from that.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks pretty bad, the entire movie looks like its trying to cram in way to much reminds me of Spider-man 3 with its bloated cast.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Seriously. Is he supposed to be Lex Luthor or the fucking Joker? Because he acted far more like the Joker than Lex ever did. Lex (even the Gene Hackman version) has always been a lot more sane and serious than this dipshit acted. I hate that fucking actor anyway, and I wasn't fond of "yet another Lex vs. Superman" movie, but god dammit that looks fucking terrible. And the worst part is that, despite a lot of people here hating him, I actually thought Cavill was a perfect *looking* Superman (debate his acting all you want), and it is possible that this and whatever shitshow Justice League turns out to be will kill yet another Superman iteration before it even really has a chance.
Its so fucking stupid they modeled him after some 21st century mid 20s hipster techie kid aka zuckerberg.

Either way good god that looks terrible. Its like someone recorded a pile of shit being flushed for three minutes. Also why does batman have a gun?

Column_sl

shitlord
That was the first Zack Snyder trailer I ever watched that looked terrible. Usually he makes a Baller trailer, and a mediocre to shitty film...

Heian

Molten Core Raider
The first trailer was edited in a much better way. This one pretty much sums up the movie. I do like the batman armor. Affleck look like a pretty decent batman. The explosion Doomsday remind me of superman's new solar flare power.

I'm much more excited about the new Batman trilogy and I can't wait to see all this unfold with the much more fleshed out villains that will come from Suicide Squad.

From this trailer this movie does look pretty average. It does have that Spiderman 3 vibe as someone stated.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Haha I know I've used this line before but the Marvel Execs just ordered up another fresh truckload of cocaine. Wrong tone, bad dialogue, and the WTF expressions at the appearance of WW at the end pretty much mirrors mine.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Looks terrible, as others have said--very Spider Man 3, too many characters feel to it. Marvel did their standalones first for a reason, so they could toss a character into the films and have it feel natural and understandable for their audience. Because they know characters need a decent backstory and introduction.

Fucking Wonder Woman showing up out of no where, I'm sure will be every bit as shitty as it looks in the trailer. Pretty bad when they add dialogue poking fun at their own mess of characters from no where. =-/

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
and Goku doesn't? Let's not pretend authors on either side of the planet didn't go overboard on the obscene power creep.
You can't beat E.E. Doc Smith power creep, where you start your "ultimate weapons" with laser guns that burn themselves after one shot in the 1st episode, and you end with battles fought with antimatter planetS (plural) thrown at faster than light speeds to your target. As a diversion for the real fight.

Too bad the estate got so pissed at the godawful anime adaptation and swore no one will ever do another adaptation of the Lensman.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You can't beat E.E. Doc Smith power creep, where you start your "ultimate weapons" with laser guns that burn themselves after one shot in the 1st episode, and you end with battles fought with antimatter planetS (plural) thrown at faster than light speeds to your target. As a diversion for the real fight.

Too bad the estate got so pissed at the godawful anime adaptation and swore no one will ever do another adaptation of the Lensman.
found it
seems a bit of Studio Ghibli talent co worked on this.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I agree that Doomsday looks kind of silly. That said, I think you're all crazy, and this looks absolutely awesome. I'm super stoked to see this now.

Fucking Wonder Woman showing up out of no where, I'm sure will be every bit as shitty as it looks in the trailer. Pretty bad when they add dialogue poking fun at their own mess of characters from no where. =-/
I don't mind this. It's not like some semi-obscure Marvel character; everyone knows who Wonder Woman is. I'd rather she just show up and start wrecking shit than try to develop her during the movie. She's got her own movie coming for character development later.